How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
CBS ranking

Radunz at 58
Humphrey 59
Bolton 62
Friermuth 66

Dickerson 68
Little 83
Myers 94
Meinerz 95

it’s just one list from one source but it’s possible that all of these guys are not as highly rated by NFL teams and could be available at 57 or even if the Rams trade back, which I expect them to do.

I'd kill to have someone like Bolton or Freiermuth on the Rams. No way it's happening, though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd kill to have someone like Bolton or Freiermuth on the Rams. No way it's happening, though.

For every guy that is supposedly moving up, some other player has to move down. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Look at the list. There are a lot of good players ahead of those guys. Plus every year we hear the media claiming this guy is climbing or that a player like Demby is going in the fourth round. They don't know shit. No GM or scout is telling them the truth about their draft board.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Dickerson will be there due to his injury history.
2016: Torn ACL as Freshman
2017: Played only 4 games as sophomore due to right ankle injury
2018: Lasted 2 games and then took medical redshirt due to left ankle injury
2019: Played full season after transfer to Alabama
2020: Tore his right ACL December 2020

Exactly why I don't want the Rams to pick him. I keep thinking Terrell Lewis 2.0, or Barrett Jones. He is too big of a gamble for the Rams since they have limited picks. I think he's more of a power scheme fit anyway.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I'd love to see the Rams' board. Because some of those guys just don't line up for me. But either way I realize I'm no expert and don't have all the information they do that's for sure. :beer2::cool:

Most of them would move the needle for me. But like I said, I still expect a trade back.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Dickerson will be there due to his injury history.
2016: Torn ACL as Freshman
2017: Played only 4 games as sophomore due to right ankle injury
2018: Lasted 2 games and then took medical redshirt due to left ankle injury
2019: Played full season after transfer to Alabama
2020: Tore his right ACL December 2020
As good as his tape is it's that injury history that makes me not want him.
Exactly why I don't want the Rams to pick him. I keep thinking Terrell Lewis 2.0, or Barrett Jones. He is too big of a gamble for the Rams since they have limited picks. I think he's more of a power scheme fit anyway.
All fair points. And I'll admit the injury history is a concern. He's just the only guy to me who warrants that pick range where we are at.

I also get that maybe I'm being a bit too negative re: the rest of the centers. But we'll see how things go. Truth is you're not gonna touch a player of Dickerson's caliber at 57 without some negative.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I think round 2 is going to be painful watching a ton of excellent players go off before we pick. But someone good has to fall. Bolton I think is a great possibility because he doesn't have the upside of a guy like Davis in coverage. He's a beast of an ILB though so I'm with you on that. I'd also take Friermuth at 57 and be happy, big fan of his game the guy looks like someone's dad playing with the kids in the park when he gets loose in the secondary. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I think round 2 is going to be painful watching a ton of excellent players go off before we pick. But someone good has to fall. Bolton I think is a great possibility because he doesn't have the upside of a guy like Davis in coverage. He's a beast of an ILB though so I'm with you on that. I'd also take Friermuth at 57 and be happy, big fan of his game the guy looks like someone's dad playing with the kids in the park when he gets loose in the secondary. :ROFLMAO:

I have not seen much of Bolton. How does his college play compare to Kiser, who was very good. Would he be that much of an upgrade to use the pick on him?

I agree with you on Friermuth.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I have not read the full thread but I am pretty much done my very amateur scouting for this year and will share some personal favourites. These guys will probably stink but I reserve the right to get upset when we dont draft them late. Obviously I am just looking at mid-late round guys here. Kyle Pitts might be my favourite prospect ever. I also absolutely love Penei Sewell and Micah Parsons as prospects.

QB Sam Ehlinger
RB Asim Rose
WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
WR Amon-Ra St Brown
C Michael Menet
DE Jonathon Cooper
LB Nick Niemann

Memphis Ram

Legend
All fair points. And I'll admit the injury history is a concern. He's just the only guy to me who warrants that pick range where we are at.

I also get that maybe I'm being a bit too negative re: the rest of the centers. But we'll see how things go. Truth is you're not gonna touch a player of Dickerson's caliber at 57 without some negative.

