Gurley 4 Year 60 Mil Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wow, just heard them mentioning Gurley got an extension on the way home, was surprised as fk. Happy though. Keeping this young core together for years to come is amazing. Now once AD agrees to terms I can truly relax.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
except he's better than you Bell.

First, Bell is making a good point here.

Second, that's debatable at best. Based on their production thus far, Bell has the right to ask for more money than Todd IMO.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
First, Bell is making a good point here.

Second, that's debatable at best. Based on their production thus far, Bell has the right to ask for more money than Todd IMO.

Well who cares about Bell honestly. That's Pitt's problem. ;p;

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I would also like to point out how horribly wrong I was about Gurley getting paid. I really thought he was headed for a contract showdown in two years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
YES! I love this front office. Getting TG30 at that price is amazing! Now for AD!

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is exactly what Seattle did when they had a friendly rookie contract with Wilson (though more work was done signing defensive players). Great move, setting us up to compete well for the next 3-4 years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD literally holds no cards in this fight. The Rams own him for 3 more years and there's really nothing he can do about it. His agent is a dumb dumb. Not to mention KMack isn't signing anytime soon either. And tbh i'm ok with not paying a DT Quarterback money.

If AD held no cards, we wouldn't be trying to make a deal with him.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What projections?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/running-back/

The Rams blew the top off the pay scale for running backs. It's not even close.

I don't doubt Gurley's talent. We have to see the details of the deal. That is my first reaction to the deal. It's OK to question Demoff as he did over pay for Tavon Austin. No I'm not comparing the two players. I'm wondering if the Rams could have gotten Gurley for a little less money.
In two years, after gurley played out this rookie deal, he would've been projected at about 15 million. Just like bell, who was offered 14 this year by the Steelers . Not to mention, they're the only two backs to have been in the MVP conversation for some time now, I believe. It's no wonder they'd cost a lot more

fearsomefour

Legend
On 1 to 10 scale, how mad is AD?

I'm getting very scared about losing him
they have rights for a couple of more seasons.....who knows how he feels about it, maybe his demands are just too much? a guy who relies that much on quickness is one step away from being ehh.....its why I don't like big money contracts on RBs. But, I bet they still get Donald done eventually.

Ram65

Legend
In two years, after gurley played out this rookie deal, he would've been projected at about 15 million. Just like bell, who was offered 14 this year by the Steelers . Not to mention, they're the only two backs to have been in the MVP conversation for some time now, I believe. It's no wonder they'd cost a lot more

Not really an offer. It's the second franchise tag that has a mandatory 14+ Million salary.

Again let's see the details. Considering the length of the deal and incentives it could be a good deal for the Rams.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really an offer. It's the second franchise tag that has a mandatory 14+ Million salary.

Again let's see the details. Considering the length of the deal and incentives it could be a good deal for the Rams.
An offer nonetheless. But I agree , especially if gurley sits at around 2,000 yards from scrimmage per year

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
they have rights for a couple of more seasons.....who knows how he feels about it, maybe his demands are just too much? a guy who relies that much on quickness is one step away from being ehh.....its why I don't like big money contracts on RBs. But, I bet they still get Donald done eventually.

I don't know that I completely agree with the sentiment "relies so much on quickness"

His quickness certainly helps him and a lot of it is how much he studies and works with hand eye coordination.

But Donald is also a monster of strength and conditioning.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Congrats to Todd and his family. Well deserved pay day, and I love that the Rams got it done now vice later.

Honestly, wrt to just the 2017 season, he was #1 on the roster in terms of contributions to winning. IMO he edged out even Donald in that regard. His fit with McVay and ability to continue to develop in the passing game in this offense is outstanding and we haven't necessarily seen his best and most consistent ball yet.

If things go according to plan, Goff will be super elite here real soon. But I gotta say it feels great to see them lock up another critical key piece towards making that happen. Don't want to get into Donald here, as we cover his contract well enough in a billion other threads, but hopefully we'll see him and Jared as the final two "big" contracts around which they'll build this team.

Oh and last but not least, don't be surprised if they extend Havenstein soon. I think signing him now would be very, very shrewd.