How Good Is Sammy Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ehh...his QB came up short. Dalton was awful in that 2nd half,to be honest. I don't have a dog in this fight but lets not start dogging AJ Green here.

Green dropped the ball on big plays in both playoff games. Sure, Dalton stinks. But let's not give Green a pass for not coming up big when he needs to. IMO, he's overrated.

iced

Yeah I really liked what I saw of Watkins and I was up in the air on the TA pick last year. I would rather have had a young stud on the O line with the first pick last year and Keenan Allen. I still don't know how much difference another rookie WR makes versus a a guy that could a starter on your O Line for 10 years.

well good thing he's not a rookie for 10 years - holt made quite the difference for us too

Alan

Legend
iced added:
well good thing he's not a rookie for 10 years - holt made quite the difference for us too
Of course we had Bruce, some unknown RB and Proehl among others to enable him to only have single coverage for years. That's gotta help don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I want us to trade down to 5 or 6 and take this guy there - and then Taylor Lewan with our no 13 pick. Then hopefully we can have 2 second rounders aswell.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody has A.J. Green's crazy ball skills and body control. Nobody.

Alshon Jeffery does. But he doesn't have Green's fluidity and burst.

Watch AJ Green and Watkins college games.

Watkins is better.

Not in this universe or any other.

Green dropped the ball on big plays in both playoff games. Sure, Dalton stinks. But let's not give Green a pass for not coming up big when he needs to. IMO, he's overrated.

Green got open on both plays and Dalton made bad throws. On both plays, the ball wasn't dropped...it was slapped out of his hands.

And Green did come up big last year, he beat his man deep in the final few minutes of the game down by 6 for a TD on 3rd and 11 and Dalton overthrew him.

iced

Of course we had Bruce, some unknown RB and Proehl among others to enable him to only have single coverage for years. That's gotta help don't you think?

and even after they were gone...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah but only because he had all those other guys with him. Faulk, Warner, Ike, Pace Nutten, Miller, Timmerman, and a great defense too (1999). THAT was a great team.

iced

Yeah but only because he had all those other guys with him. Faulk, Warner, Ike, Pace Nutten, Miller, Timmerman, and a great defense too (1999). THAT was a great team.

Holt was only successful because he had the other guys with him?

Seriously? Holt's best season (1600 yards) came with BULGER.. And holt still played at a high level after Faulk, Warner, were on their way out.

I don't know why you keep talking about holt's career from 1999 to 2002 - I'm talking about his entire career here

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Holt was only successful because he had the other guys with him?

Seriously? Holt's best season (1600 yards) came with BULGER.. And holt still played at a high level after Faulk, Warner, were on their way out.

I don't know why you keep talking about holt's career from 1999 to 2002 - I'm talking about his entire career here
Holt was great not taking anything away from him but I would bet he would trade his personal success for some more winning teams.

iced

Holt was great not taking anything away from him but I would bet he would trade his personal success for some more winning teams.

and now we're getting far off track - the demise of what should have been a dynasty but wasn't didn't have to do with anything but incompetent coaching and management.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Drafting that RBfrom Arizona in the first round started the demise. Rams had big holes on defense to fill but trung canidate was a bust from day one