I disagree. I'd take Creed Humphrey over Landon Dickerson even without the latter's poor injury history. But, my guess is that Humphrey won't be on the board at #57.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree. I'd take Creed Humphrey over Landon Dickerson even without the latter's poor injury history.
I don't see an elite center when I watch Creed's games. I see a good center who has some stuff to work on. I'd love to have him but no way at 57.

Here's his film vs Texas this past season. Watching full games gives a much better look at these guys IMO:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8ni7HzrS0

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see an elite center when I watch Creed's games. I see a good center who has some stuff to work on. I'd love to have him but no way at 57.

Here's his film vs Texas this past season. Watching full games gives a much better look at these guys IMO:

I think Creed has a higher ceiling than Blythe but I think he's more of a late second or early third round pick in this draft. I don't see any elite centers. There is nobody like Travis Frederick. There hasn't been for a while.

But Humphries looks like he would be a good fit for a zbs. I just don't put him so far ahead of the other centers, like some do. I think that the Rams have been so bad at center for so long that we will think any improvement is worth celebrating. I don't think they are likely to get a dominant center in this draft. Its part of why I'd be good with Menet or Morrissey later in the draft, if they get a higher rated player at another position of need.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I disagree. I'd take Creed Humphrey over Landon Dickerson even without the latter's poor injury history. But, my guess is that Humphrey won't be on the board at #57.

Dickerson doesn't look to me to be a good fit for a wide zone scheme. If they picked him I'd be inclined to think that they will be incorporating more power schemes.

As much as I want a great center I think they may be able to finds higher rated defensive player at 57, if they don't trade the pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As good as his tape is it's that injury history that makes me not want him.

Exactly why Les Snead will draft him.He isn’t afraid.

The 1 thing a lot of Ram Fans seem to forget & understand The Longest tenor Ram. No other than ?

Reggie Scott - began with Spags I think from Carolina? He has done so much for The Rams Organization.

Point is I’m sure he has a say in Players.Todd Gurley at 10?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I have a funny feeling The Rams have a couple rabbits up there sleeve?
Meinerz ?

Memphis Ram

Legend

I don't see many elite centers in the entire NFL.

And one could question how many so-called elite players at any position are in this draft class.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure. But my hope is that we get one of those types at that pick. This is a great year to swoop on a guy who slides there and add another high end player to this roster.

If they take Creed there I will assume I misread his upside. Just not the direction I would go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Menet or Morrissey later in the draft, if they get a higher rated player at another position of need.
Yes and Myers is likely there round 3 as well. Wouldn't surprise me if the Rams reach and fill the position. Just not what I hope to see. :cheers2:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see many elite centers in the entire NFL.

And one could question how many so-called elite players at any position are in this draft class.
In recent years the Rams always seem to just miss on good centers. I wonder if it will lead Snead to force the pick o fill the need. It has to be frustrating.
The Packers took Jenkins one spot ahead of the Rams in 2019, and the Broncos did the same in 2020

Memphis Ram

Legend
In recent years the Rams always seem to just miss on good centers. I wonder if it will lead Snead to force the pick o fill the need. It has to be frustrating.
The Packers took Jenkins one spot ahead of the Rams in 2019, and the Broncos did the same in 2020

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. In fact, I'm guessing that Drew Dalman will be the selection with that 2nd 3rd round pick.

Jenkins has looked good at Guard. Hopefully the same holds true as an NFL center.
But, I yet to read much of anything positive on Cushenberry's performance last year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. In fact, I'm guessing that Drew Dalman will be the selection with that 2nd 3rd round pick.

Jenkins has looked good at Guard. Hopefully the same holds true as an NFL center.
But, I yet to read much of anything positive on Cushenberry's performance last year.

Im wondering if the OL coach’s influence causes them to pick Dalman too. There are definitely a few others that I’d prefer.

The Rams reportedly liked Jenkins and he was one player that they visited. He was listed as a G/C. Basedon his play at guard and Green Bay’s willingness to let Linsley move on Id guess they think Jenkins could takeover at Center.

Cushenberry didn’t have a great season by all accounts but a RoD member linked an article reporting that the Broncos are still high on his potential.

Here is a little bit about him claiming he improved as the season went on.https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/keys-to-denver-broncos-offensive-line-turning-the-corner-in-2021