Gurley 4 Year 60 Mil Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I struggled with the amount of the contract at first, but when I managed to change my perspective a bit it made a ton of sense.

Here’s what I mean.

Don’t think of Gurley as a RB. Think of him as a Weapon. He forces D’s to game plan against him. He gets yardage, 1st downs, and TD’s. And he gets them in big bunches. One has to almost sell out to defend against him which makes one all the more vulnerable to Cooks, Woods, Kupp, and Everett.

He was OPOY, for cryin’ out loud (almost MVP).

Lastly, ask yourself this question. What O player (other than the obvious Goff, technically) will touch the ball more than Gurley? Or get more yardage? Or get more TD’s? All due respect, but Cooks at $16 million won’t even come close. And I love Cooks at $16 million.

This is looking like a good extension now that I think about it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I struggled with the amount of the contract at first, but when I managed to change my perspective a bit it made a ton of sense.

Here’s what I mean.

Don’t think of Gurley as a RB. Think of him as a Weapon. He forces D’s to game plan against him. He gets yardage, 1st downs, and TD’s. And he gets them in big bunches. One has to almost sell out to defend against him which makes one all the more vulnerable to Cooks, Woods, Kupp, and Everett.

He was OPOY, for cryin’ out loud (almost MVP).

Lastly, ask yourself this question. What O player (other than the obvious Goff, technically) will touch the ball more than Gurley? Or get more yardage? Or get more TD’s? All due respect, but Cooks at $16 million won’t even come close. And I love Cooks at $16 million.

This is looking like a good extension now that I think about it.
I'll take Gurley being a running back. Everyone said Tavon Austin was a Weapon. I'd rather have Gurley.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take Gurley being a running back. Everyone said Tavon Austin was a Weapon. I'd rather have Gurley.

Tavon is a weapon. He looked great running the ball last season. But for some reason would always run over the sideline instead of hitting whatever crease was there. Maybe he was still worried about his wrist. We'll see what he can do with the cowboys.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
. We'll see what he can do with the cowboys.

He's gonna do what he does best, Dance!
giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I love TG I do not know if allocating this amount of cap money to RB is the way to build a Super Bowl team.

Why, do you long for the days of d rich, pead, Stacey and mason?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm still waiting for the Rams draft and cap situation to be crippled for ten years after giving out big paydays to Austin, Ogletree, Quinn, Cooks, Gurley, moving up for Goff, getting Watkins, etc.

[crickets chirping]

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
As much as I love TG I do not know if allocating this amount of cap money to RB is the way to build a Super Bowl team.
I think it's worth it if you have an All-Pro caliber back. I don't think the don't think the GSOT era would have happened without Faulk. We don't have to have to spend all of our cap on qb so we should spread it around and keep our guys happy and our team together. Actually, on another note, spending all of your cap of avg QBs like Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garrapolo etc don't help you build a Superbowl team either. Honestly, I think variance in NFL qb play is leveling out, especially when Brady retires, and we're entering a different era.

SN: I know you didn't mention anything about QBs. I just went on a tangent.