Goff Displaying Growth, Leadership

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
The running, scrambling QB is such a liability in this league. They show some early excitement but many times are susceptible to injuries. Wilson seems to be an exception to this but Russel's true specialty is game management. He is damn good at that. And part of that is knowing when to run or not.

I don't know if I would consider that Wascally Wussell Wilson to be an exception. I don't really consider Wussell to be a running/scrambling QB per se. He is much more like Aaron "ARod" Rodgers in that he looks to pass first & foremost and only elects to run when it is clearly the best option. The more classical running/scrambling QBs tend to look for opportunities to run, even when it is against the best interests of the team. In fact, I could see Jared evolving into a ARod/Wussell-esque QB over time. As long as he looks to slide before taking an unnecessary big hit, I'm fine with that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As for your recent turn towards talking shit, that I dont know football... go fuck yourself buddy. Im not here to wave my dick around to show people what I know... I'm just here to talk Rams, cause you know, I am a fan, not a wannabe scout or make believe GM. Just a fan.

Seriously? Are you trying to get banned?

…..

Legend
In the matter of dicks being waved around...yeah, please not on the internet. They tend to look bigger on the internet and I would end up feeling inadequate.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How about we ALL stick to the main rule here at ROD: attack the post, not the one who made it. If you tire of interacting with a fellow member, we have an excellent remedy - the Ignore feature. If you don't know how to implement it, ask me or one of the other mods or admins and we will guide you through it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seriously? Are you trying to get banned?

Of course not.

I have defended Champ. To be told I am stupid about football is a pretty big "F U" and im not sure what the rules are on that, but its definitely not in the spirit of ROD or acceptable to me personally.

So, yeah I was offended.
Who wouldnt be?

Was I out of line by saying FU buddy in response to being told I dont know anything about football? Probably so, yes, but lets not be surprised that such trollish behavior might elicit a response like that.

My apologies to all.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
...it's fun to prove WHO KNOWS WHAT THE freak THEY'RE LOOKING AT....and if I'm still around for 5 more years...I hope I can remember most of your names....so I can tell another memberand...don't listen to ...kurt...badnews...ole school...cause they been arguing with me for decades and still don't know crap about football...

This is specifically the post I was replying to... ICYMI.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I stopped reading after I finished page 3.

Did I miss anything?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stopped reading after I finished page 3.

Did I miss anything?
Prediction of the end of the world due to the Taurid Meteor Stream happened around page 5...No worries...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Bankruptcy....has nothing to do with intelligence....rather...many a wise businessman has told me..that to claim bankruptcy is actually business savvy...

Dan can throw the football....

Root against my teams QB? Why? Why would I give a freak if I'm wrong that Goff isn't more than a trailer? A game manager? Mediocre? Andy Dalton-ish???
Prove something?
Proof is in the games....he's played 23 of them....he looks average...
I don't have to prove anything....it's my opinion....you can accept it...or...as has been the case for several days now...maybe months....whenever there is a comment on this kid, several guys come out with...Goff walks on water...he's great...he's this....trash Sammy...trash any guy on the team...trash guys that have left...I try to come in as the voice of reason....then a bunch of yahoo's say QBR aint a stat....so and so played great...so and so dropped the ball...
BS

I got a thing about liars...and bullcrap...

I'm not wishing the worst...I've seen great Rams teams...great Rams QB's (very, very few)....I've seen good Rams QB's....and I've seen decent ones...that need a bunch of help...sorta like the guy we got now...

tough schedule...we shall see...and if crap does work out...great...I'm wrong...no skin off my neck...kid looks like crap...I say I told you so...no skin off your neck...who gives a freak? It's a game...it's fun to debate...it's fun to prove WHO KNOWS WHAT THE freak THEY'RE LOOKING AT....and if I'm still around for 5 more years...I hope I can remember most of your names....so I can tell another memberand...don't listen to ...kurt...badnews...ole school...cause they been arguing with me for decades and still don't know crap about football...and guess what? If I'm wrong...then you can say the same...

The way the team is stacked up...the seasons a success...if we WIN A PLAYOFF GAME AT HOME...not super bowl...not road playoff game...get to the playoffs...win a game...hopefully at home...

If we have a losing record...I didn't "wish" it on us....like chess, I look several moves ahead...and I'd be happy to admit...boy was I wrong about....fill in the blanks....got a bunch now...

And...I got like this just recently....I thought Schotty was a good OC...he probably was...but a guy on the net/web said...Schotty, Cigs...Fisher...didn't know crap...and guess what...he was right...

Oh...I still think Quick can play...I think Britt can play....I bet G-Rob is better than Brown or Havenstein...and could be coached to play better than Whitworth....that's me...

Put up a thread...on a player...that I have a comment on...I'll give it...and no shame in being wrong...defend my point no matter what...until proven...PROVEN...wrong...

Goff is decent...not #1 overall...and please God don't max contract extend a guy on the way he's played...Gurley carries this offense...seems none of you dudes understand that...and Sammy Watkins was our 2nd best player on offense...

So you are telling us you would rather have a QB who has never played a complete season, than a QB that took his team to the playoffs in his 1st full season. I think we can all see where this is going, the injury prone QB is better than the guy that improved his teams record every year in college, and took his team to the NFL playoffs in his 1st full season because LACHAMP46 says so. Nothing to do with any facts just your opinion that the injury prone QB is the best there ever was, or ever will be. You can keep rooting for your injury waiting to happen, and it has happened every season he has started. Those of us that know what it really takes will continue to root for our LA Rams QB that has shown he can take a hit in college and in the pros, unlike that Wentz kid that is always fuckin injured.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
He didn't...generate points....not enough...13 points at home...

think about it...he played worse than Blake Bortles in the playoffs....

oh....I like Blake...he's decent...

and...

he runs for 1st downs too...

reminds me of our guy...

without the running...and winning playoff games

He generated more points than Wentz did in the playoffs, thanks for proving our point. You would rather have a backup playing in the playoffs than the QB that started 15 regular season games and sat week 17 because there was nothing to gain, except maybe an injury. Although I guess if Goff got injured you would probably give him the credit he has earned.

Last edited: