How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That defense didn't do him any favors with all that blitzing but yeah I'd love to see that dude in horns. (y)
Yeah I know he's raw and unrested in coverage but he's physical and flies to the ball. I'd really like Nick Bolton too. Physical, athletic, and really knows the game. You can just see the smoothness in his decision making.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn’t mind him at all at our 103 pick. Even better getting him at 141. Crazy hard to attempt predicting after 1st round who is going when this year.
Yep. If we don't get a Nick Bolton at 57 or a Dylan Moses we 88 I wouldn't play around at 103. Cameron Mcgrone for sure.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I know he's raw and unrested in coverage but he's physical and flies to the ball. I'd really like Nick Bolton too. Physical, athletic, and really knows the game. You can just see the smoothness in his decision making.

There are a few knees I could see them take. I think Surat fits the Snead McVay mold. I don’t like how raw he is though. But he’s got good instincts and is a leader. He could develop into a good replacement for Young imo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He didn’t look good in those videos that @Merlin shared against Georgia and Bama
Yeah I'm sure he's got some games where he kills it. I just threw a couple up that I found. This year sucks on film man, I quit looking at the options because of that.

Bolton is a powerhouse though. He's really physical so I have no complaints if the Rams take him at 57. Just seems like he takes bad angles at times but you can't teach physicality and you can't teach aggressiveness and he's got that stuff. They can work with him on stuff like angles and wrapping up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And re: Surratt him being a chess prodigy means he's smart and McVay gets a boner over smart players lol. But personally I am tired of souped up safeties playing ILB. I want physicality, nasty mean MFers off ball who punish runners.

Surratt is like Cox to me in that way, big athlete who can do it but will his heart be in it long term. Probably both those guys are best served as outside chase types and if you play them inside they'll look like Littleton did.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The more I watch Ifeatu Melifonwu the more I see Hill and what he did for the Rams. The Rams coaches loved Hill’s tackling. Melifonwu is a strong tackler and isn’t afraid to give himself up to make the stop. I see that he projects to late round 2. I think he’s be tough to pass up

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Justin Hilliard is a very intriguing player. He's a plus guy in a lot of different ways even though he looks small to me on his film. Compare him to these other ILBs and he's shrimpy looking little MFer but he has a penchant for big plays. Kind of a swiss army knife looking player to me, the guy can actually cover and his closing speed is something. He's 47 and I hate putting up highlights but the vid is from one game so it's fair to put it up as he had one hell of a game there. He'll go midrounds but is probably one of the more impacting midround pick possibilities.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgifIn_NRaM

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dang I didn't see them. Need to look

Bolton didn't play well against those two teams. That's it. He's got sideline-to-sideline speed, is more physical than any linebacker I've seen come out of Mizzou in recent years, and covers well. The only issues that are there are arm length and height; Bolton's only 5'11". But he's someone I'd kill to have in our inside linebacker group.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Werner is another possibility for us since I'm enduring some Ohio St footage (puke). He's a good athlete and I like his instincts. His weakness is any blocker erases him the guy has zero physicality which is something I don't like. But when he's chasing you can really see what he can do and he represents improvement vs the pass.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqdbE1JPvI

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some Moses... Personally I think this guy is a shitter. He looks like he's running half speed most of his games. Sometimes he flips the switch but it's almost like he creatively finds ways to not impact plays. Idk. Maybe I expect too much from ILB. But I don't like this guy I think he'll bust at the NFL level in spite of his considerable gifts in talent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXeRgiml8Q

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Some Moses... Personally I think this guy is a shitter. He looks like he's running half speed most of his games. Sometimes he flips the switch but it's almost like he creatively finds ways to not impact plays. Idk. Maybe I expect too much from ILB. But I don't like this guy I think he'll bust at the NFL level in spite of his considerable gifts in talent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXeRgiml8Q

That might be the ACL injury he suffered. In 2018, he looked absolutely dominant.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bolton didn't play well against those two teams. That's it. He's got sideline-to-sideline speed, is more physical than any linebacker I've seen come out of Mizzou in recent years, and covers well. The only issues that are there are arm length and height; Bolton's only 5'11". But he's someone I'd kill to have in our inside linebacker group.
Yeah when I watch him I like everything that I see and feel like he has everything you need for a linebacker. I know he's only 5'11 but to be honest I think that his skill set is about as prototypical of a linebacker as you can have.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So many draft previews for a position we won't even draft :D Kidding but yeah I think we'll stick with the ILB on the roster this year and if they don't work look to next year for them to address it. At best I'd say a 6th or 7th round pick there but even that I'm not sure about.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Merlin I wouldn’t want any of those guys at 57. I think they’d get a better player maybe at CB.
I know what you mean. Also though highlight vids are so much more fun to get you pumped about a player. When you watch the full game cutups there's always plays where you're not gonna be impressed. Especially if you get one of their lesser games lol.

But for a nice reality check watch some full Rams games too and focus on the ILBs. I respect what our guys have done of course but boy is there room for improvement.