Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Most of us couldn't care less how Wentz plays though. It only matters to Rams fans how Goff plays because he's our QB. Eagles fans care about how Wentz plays.
I guess we'll care when they go head to head then....to be continued.
We can talk about Keenum better than Goff
Just saying....
Dude needs to change his name to PhillyChamp, or my personal favorite, AlloverWenztsJock...
I actually like the way philly champ sounds...but I'm from LA...
all over his jock...naw, just stating facts...
And please don't bother giving me any crap about wanting to win, or knowing greatness when you see it. You're full of crap, says Mr Robinson and Mr Quick.
Great...naw....good young players...waiting to be developed...like clay...need to be formed....
The fact that Keenum and Goffs numbers actually had to be posted in this thread, makes me want to punch someone in the fukin throat.
I like that you had a violent reaction....that the two are comparable should make you wanna fall, face first, on said throat.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's an MVP candidate because 1) they have the best record in football and 2) he is leading the league in TD passes
Yes, he is missing throws, and like I said before, nobody notices or cares because they are blowing teams out and his mistakes are meaningless. But he is still missing throws and if he does that in a tight playoff game, it wont be good.
I like Wentz, I really do. But who has he beaten really? Cupcake schedule
hmmmm

Wanted to respond to this....Cupcake schedule....agreed....They did play and lose to a hot KC team....Beat the breaks off a Denver team with a superbowl defense....beat the Panthers....beat the Skins, twice (I kinda like the skins)....beat the resurgent Chargers (kinda like them too)....not really blowin everyone out...I doubt any mistake is meaningless....turnovers lead to losses...and he has minimized turnovers....They have lost their LT, top ST weapon, Top Linebacker.....and continued to win...
Missing throws....really? I think his play is defined by clutch-ness...throws he needs to make to decide the game...Scrambles he needs to make to win the game....get first downs....big throws.....red zone execution....in the heat of the game. Stuff I'm looking for Jared to do....to win games...in the clutch....if so & so drops one, so & so fumbles...what does our QB do???

You're gonna see this weekend db....watch for the key plays...if I'm wrong, I say so...This is a playoff caliber team coming into our stadium...our #1 wr (geez, on a team with Sammy W) is down....we just lost a huge chance to gain ground on the Seahawks....huge game....what are these Rams gonna do? At home...defining moment....Is this Cal vs Air Force....or Cal vs USC, UCLA, Stanford, Utah......

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmmmm

Wanted to respond to this....Cupcake schedule....agreed....They did play and lose to a hot KC team....Beat the breaks off a Denver team with a superbowl defense....beat the Panthers....beat the Skins, twice (I kinda like the skins)....beat the resurgent Chargers (kinda like them too)....not really blowin everyone out...I doubt any mistake is meaningless....turnovers lead to losses...and he has minimized turnovers....They have lost their LT, top ST weapon, Top Linebacker.....and continued to win...
Missing throws....really? I think his play is defined by clutch-ness...throws he needs to make to decide the game...Scrambles he needs to make to win the game....get first downs....big throws.....red zone execution....in the heat of the game. Stuff I'm looking for Jared to do....to win games...in the clutch....if so & so drops one, so & so fumbles...what does our QB do???

You're gonna see this weekend db....watch for the key plays...if I'm wrong, I say so...This is a playoff caliber team coming into our stadium...our #1 wr (geez, on a team with Sammy W) is down....we just lost a huge chance to gain ground on the Seahawks....huge game....what are these Rams gonna do? At home...defining moment....Is this Cal vs Air Force....or Cal vs USC, UCLA, Stanford, Utah......
I’m just curious, but did you watch Wentz against the Cowboys last week? Or just check the stats after the game? Because he was awful in the 1st half of that game and had Dallas done anything offensively, that game would have taken a different path.
Wentz is missing throws. A bunch each game. Anyone who is actually watching him play and not noticing that just isn’t paying attention.
Oh and btw, Denver sucks this year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
hmmmm

Wanted to respond to this....Cupcake schedule....agreed....They did play and lose to a hot KC team....Beat the breaks off a Denver team with a superbowl defense....beat the Panthers....beat the Skins, twice (I kinda like the skins)....beat the resurgent Chargers (kinda like them too)....not really blowin everyone out.......

That is really giving them the benefit of the doubt and again missing a lot of context.

Yes, they caught KC at a tough time, they were hot. However, they beat a winless Giant team on a 62 yd FG and the game against a winless Charger team came down to the last possession. The 2nd game against the Redskins the Skins lost both starting OTs and Sherrif the best interior linemen...so after the Skins jumping out to a 10-0 lead, their offense fell apart. As for the Broncos, their defense was dead.. look what happened a week later at home against the Pats and before that they got run all over by the Giants...THE GIANTS!!! Having no QB or offensive output beat that D down. Now add in catching a Cowboy team that is also dead I think it is obvious they have not been tested at all in a long time.

