Gurley 4 Year 60 Mil Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Waiting for official confirmation, but I'm confident it's real.

Good move Les, now lets get AD signed and into camp.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Now I'm even more confused on how we can afford to sign AD this season.

I'd almost bet my last dollar that we don't sign AD, let him play out his rookie contract and tag him for two more years. Hopefully we can by then sign him to a team friendly deal or let him walk. It seems like the writing is on the wall.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Averages out to 15 million . That's less than Bell and Gurley is entering his prime . Very smart move to get this done before the price inevitably Rose again

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
On 1 to 10 scale, how mad is AD?

I'm getting very scared about losing him

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would AD be mad? He's next. I still believe he won't be in camp it won't get done til the last minute (Aug 7).

nimite

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Or it's contract time and it is on good way for Donald. Don't know how with the salary cap but we will see.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
#RBSMATTER

Press F to pay respects on Le'Veon Bell

For context:

OddballLegitimateHusky-size_restricted.gif

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

AD literally holds no cards in this fight. The Rams own him for 3 more years and there's really nothing he can do about it. His agent is a dumb dumb. Not to mention KMack isn't signing anytime soon either. And tbh i'm ok with not paying a DT Quarterback money.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If I'm reading this right, it really doesn't kick in for two more years ... so he's playing out his rookie contract then moving into the extension. Is this correct?

As for AD, Rams have all the leverage at this point. AD has to report by August 7th or he loses a year of FA. Even if he does, but won't sign, the Rams can franchise him for a couple of seasons after that, and I'm sure they would do just that. If the Rams are still offering to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league, then he either comes to his senses, takes the generous offer on the table and ends this madness. Otherwise, he's effectively placed on a series of one year deals with no long term guarantees. Your move, Aaron.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow. I really didn't expect that at all this year. Didn't even think they'd be talking about it. But that's a win win for both I think. Highest guaranteed Gurley would get probably which is huge for a RB. and the Rams have their center piece to their offense wrapped up for six seasons. I'm impressed.