Goff Displaying Growth, Leadership

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If one is playing at an MVP level...then is injured...compared to a average looking QB....

Yes...I'd rather have the QB that never played a complete season over the average guy that plays every game...

It seems you are the only person that believes Goff is just average. Time will tell who is the better QB, between Goff and Wentz. Goff has already played a full NFL season and is still younger than Wentz was when he was injured in his first NFL season. Youth, experience and durability, I'm not seeing where Wentz has any advantage over Goff, except maybe his backup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Time will tell who is the better QB, between Goff and Wentz.
Well, see, the great thing here is ... it doesn't matter who's better.
If their QB does great things for them, and ours does great things for us ...
Then gravy, baby.

You can't compare two good QBs, laterally, anyway, unless you can make them play with all the same coaches, with the same roster, and against the same competition. Especially since they both have different skillsets that their respective coaches form their rosters and game plans *around*. In short, this whole Goff vs Wentz thing is a futile endeavor that will yield very little (if anything) in the way of a consensus.

Shorter version: Who TF cares about Wentz. We have our own QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey bud - are you OK? We're all here for you, so just let us know.:cheers:
No he’s not and I’m not. I’m done with this shit. No one posts good enough thoughts for this shit to continue.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

too bad i don't read what champ says in threads like this to know why it looks like he was forced to take a holiday? judging by 503's post.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey bud - are you OK? We're all here for you, so just let us know.
Just feeling a lil persecuted....

And guys dont make it to NFL level QB without having the work ethic, film study habits and desire to be the best they can be.
Naw...plenty of guys "make it to the level"....success is another story...see Johnny Football....and Jamarcus Russell....oh yeah, my personal fav....Ryan Leaf

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
too bad i don't read what champ says in threads like this to know why it looks like he was forced to take a holiday? judging by 503's post.
503 and his cronies are here to stifle the exchange of information...and strangle debates....

He should be like you...if he doesn't like opines like mine....ignore is your friend.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It seems you are the only person that believes Goff is just average.
Not sure.....only, never, always....are usually a bad way to put anything....

I doubt I'm the only anything....but there are countless ways to measure average....

It has been said in here that Blake Bortles is terrible....he's not...he's average...IMO of course...but to see him in the 2 playoff games was a revelation of sorts....I always thought the kid had talent...

I don't know how to rate what others have said...I/you/anyone can just infer....from the recent news...that some expect his coming season to prove something....something about not trusting one hit wonders in the pros...there have been several....
Me....I just see an average QB...not in terms of talent...but in game performances. I like guys that make plays to help teams win...whether behind....poor protection....poor conditions...those are great players....I'll always remember John Elway....never on my greatest QB's of all time list (top 10 easily), but a phenomenal player....clutch gene...refuse to lose...that's a great QB...Not Alex Smith...it's more than stats..it's 2 min drill..it's 4th quarter...it's 3rd down...it's redzone….great players make great plays at clutch times.
I'm not seeing where Wentz has any advantage over Goff, except maybe his backup.
See above....

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I doubt I'm the only anything....but there are countless ways to measure average....

It has been said in here that Blake Bortles is terrible....he's not...he's average...IMO of course...but to see him in the 2 playoff games was a revelation of sorts....I always thought the kid had talent...

I don't know how to rate what others have said...I/you/anyone can just infer....from the recent news...that some expect his coming season to prove something....something about not trusting one hit wonders in the pros...there have been several....
Me....I just see an average QB...not in terms of talent...but in game performances. I like guys that make plays to help teams win...whether behind....poor protection....poor conditions...those are great players....I'll always remember John Elway....never on my greatest QB's of all time list (top 10 easily), but a phenomenal player....clutch gene...refuse to lose...that's a great QB...Not Alex Smith...it's more than stats..it's 2 min drill..it's 4th quarter...it's 3rd down...it's redzone….great players make great plays at clutch times.
See above....

Welcome back @LACHAMP46. I will let Goffs play speak for him, not worth arguing over.

As long as he proves me right.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
And a ginger, that's two strikes.

...and from Oregon...

123 out.gif

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

See above....
I think Champ brings up a good point about Bottles in regards to the qb rating system. Can you be a great qb without being a HOFer? Outside of the future HOFers (Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Roethlisberger), are the next tier QBs considered great or just above avg? Such as Ryan/Wilson/Stafford/Rivers/Goff/Luck/Newton/Wentz.

Steven Jackson was a great rb, but he's not going to be in the HOF. Is it okay to have a great qb, but not elite? We may be too critical of qbs, but then again, the most recent Superbowls have been dominated by future HOFers. Wilson, Foles, and Flacco were the only non HOF qbs to do it, unless you don't think Eli will make the HOF.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
503 and his cronies are here to stifle the exchange of information...and strangle debates....

He should be like you...if he doesn't like opines like mine....ignore is your friend.
As moderators, we never ignore anyone. But way to make your way back in. :rolleyes:

We strangle trolling and statements like, “you don’t know shit about football”. But keep up the martyr act - I’m sure that will work out well here.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As moderators, we never ignore anyone. But way to make your way back in. :rolleyes:

We strangle trolling and statements like, “you don’t know crap about football”. But keep up the martyr act - I’m sure that will work out well here.
Keep up the good work. The mods here are the best of any forum I have ever visited. That's not just me trying to earn brownie points either (as far as you know)

:grouphug:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Wentz on the other hand has never played a full season in college or the NFL,

Wow didn't realize that. Do you think Wentz will be more one-dimensional this year and easier to defend? Seems to me his RB qualities might be severely throttled now, if not by himself, by coaching and play design.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wow didn't realize that. Do you think Wentz will be more one-dimensional this year and easier to defend? Seems to me his RB qualities might be severely throttled now, if not by himself, by coaching and play design.

He should. I think the last thing the Eagles want is Wentz putting himself in harms way. When he runs, I bet they instruct him to get into a slide sooner than later.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Keep up the good work. The mods here are the best of any forum I have ever visited. That's not just me trying to earn brownie points either (as far as you know)

:grouphug:

This board has mods? Lol.

Just kidding, of course.

But seriously? The surest sign of a well run board is when mods are not only not heavy handed, but are scarcely noticed in their disciplinary capacity.

This is such a board.

Tano

Legend
He should. I think the last thing the Eagles want is Wentz putting himself in harms way. When he runs, I bet they instruct him to get into a slide sooner than later.
They tried to tell RGIII to do that as well.

Sometimes the game speed an situation makes your decision making on such things go out the window.

"A few more yards - I know I can get a few more yards" ... crunch

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
They tried to tell RGIII to do that as well.

Sometimes the game speed an situation makes your decision making on such things go out the window.

"A few more yards - I know I can get a few more yards" ... crunch
I wondered last year why the Eagles coaches didn't stop Wentz' risky physical plays. It turns out, from their comments after the season, that they tried to without much success. We'll see if Wentz changes his approach now. If he doesn't I wouldn't bet very much on him being around for the playoffs.