How Good Is Sammy Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am still on the Jadeveon Clowney bandwagon but WR Sammy Watkins is a very close second! Watkins seems to have all the qualities (Speed, Great Hands, Good Route Running, etc) of a #1 Receiver and I think he would do wonders for the Rams passing game! If the Rams select Watkins with their top pick they could then pick the best OT (And, this Draft seems very deep at the OT position) with their #13 pick.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It would be nice to have Sam throwing S.A.M.'s to Sammy in the Ed here in the Lou.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am still on the Jadeveon Clowney bandwagon but WR Sammy Watkins is a very close second! Watkins seems to have all the qualities (Speed, Great Hands, Good Route Running, etc) of a #1 Receiver and I think he would do wonders for the Rams passing game! If the Rams select Watkins with their top pick they could then pick the best OT (And, this Draft seems very deep at the OT position) with their #13 pick.

After tonight he will be a top 5, maybe top 3 pick for sure. The gap between him and every other wr continues to grow.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We need another Sammy Watkins thread. :cheese:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
While I think he is impressive with the jukes and speed I have seen no evidence in this game that he is a good route runner. The TD was a go pattern and a blown defense. Most of his other catches have been screens. Still impressive against this level of competition.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I've seen him before, but tonight he looks amazing.

I think they have to take him somehow. He's probably gonna blow up the Combine. He's electric.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The other Clemson WR is pretty decent looking too.

RFIP

I've seen him before, but tonight he looks amazing.

I think they have to take him somehow. He's probably gonna blow up the Combine. He's electric.

Like I said, he completes the offense. You see this guy and you have to understand that he IS a true #1 wr and will just get everyone else in their rightful spot.

Just on what we know today, could you imagine Cook at TE, Tavon in slot with Watkins and Bailey out wide?

If the coverage doesn't roll to Watkins your defense has NO CHANCE, and if it does how do you bracket Tavon? Or watch Cook in the slot? And Bailey one on one on the other side with his route running?

This would all be counting on ZERO from Quick, Givens or Pettis who we at least know is a nice red zone target and chains mover.

Not to mention, this puts and end to ANY more 8 man boxes for the running game.

Rams simply have to do WHATEVER it takes to draft this guy, he IS that good.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Like I said, he completes the offense. You see this guy and you have to understand that he IS a true #1 wr and will just get everyone else in their rightful spot.

Just on what we know today, could you imagine Cook at TE, Tavon in slot with Watkins and Bailey out wide?

If the coverage doesn't roll to Watkins your defense has NO CHANCE, and if it does how do you bracket Tavon? Or watch Cook in the slot? And Bailey one on one on the other side with his route running?

This would all be counting on ZERO from Quick, Givens or Pettis who we at least know is a nice red zone target and chains mover.

Not to mention, this puts and end to ANY more 8 man boxes for the running game.

Rams simply have to do WHATEVER it takes to draft this guy, he IS that good.

Tell me what you have seen from tonight's game that make you think he is a good outside the numbers WR? I have seen one pass to him, the TD, that was a go route with him lined up in the slot.

To me he looks like a bigger TA

RFIP

Tell me what you have seen from tonight's game that make you think he is a good outside the numbers WR? I have seen one pass to him, the TD, that was a go route with him lined up in the slot.

There are no words to say to you or anyone with that thought process. No offense. Let me just say he's the best wr to come out since Julio Jones.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He'll be fine outside. Even Tavon is fine outside. Watkins is not really a bigger Tavon. He's a hard player to compare. I think he plays a lot like Andre Rison but he's faster and stronger than Rison was.

However, I think some are overhyping him a bit. He's tied with Mike Evans for me for best in the class.

There are no words to say to you or anyone with that thought process. No offense. Let me just say he's the best wr to come out since Julio Jones.

Julio wasn't the best WR in this own class. :wink: