How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
My draft crush that I’d like to see the Rams pickup is Virginia Tech runningback Khalil Herbert

View: https://youtu.be/NN8lzCmrqCE

He averaged 7.6 ypc, 4.7 of which was after contact. He low to the ground at 5’9” and has a thick frame. He’s an ideal back for the zone blocking schemes.

I don’t know which round he is believed to be valued at but if the Rams could grab him with a mid round pick I think he could beat out a Henderson as the number two back once he learns the playbook .

I'm all for BPA, but I'd really like to see what the Rams have with these guys before seeing them use one of their few draft choices on a RB.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wMuuErIQsQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyHCPG5UE60

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I guess we can throw out whatever he did at the Senior Bowl.... (sarcasm)
Game play is always the ultimate on how good a player is as I've said countless times. But those testing numbers unless they're because of an injury are beyond atrocious.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
View attachment 44731
Fun little game while on the phone to play. Some I've had a massive amount of trade this one people only wanted to trade 2022 picks and guys just kept falling to me.

That's a nice draft right there. Your top two alone carry it.

And I have to admit... I don't know what I'm missing with Radunz. When I started watching his games I liked him so much I was like "welp no way in hell he gets to us." The guy has good balance, is powerful, and moves well. If by some miracle he's on the board at 57 let alone round 3 there's no way I'd pass on him. I like him that much. How he keeps getting listed into round 3 is insane to me. He's a top of the 2nd round type at the worst IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a nice draft right there. Your top two alone carry it.

And I have to admit... I don't know what I'm missing with Radunz. When I started watching his games I liked him so much I was like "welp no way in hell he gets to us." The guy has good balance, is powerful, and moves well. If by some miracle he's on the board at 57 let alone round 3 there's no way I'd pass on him. I like him that much. How he keeps getting listed into round 3 is insane to me. He's a top of the 2nd round type at the worst IMO.
This draft like others in hte past will be interesting. We see people who could sneak into the end of round 1 and sometimes those same guys can drop into the 3rd round. WR, Edge, OT and CB all could do that it's so crazy. Reading mocks I've literally seen Radunz go 23 to the Jets and I've seen us get him with #88.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok so I haven't watched as much game footage as I usually do. This year I've watched probably half the players through round 3ish range but I'm done regardless just waiting for the draft, so here's the guys who make me happy in rounds 2-3:

LT: Eichenberg. Not gonna get into the OTs who are going higher who I would of course be fine with. Eichenberg is that OT who doesn't wow you with freakish ability but he's really consistent. People may knock his upside but IMO this is the kind of guy the teams draft who plays 10 years and takes care of business. Drafting a depth option at 57 would annoy me a bit I admit but I would understand where they're coming from and this guy would be our LT of the future.

CB: To begin with I am not sure what the Rams are prioritizing here so this is a real wildcard position. Are they looking for a slot. If so they can address that deeper into this draft. Or are they looking for a replacement for Williams which means 57 is more in play. And if they are looking for a Williams replacement to load this secondary the ideal fit is Asante Samuel. Because he can play all over meaning he snuffs shit out for us in the slot this year then allows Williams to leave in FA in 2022. The dude played in three schemes and has done a bit of everything and does it all well even though he's a cover guy first and foremost. I just think he's very unlikely to be there. But this corner class really does look deep and I have not watched enough film to get all crazy and list all the guys who fit. Molden is a fantastic fit in the slot for example but I would rather take something else than him at 57 so maybe we get him or another slot type later. Either way gonna just say if the Rams like one of these guys enough I'm all in because I don't have a great feel for the group (the combo of not watching enough film on these guys plus how hard it is to evaluate outside corners without the All 22 works against me here).

ILB: Jamin Davis is my guy, one of my two favorite slam-dunk type fits in this draft. But I think he's gone. Teams are being quiet on him IMO. Good thing here is that I still think Nick Bolton has a good chance to slide and if so he is in play for us. I don't like Cox he reminds me too much of Littleton he's a soft and souped up safety who will struggle filling inside at this level so hopefully he's off the board to avoid the Rams convincing themselves they can make him tougher. Collins is a stud but no way he's on the board at 57. So for me it's Davis or Bolton who are my "reasonable chance of happening" types that I really like. Both of them would impact our defense significantly too because of how low the floor is.

