Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best thing about this thread is when we play the Eagles we won't need a "what are Eagles fans saying" thread we already have one here to tell us all about them. He's spent all season doing it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He was but Goff didn't have much time to scan the field.
Yeah, it was a rushed play, but the coverage he was throwing into taken into consideration I thought that was why the RB was supposed to be an option.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be fine and I consider this to be his rookie year. That's just an oh, man Gurley could have done some damage on that play, and it reminds me of Faulk the way he can come down with the ball.

I think I'm thinking like this because mostly because if they have any chance against the Saints it will be more of a focus on Gurley opening things up.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
* I'm not mad
* I'd like all the Goff Fanboys to ADMIT
Do you see how you just contradicted yourself... I'm not mad.. but you need to admit..
Don't see a contradiction.....two separate points...

I'll agree though....I was rambling quite a bit....in a rush and things that came to me I just typed....

I'm not mad....seriously...but I know why I get all this flack...I'd just like a little objectivity....yall see what I see now...without a dominant offensive line...dominant running game...and dominant defense...It's hard for this team to beat playoff teams....with our QB....if we had a better one....
Um, sir, you just did :oops:
that was just a lil joke...don't worry lt...it wasn't directed at you....just the guy that insinuated I was a dick...for posting my observation....speaking of which...
what do YOU think we're gonna do at home?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Best thing about this thread is when we play the Eagles we won't need a "what are Eagles fans saying" thread we already have one here to tell us all about them. He's spent all season doing it.
I think we're gonna see the 2 QB's we debated on that were drafted.....
And one of them is gonna show us which one is best.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's missing throws though. Its not hurting them now, but if we are talking about post season concerns, thats a big one
missing throws??? But in the MVP conversation with Brady.....OK db...Not sure, but I think they also have a top rushing and passing offense....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll see a young QB growing and improving every week this Sunday. I'll see plenty of hope and a bright future. I already know what you'll see, whatever you can to fit your weird anti-Goff narrative. It's gotten to the point you can't even enjoy a 7-3 (or 7-2 record).... I mean that's a little depressing man.
I see up and down....sorry...great game vs pushovers....below average vs playoff style opponents. I'd like a playoff run...not 7-3.....not 8-3....not 9-3....playoff run....end game baby. Sorry you're depressed with my view.....it's not anti anything...It is what it is....IMO...you wanna change my opinion? See you this weekend...
And I say that in true sincerity, it's a pretty crappy thought to always be focused on what could have been, and never about how you can make the most of what you have. Just sit back and enjoy it, because you're not going to convince the rest of us to come down from our high. This has been the best season in over a decade.
Always focused on what would have been.....no.....remembering the past is helpful...in not repeating the mistakes...truest sincerity....ahhhh, I like how you put the most on honesty...almost like there's a lie in your statement somewhere...Just shut up and enjoy mediocrity....sorta like, man, you got a "C", shut up and be happy.....Tell me, say you're going in for major heart surgery, and your doctor was a "C" student....all the way through med school, you happy? You feeling confident? Maybe it's your wife with such a doctor...or your kids....You still happy??? I know, extreme comparison...but still relevant...Everyone doesn't get a trophy here coconuts...only the best...you wanna sit back and be happy cause we're not god awful fine....not me...I wanna championship...some of these players do to...many will be gone next year....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Do I think Goff has been our savior ? No, but I think from last year to this he's made huge strides. He's also looked like a rookie at times, which he essentially is. He's made some bad decisions, bad throws and looked average. But he's also made some great plays that gives you hope that he can be a star for a long time. Maybe he could of made a couple better decisions instead of forcing a bomb into triple coverage. I know one thing for sure, every person on this board could say when I was 23 I wish I would of done a few things different.
hmmm

great response....actually at a loss of words....I'm looking for a song...damnit....

I haven't see the great plays enough to feel this way...rather, more clearly, in tough games....Washington, Seattle, and Minnesota...I haven't seen the MONEY throws....I saw a few in Seattle....and none in the other two....maybe the Kupp drop last week...not enough...
Again...I don't think rookie means as much....and HE NO ROOKIE....tired of that crutch....he's built like a high school senior, but he's not a rookie...
I would bet money he's only going to get better.
But, that's just my opinion :)

BW
again....that's all we have BW....opines....bet money...my language...I just want a few playoff wins...

Look at the last 4 weeks....are we getting better...on offense?...I always think back to a couple QB's....RGIII...what happened? Luck...what happened???

You know the worst part of last week....that was Case Keenum...or ex-QB....somebody our crack front office deemed we didn't need.....and again...he's outplayed Jared. Maybe Fish knew what he was talking about.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We should always want our favorite team to be the best it can be... I'm quite certain that's the way the coaching staff sees it.

But... it's a journey from what was a terrible year (last year) to getting to be the best you can be.

Key word there? Journey.

It doesn't happen overnight... and, until we venture further down the road, it's hard to come to many conclusions.. like how good can the offense get? The QB.. RB... TEs... WRs... line. How good can the defense get?

At this point, all we know is that they have improved vastly over last year. We also know that they have faced numerous teams now, with a variety of talent levels with mixed results.

