Gerald Everett Tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Everett was traded what could the Rams get? 4th round draft pick? 5th round draft pick? I don’t think either are worth trading him vs letting him ball out on a contract year.

This is where my head is at.

Only trade that would make sense to me... is for another player in similar position with another team, but at a position we felt needed something.

You can roll unused cap space this yr into next yr and now they are talking about the cap number could be $30-40M lower next yr due to Covid.

So every dollar saved will be important if you want to keep Kupp & Ramsey.

True, and all teams (unless sitting with cap reserves now) are going to be scrambling similarly to juggle their pending FA’s.

The market could get really weird. Point being, Kupp and Ramsey going to be interesting.

I wonder if we could see more short term deals this offseason, as teams juggle near term space... but if the cap is flat or lowering players want to wait for more market money to fatten-up longer deals? Dunno.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless his roster spot will be replaced and thus he does only save his salary minus a rookie min guy.
The rookie salary is already calculated in the current cap

I think many are over valuing him in the market. He's oft injured and on the last year of his rookie deal. At least if a team trades for him they gain the ability to recoup a comp pick if they dont re-sign him. But either way, I dont see where he brings back a player of any value, or anything more than a 4th-5th round pick

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The best I could hope for 2020 on Gerald Everett is for him to be a sensation this season & head this less than stellar 2019 Ram offense. I shared my thoughts on GE Jul 3, 2020.

Bottom line for me here is where I see GE as true multi positional highly talented offensive player who can perform @ SL/ TE/ HB/ FB/ WR & even RB. I also have been highly disappointed in the way HC McVay has decided to utilize him over the last 3 seasons.

Rams would be very smart to make GE a major part of their offense & then harvest the benefits from his 2021 UFA status & the large contracts being thrown @ him from fat salary cap teams so the Rams Org can add to their 2022 draft with a high 3rd or 4th round Compensation Draft Pick Awards's.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Count me in the group that only sees an Everett departure via a player-for-player trade for this season.

He just won’t bring much in a trade for a ‘21 pick, frankly. Just so unlikely to happen. He’s much more valuable as a player for the Rams this season, IMO.

Hell, he might yet have a breakout season and earn an extension OR fetch a future comp pick. The smart play seems to keep him for ‘20 UNLESS Snead can pull off a win-win player for player trade at a position that Snead/McVay see as a ‘20 need.

My best guesstimate is that Everett is 75% likely to play for the Rams this season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I think many are over valuing him in the market. He's oft injured and on the last year of his rookie deal. At least if a team trades for him they gain the ability to recoup a comp pick if they dont re-sign him. But either way, I dont see where he brings back a player of any value, or anything more than a 4th-5th round pick

He'll definitely get us no more than a day 3 pick. And I'd be skeptical about a 4th rounder. Teams can control their picks for 4 years. I doubt a team would give up anything more than a 5th for a guy one year rental. A guy who has yet to prove himself to be anything more than a JAG.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bottom line for me here is where I see GE as true multi positional highly talented offensive player who can perform @ SL/ TE/ HB/ FB/ WR & even RB.

Yeah he seems very much a hybrid guy to me. There is a lot of WR in his game as a TE.

I can’t think of the last player I liked, as much as Everett, “that hasn’t done much” yet.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
How about trading Everett to Cleveland for David Njoku. Rams would lose 500,000 in cap space witch is doable. Njoku has asked to be traded too. Traded for Corbett last year, have a history.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You’re talking in circles.
His salary currently counts against the cap. So do the salary of Higbee, Mundt and Blanton.
they release/trade Everett and carry 3 TE with Blanton on PS. Net savings, no addition. Swapping Perkins for Blanton Would actually save a couple additional $$

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is one of my favorite conspiracy theories ever. On one of their albums they have what looks like an autopsy of Paul. Really creepy stuff. Anyone ever ask the current Paul about it?

Yeah, he denied being dead but they didn't believe him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

53 man roster w/ Everett.

You trade him. That removes his $1.3M from the cap. However, now his roster spot must be filled to get back to 53. So you are subtracting the replacement player's salary from Everett's cap savings.

This isn't hard.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Over valued in trade market, under valued as a player. No reason to jettison this guy at this point IMO.

As of right now the proven offensive weapon big play guys are Kupp & Woods. That's it. Also Higbee if last season truly was a breakout and not a fluke. Everett is a playmaker. If Everett crowds the cap keeping a guy like Ramsey from getting resigned then yeah, fine make a move...but i wouldn't just because "more cap room."

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
How many TE did they carry last year?
Doesn't matter, they still have to replace his open roster spot, whether its a TE or an OL, unless they are not carrying a full roster .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Everett puts the sleepy zzzzs up under his tweet.

It doesn't seem like her do that for a cut of trade. Seems like that topic wouldn't put in to sleep.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't matter, they still have to replace his open roster spot, whether its a TE or an OL, unless they are not carrying a full roster .
It’s not an open roster spot. They have 3 TE in their salary cap calculation.
If Everett goes, they still have 3 TE and save 1.3 mill

Ram65

Legend
This crazy waiting to see what Everett was tweeting about.

Obvious trade positions are ILBer and offensive line. Maybe a backup QB.

A TE needy team might go as high as a high 4th rounder. Everett is from Atlanta maybe the Falcons think they could resign him for a good price.