OLB: Mentioned Rashad Weaver earlier in this thread but from what I'm seeing across different sites and mocks there is every reason to think he lasts into round 3 so if the Rams really like him they may move down then take him. His physicality is real. He will instantly impact whatever defense adds him. But he's a strongside guy (he may even be a 5T at this level he is so strong) and we retained Floyd. I'll just close with him by saying I still hope they pick him in round 3 because his strength allows him to move around and play in odd fronts on passing downs even inside. Aside from him there are some really interesting options in this draft. From that round 2-3 range there's a lot of guys who could help us and I'm good with any of them from Ossai to Sample to even the more risky options like Perkins, Tryon or Roche (who seems like he's dropping maybe has a red flag idk). I think there's a good chance we get one add to that group for Shula to coach up.

5T: this position is ugly man. I just don't see a lot of options but admittedly it's not like I've scoured the list or anything. So there's no guys I'm really hot for here outside of Weaver who I think may end up playing 5T. I really wanted to like Odeyingbo (I want length at 5T) but the more I watched the more he turned me off. We'll see I guess.

Really excited about this draft though. Main thing with 57 is a difference maker so as long as they take that shot I'm good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ok so I haven't watched as much game footage as I usually do. This year I've watched probably half the players through round 3ish range but I'm done regardless just waiting for the draft, so here's the guys who make me happy in rounds 2-3:

LT: Eichenberg. Not gonna get into the OTs who are going higher who I would of course be fine with. Eichenberg is that OT who doesn't wow you with freakish ability but he's really consistent. People may knock his upside but IMO this is the kind of guy the teams draft who plays 10 years and takes care of business. Drafting a depth option at 57 would annoy me a bit I admit but I would understand where they're coming from and this guy would be our LT of the future.

CB: To begin with I am not sure what the Rams are prioritizing here so this is a real wildcard position. Are they looking for a slot. If so they can address that deeper into this draft. Or are they looking for a replacement for Williams which means 57 is more in play. And if they are looking for a Williams replacement to load this secondary the ideal fit is Asante Samuel. Because he can play all over meaning he snuffs shit out for us in the slot this year then allows Williams to leave in FA in 2022. The dude played in three schemes and has done a bit of everything and does it all well even though he's a cover guy first and foremost. I just think he's very unlikely to be there. But this corner class really does look deep and I have not watched enough film to get all crazy and list all the guys who fit. Molden is a fantastic fit in the slot for example but I would rather take something else than him at 57 so maybe we get him or another slot type later. Either way gonna just say if the Rams like one of these guys enough I'm all in because I don't have a great feel for the group (the combo of not watching enough film on these guys plus how hard it is to evaluate outside corners without the All 22 works against me here).

ILB: Jamin Davis is my guy, one of my two favorite slam-dunk type fits in this draft. But I think he's gone. Teams are being quiet on him IMO. Good thing here is that I still think Nick Bolton has a good chance to slide and if so he is in play for us. I don't like Cox he reminds me too much of Littleton he's a soft and souped up safety who will struggle filling inside at this level so hopefully he's off the board to avoid the Rams convincing themselves they can make him tougher. Collins is a stud but no way he's on the board at 57. So for me it's Davis or Bolton who are my "reasonable chance of happening" types that I really like. Both of them would impact our defense significantly too because of how low the floor is.

OLB: Mentioned Rashad Weaver earlier in this thread but from what I'm seeing across different sites and mocks there is every reason to think he lasts into round 3 so if the Rams really like him they may move down then take him. His physicality is real. He will instantly impact whatever defense adds him. But he's a strongside guy (he may even be a 5T at this level he is so strong) and we retained Floyd. I'll just close with him by saying I still hope they pick him in round 3 because his strength allows him to move around and play in odd fronts on passing downs even inside. Aside from him there are some really interesting options in this draft. From that round 2-3 range there's a lot of guys who could help us and I'm good with any of them from Ossai to Sample to even the more risky options like Perkins, Tryon or Roche (who seems like he's dropping maybe has a red flag idk). I think there's a good chance we get one add to that group for Shula to coach up.

5T: this position is ugly man. I just don't see a lot of options but admittedly it's not like I've scoured the list or anything. So there's no guys I'm really hot for here outside of Weaver who I think may end up playing 5T. I really wanted to like Odeyingbo (I want length at 5T) but the more I watched the more he turned me off. We'll see I guess.

Really excited about this draft though. Main thing with 57 is a difference maker so as long as they take that shot I'm good.

Davis is my favorite prospect match for the Rams also. You hear a lot of talk about him not reaching the Rams because he blew up his pro day. But he still only played for a year. I think his inexperience gives him a chance to go in round 2. But would that Rams trade up for a guy like that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Memphis Ram

Legend

I've cooled quite a bit on Eichenberg for a couple reasons. His 32 3/8" arm length isn't going to cut it at LT and In an interview his head coach said his future was at RT.

When the Rams go CB in the draft, I'm hopeful it will be a bigger player and not just a slot guy. Methinks this team is better when Ramsey can take snaps from the slot from time to time.

Like Bolton vs. the run. No so much vs. the pass.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting on the coach comment re: Eichenberg. Proof that I haven't done a ton of homework here I just really like his film. The guy is consistently excellent. :cheers2:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how I forgot the centers lol. My guy for Center at 57 is only Dickerson, who I don't think falls to us. I do like Creed and Myers but neither of those guys really slot at 57. Not when you compare them to some of the options that should slide to us there. But I think Dickerson is a beast and would take him there.

Meinerz to me is an OG for year one and maybe stays there. So he doesn't really address Center. Now if they want to move Corbs over to Center then hell yes let's do it. I would be happy with Meinerz at 57, I realize it's a reach but we need physicality on our lines.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure how I forgot the centers lol. My guy for Center at 57 is only Dickerson, who I don't think falls to us. I do like Creed and Myers but neither of those guys really slot at 57. Not when you compare them to some of the options that should slide to us there. But I think Dickerson is a beast and would take him there.

Meinerz to me is an OG for year one and maybe stays there. So he doesn't really address Center. Now if they want to move Corbs over to Center then hell yes let's do it. I would be happy with Meinerz at 57, I realize it's a reach but we need physicality on our lines.

CBS ranking

Radunz at 58
Humphrey 59
Bolton 62
Friermuth 66
Dickerson 68
Little 83
Myers 94
Meinerz 95

it’s just one list from one source but it’s possible that all of these guys are not as highly rated by NFL teams and could be available at 57 or even if the Rams trade back, which I expect them to do.

nighttrain

Legend
this

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CBS ranking

Radunz at 58
Humphrey 59
Bolton 62
Friermuth 66
Dickerson 68
Little 83
Myers 94
Meinerz 95

it’s just one list from one source but it’s possible that all of these guys are not as highly rated by NFL teams and could be available at 57 or even if the Rams trade back, which I expect them to do.
Yeah I'd love to see the Rams' board. Because some of those guys just don't line up for me. But either way I realize I'm no expert and don't have all the information they do that's for sure. :beer2::cool:

Memphis Ram

Legend

I think Dickerson will be there due to his injury history.
2016: Torn ACL as Freshman
2017: Played only 4 games as sophomore due to right ankle injury
2018: Lasted 2 games and then took medical redshirt due to left ankle injury
2019: Played full season after transfer to Alabama
2020: Tore his right ACL December 2020

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Dickerson will be there due to his injury history.
2016: Torn ACL as Freshman
2017: Played only 4 games as sophomore due to right ankle injury
2018: Lasted 2 games and then took medical redshirt due to left ankle injury
2019: Played full season after transfer to Alabama
2020: Tore his right ACL December 2020
As good as his tape is it's that injury history that makes me not want him.