Goff Displaying Growth, Leadership

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1 of 5 players IN NFL HISTORY to have a 100+ rating in his 2nd season!!! Conversation Over

great stat but with the way the game is going pretty soon every capable second year qb will have a 100+ rating in their second season.

unless he's playing for someone like jeff fisher and oc boras.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
great stat but with the way the game is going pretty soon every capable second year qb will have a 100+ rating in their second season.

unless he's playing for someone like jeff fisher and oc boras.

Before Goff and Wentz only 3 others and those three ended up being pretty damn good. Marino, Warner and Wilson. It bodes well for Goff and Wentz.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So you are telling us you would rather have a QB who has never played a complete season, than a QB that took his team to the playoffs in his 1st full season. I think we can all see where this is going, the injury prone QB is better than the guy that improved his teams record every year in college, and took his team to the NFL playoffs in his 1st full season because LACHAMP46 says so.

He generated more points than Wentz did in the playoffs, thanks for proving our point. You would rather have a backup playing in the playoffs than the QB that started 15 regular season games and sat week 17 because there was nothing to gain

Just @LACHAMP46 telling us how an injury prone QB is better than a QB that has finished every season he started.
What does an injury have to do with talent?
Since Aaron Rodgers was injured...guys are better than him?

I don't see Wentz as injury prone...but whatever...

Injuries have nothing to do with talent...injuries happen in the NFL....once a player suffers several injuries...in the NFL...would I consider them injury prone.

Goff did a good job in getting the team to the playoffs....

Wentz got his team to the playoffs too.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
How much proof do YOU need??
I need some...and because a guy isn't on a roster...isn't enough for me....Colin Kaep....and Eric Reid...and Dez Bryant make it so....
However, I have never seen you say "I was wrong" when it came to GRob and Quick.
Because....after watching both on the field...they can...indeed...play the game.
GRob isn't even on a roster that I know of.
See response #1

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They will go out of their way to let great talent go to waste.
Tell that to TO....Marshawn Lynch....and Malcolm Brown.....
I think I finally understand it. The players who Champ likes just needed better coaching and they would be great. Players he doesn't like are only good BECAUSE of coaching. It all makes sense now...
not quite...but we're getting somewhere....
You are aware that the sun does indeed set in the west, right?
You sure?

Ask the QB......

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's actually quite common for young QBs in their first playoff game.
I even predicted it.
It was a little bit of a team choke all the way around.
I wouldn't put that all on Goff.
hmmmmm.....
I thought Blake Bortles looked pretty good in the playoffs...first time...maybe not young enough for you....

I'm interested in seeing what Deshaun Watson does in the playoffs this year...

I'll agree that ST's and offense shit the bed...I thought defense did what they do...all season...19th ranked....against a motivated Atl offense....Julio was looking unstoppable. Sanu was trouble too.....and Matt Ryan was surgical...holding them to 26...under those circumstances.....D did ok.

McVay's offensive calls....IDK....OC calls the plays...QB executes them...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I need some...and because a guy isn't on a roster...isn't enough for me....Colin Kaep....and Eric Reid...and Dez Bryant make it so....

Because....after watching both on the field...they can...indeed...play the game.
See response #1
Haha, come on man. We both know the reasons why those players you listed aren't on rosters. Apples to oranges. Dez will be on a roster as long as he doesn't price himself out. GRob has had how many OL coaches since joining the league? Has to be at least 3, yes? Kromer obviously didn't think he could get him to an acceptable level. Are you more intelligent than Aaron Kromer when it comes to NFL talent? Don't answer that..

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Injuries have nothing to do with talent...injuries happen in the NFL....once a player suffers several injuries...in the NFL...would I consider them injury prone.

I agree with the injury thing. Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB in the league yet seems to always get hurt. But I think Wentz is starting to lean towards injury prone.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
attack the post, not the one who made it.

attack the post, not the one who made it.
I'm kinda getting to like being the "underdog"....that may one day be attacked at a Ram event....que the torch baring crowed following Bart Simpson....
Was I out of line by saying FU buddy in response to being told I dont know anything about football?

This is specifically the post I was replying to... ICYMI.

Agreed that he crossed the line as well.

After all this banter...in 5 years....and Goff looks like shit...I'd tell both of you....for riding my every comment about an average QB....at this moment....that you both don't know shit about football

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So you are telling us you would rather have a QB who has never played a complete season, than a QB that took his team to the playoffs in his 1st full season.
If one is playing at an MVP level...then is injured...compared to a average looking QB....

Yes...I'd rather have the QB that never played a complete season over the average guy that plays every game...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Haha, come on man. We both know the reasons why those players you listed aren't on rosters.
None of the reasons....IMO...have anything to do with talent....those are just a few...
You can't tell me Mannion is on the roster because of talent.
. Are you more intelligent than Aaron Kromer when it comes to NFL talent?
He wanted Allen...the center from MSU correct? I'll let you know in 4 months....:sneaky:

I actually like Noteboom and Demby

Intelligence, btw, has little to do with talent evaluation....experience matters more

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm kinda getting to like being the "underdog"....that may one day be attacked at a Ram event....que the torch baring crowed following Bart Simpson....

After all this banter...in 5 years....and Goff looks like crap...I'd tell both of you....for riding my every comment about an average QB....at this moment....that you both don't know crap about football

Hey bud - are you OK? We're all here for you, so just let us know.:cheers:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Injuries have a lot to do with the quality of a starting QB. If your starting QB cant finish the season, it doesnt matter how well he plays leading up to the injury, think Sam Bradford. Great arm talent, not exactly what I would sign as my starting QB. Goff on the other hand has great arm talent and durability, 2 traits that are musts for a starting QB.

Aaron Rodgers has finished more seasons on the field than he has on IR. Some injuries just happen. I would not say AR is injury prone. Wentz on the other hand has never played a full season in college or the NFL, that is the very definition of injury prone.

I never said Wentz wasnt a good QB, just that he is not the QB I would sign if I were a GM. I prefer a QB that can make all the throws and take a hit. By the time a QB makes it through college and on an NFL roster they have played enough football to develop their leadership, especially a QB that started as a true freshman in college. And guys dont make it to NFL level QB without having the work ethic, film study habits and desire to be the best they can be.