They are fortunate they are playing the Seahawks and the Rams over the next few weeks because they have simply not been tested in months!! They will need some toughening up against decent competition. I could see their 1st home playoff game being a dangerous spot for them...a team that has not been tested, going up against a team like NO, Minn, LA, or even the Panthers. Whoever wins that 4/5 playoff game could be a tough match up (assuming they are the 1 seed)

Having said all that not sure how this impacts Goff and his development..... unless we are still dealing with agendas here.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I’m just curious, but did you watch Wentz against the Cowboys last week? Or just check the stats after the game? Because he was awful in the 1st half of that game and had Dallas done anything offensively, that game would have taken a different path.
Wentz is missing throws. A bunch each game. Anyone who is actually watching him play and not noticing that just isn’t paying attention.
Oh and btw, Denver sucks this year.
Didn't check the stats...or see the game...watched the highlights....and they did play poorly in the first half...before playing well in the 2nd.
denver I think was playing ok....good on defense...horrible on offense....then they played Philly...where it all fell apart.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yes, they caught KC at a tough time, they were hot. However, they beat a winless Giant team on a 62 yd FG and the game against a winless Charger team came down to the last possession. The 2nd game against the Redskins the Skins lost both starting OTs and Sherrif the best interior linemen...so after the Skins jumping out to a 10-0 lead, their offense fell apart. As for the Broncos, their defense was dead.. look what happened a week later at home against the Pats and before that they got run all over by the Giants...THE GIANTS!!!
I don't think the Giants are playing as bad as their record....they did quit against us....and the next game...but they've been playing decent.
San Diego is a pretty good team.

Skins have a pretty good team...

not playoff team good...yet...but getting better those two.

Broncos played well for a month....on defense...their offense is trash.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't check the stats...or see the game...watched the highlights....and they did play poorly in the first half...before playing well in the 2nd.
denver I think was playing ok....good on defense...horrible on offense....then they played Philly...where it all fell apart.
Highlights? Really?
Well that explains a lot

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
i Will take Goff And McVay over Wentz and Fisher....wenyz would have kept fish from being fired. Wake up......coffee is on

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think we're gonna see the 2 QB's we debated on that were drafted.....
And one of them is gonna show us which one is best.

Again, the agenda pops up.... we will know which one is better 3 or 4 years from now.

Remember when Kaepernick beat out Alex Smith.... he was "so much better" that now Smith has had several good seasons with the Chiefs and Kaepernick is out of football ... on merit.

Can't judge a career after 17 or 18 games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess we'll care when they go head to head then....to be continued.

Nope still only you. We Rams fans have a QB and it only matters what he does. Everybody else is irrelevant.

hmmmm

Denver playing good?

Aaaaaaaaahhhh that explains so very much thank you for finally being honest about that. I also can't type hahahahahaha enough to give you an honest response to it. You seriously just cut your own legs out of the right to discuss Goff and his short comings vs Wentz ever again. You likely do the same thing with Goff and these highlights and opinions of those providing the highlights are your source for your opinions in this discussion. I'm glad to be able to walk away from this so called debate head held high.

Go Goff!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aaaaaaaaahhhh that explains so very much thank you for finally being honest about that. I also can't type hahahahahaha enough to give you an honest response to it. You seriously just cut your own legs out of the right to discuss Goff and his short comings vs Wentz ever again. You likely do the same thing with Goff and these highlights and opinions of those providing the highlights are your source for your opinions in this discussion. I'm glad to be able to walk away from this so called debate head held high.

I watch all the Rams games....every bit of it...

Actually happened to tape Philly vs Dallas....watching some right now....noticed Philly went right down and scored after giving up a fg.....threw a dime to some RB on the sideline...whoever said he struggled in the first half....as far as the first drive of the game is concerned is full of shit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again, the agenda pops up.... we will know which one is better 3 or 4 years from now.

Remember when Kaepernick beat out Alex Smith.... he was "so much better" that now Smith has had several good seasons with the Chiefs and Kaepernick is out of football ... on merit.
Kaep is still better than Alex Smith

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Highlights? Really?
Well that explains a lot
Into the 3rd quarter now....a lil shaky stretch....couple of drops by Agholor....but he's heating up....and Dak looked awful too...
Aw Champ, you’re the best!
without you this board would have shorter legs
:LOL:
oh yeah? Figured everyone here was under 5'5 anyhow
Denver playing good?
Defense was....until....they got the BREAKS BEAT OFF THEM BY PHILLY!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Maybe he was talking about Philly's dope dance team....
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You;ve been looking at the bad Zeke pictures they put out regarding his suspension....You know, they have him pouting/frowning....then, when he plays and scores, they show the smiling pictures...TV is crazy like that.

In the sciences...there is a saying, "structure = function". The way a thing is shaped, is how it should perform. It's a typical comment when describing body parts in anatomy physiology...look at your hand...the fingers....your thumb is meant....built to grasp...strongly....not your pinkie finger....Get it?
Guys with big thick lower bodies are usually more powerful than tall, skinny lower bodies....thick necks can take more impacts....
Some teams pass the eye test.....Look at college football in the SEC.....something about the majority of the linemen down there....they look like NFL linemen....
Sure, some teams don't play well....of course more goes into performance than the "tools" you're born with..and developed with hard work and conditioning.

There is a reason we don't run the ball well vs certain teams....and why we don't stop the run well verse anyone. And part of it is the physical composition of our line players...

I don't care what pic you use. The Ewok couldn't take a good pic holding up a winning lottery ticket and covered in bikini models. I mean, c'mon...

Oh, and both Jason Smith and GRob passed the eye test.

*Mic drop*