But the journey has just begun... that's the message I most want to convey with this post. It's early in the journey... if we were going from CA to NY, we're barely in CO.

So, to all those that want to try and draw conclusions about any of our players (or coaches, for that matter), this early in the journey, have at it.

Me? I'm on the bandwagon and will wait until I get closer to my destination (being the best they can be) before drawing my conclusions.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we're gonna see the 2 QB's we debated on that were drafted.....
And one of them is gonna show us which one is best.
Good thing we'll know a QBs future after less than two full seasons. Most of us couldn't care less how Wentz plays though. It only matters to Rams fans how Goff plays because he's our QB. Eagles fans care about how Wentz plays.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We can talk about Keenum better than Goff... one game... muse (comically) whether Fisher had a clue about anything football.

Let's take a look at Y-T-D...
Keenum:
2,194 yards (15th)
197/300 for 65.7% (9th)
12 TDs (12th)
5 INTs
93.7 Rating (13th)

Goff:
2,610 yards (7th)
195/318 for 61.3% (26th)
16 TDs (T9th)
4 INTs
98.9 Rating (8th)

Granted, Keenum is a back-up... but Goff is a rookie.

Journey... Keenum's journey is nearly to an end and this is what he is on a good team.

Goff's journey has just begun... on a team that has also just begun it's journey.

Not going to draw any conclusions here... the numbers are what they are.. the circumstances, between the two player are vastly different.

All things considered, I kinda like where Goff is... and the journey has just begun.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Dude needs to change his name to PhillyChamp, or my personal favorite, AlloverWenztsJock...

The fact that Keenum and Goffs numbers actually had to be posted in this thread, makes me want to punch someone in the fukin throat.

And please don't bother giving me any shit about wanting to win, or knowing greatness when you see it. You're full of shit, says Mr Robinson and Mr Quick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
missing throws??? But in the MVP conversation with Brady.....OK db...Not sure, but I think they also have a top rushing and passing offense....
He's an MVP candidate because 1) they have the best record in football and 2) he is leading the league in TD passes
Yes, he is missing throws, and like I said before, nobody notices or cares because they are blowing teams out and his mistakes are meaningless. But he is still missing throws and if he does that in a tight playoff game, it wont be good.
I like Wentz, I really do. But who has he beaten really? Cupcake schedule. Carolina is best win, and that was partly due to Cam Newton throwing 3 picks

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Due to time constraints I haven't been able to read through every post on every thread since Sunday night. But I did just now read through this entire thread and feel the need to remind every member who commented that we have one basic rule here at ROD: attack the substance of the post a fellow member makes and not the character of the member who made it.

As far as Jared Goff goes, it's a team game where all the parts have to mesh in unison in order to have success. The QB always gets too much credit and too much blame. I'm more concerned about the drops and fumbles, goofy penalties, our inability to stop the run on defense and the injuries to our secondary.

Jared Goff is coming along fine and is in good hands. Be patient.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
He's an MVP candidate because 1) they have the best record in football and 2) he is leading the league in TD passes
Yes, he is missing throws, and like I said before, nobody notices or cares because they are blowing teams out and his mistakes are meaningless. But he is still missing throws and if he does that in a tight playoff game, it wont be good.
I like Wentz, I really do. But who has he beaten really? Cupcake schedule. Carolina is best win, and that was partly due to Cam Newton throwing 3 picks

Wait...Cam Newton threw 3 interceptions??? But but but...I thought he was a truck, or a tractor? Or maybe he's a forklift? All this heavy equipment has me confused, being that I'm a pussy, and all...

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Due to time constraints I haven't been able to read through every post on every thread since Sunday night. But I did just now read through this entire thread and feel the need to remind every member who commented that we have one basic rule here at ROD: attack the substance of the post a fellow member makes and not the character of the member who made it.

I apologize for any comments I made that did not follow the ROD rule @LACHAMP46

Happy Thanksgiving to all at ROD. GO RAMS!

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
We can talk about Keenum better than Goff... one game... muse (comically) whether Fisher had a clue about anything football.

Let's take a look at Y-T-D...
Keenum:
2,194 yards (15th)
197/300 for 65.7% (9th)
12 TDs (12th)
5 INTs
93.7 Rating (13th)

Goff:
2,610 yards (7th)
195/318 for 61.3% (26th)
16 TDs (T9th)
4 INTs
98.9 Rating (8th)

Granted, Keenum is a back-up... but Goff is a rookie.

Journey... Keenum's journey is nearly to an end and this is what he is on a good team.

Goff's journey has just begun... on a team that has also just begun it's journey.

Not going to draw any conclusions here... the numbers are what they are.. the circumstances, between the two player are vastly different.

All things considered, I kinda like where Goff is... and the journey has just begun.
Two things. First, Goff is not a rookie. He is in his second year. Second, Keenum has 1.5 games less than Goff. Not that his stats would increase that much. But Goffs numbers are for 10 games, Keenums for 8.5 games. If you wanted to extrapolate Keenums numbers he would have 2,560 yards 14 TD's and 6 Int.