Gerald Everett Tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hopefully a trade. He has the physical ability. Once it clicks for him, he could be dangerous.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I suppose an Everett trade is conceivable, although I’m not expecting it.

I think one of two scenarios will occur for Everett this year.

1. If he has a tremendous year, I think that they will find a way to keep him. But it’s gotta be a tremendous year, not like his first 3 years.

2. If he has another so-so year then he’s a goner for sure. Hopkins looks like the future #2 TE at this point.

My best guess is that Everett will be playing elsewhere in ‘21. The light should have come on for him by now.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Cutting him makes zero sense we don't save enough.

Trade him sure for an asset we need - OL, ILB or BU QB.

Like a poster said we don't know what his pov was with the tweet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cutting him makes zero sense we don't save enough.

Trade him sure for an asset we need - OL, ILB or BU QB.

Like a poster said we don't know what his pov was with the tweet.
I do think Mundt outplayed him by quite a bit last season. So would not be a surprise for me other than why move the guy unless he's crying about playing time behind the scenes.

Like with Gurley if they move him it means they want him out of the locker room. Read between the lines from there IMO.

Ram65

Legend
"Paul is dead" is an urban legend and conspiracy theory alleging that Paul McCartney, of the English rock band the Beatles, died on 9 November 1966 and was secretly replaced by a look-alike. The rumour began circulating around 1967, but grew in popularity after being reported on American college campuses in late 1969. Wikipedia

I don't see trading Everett unless it for a good pick or a good offensive lineman. Maybe for an expected early third-rounder pick. I think Rams are in a good position to get the most out of him this year. If he succeeds then the Rams get a nice comp pick. He is going to be motivated.

Dick84

Why would the Rams release a TE who was 22nd in NFL in yards last year, despite injury? When he's on a cheap rookie contract?
I don't understand why that would happen.
Trade? Maybe? With Hopkins and Mundt in the fold.
But I don't really see that, unless it comes during the season and they're comfortable that Hopkins can contribute, which is rare, for a rookie TE.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1. If he has a tremendous year, I think that they will find a way to keep him. But it’s gotta be a tremendous year, not like his first 3 years.
Not gonna happen. If he beasts out then the Rams will probably try to tag & trade him somehow but his time with the Rams was basically terminated when the Rams paid Higbee.

All the contracts coming due means Everett is on his way out. The writing is on the wall. Can't keep everyone man.

Dick84

Not gonna happen. If he beasts out then the Rams will probably try to tag & trade him somehow but his time with the Rams was basically terminated when the Rams paid Higbee.

All the contracts coming due means Everett is on his way out. The writing is on the wall. Can't keep everyone man.

Yeah... I hope he has a great season so they can get a comp pick when he signs somewhere else in FA. The Hopkins pick was foreshadowing this. But.. you just can't count on much from Rookie TEs. Maybe they feel like Mundt gives them enough as a 2nd TE while Hopkins develops?
We'll see.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I don't think it's about a trade but if it is I don't like the idea of losing him at the moment if we are about to start using more 12 personnel. If Higbee goes down then Mundt is up and then Hopkins with no NFL experience. Blanton hasn't proven anything either so if we're going to run more 12 then we need the depth and experience at TE jmo.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah... I hope he has a great season so they can get a comp pick when he signs somewhere else in FA. The Hopkins pick was foreshadowing this. But.. you just can't count on much from Rookie TEs. Maybe they feel like Mundt gives them enough as a 2nd TE while Hopkins develops?
We'll see.

Welp I'm outta here. You know why.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
"Paul is dead" is an urban legend and conspiracy theory alleging that Paul McCartney, of the English rock band the Beatles, died on 9 November 1966 and was secretly replaced by a look-alike. The rumour began circulating around 1967, but grew in popularity after being reported on American college campuses in late 1969. Wikipedia
This is one of my favorite conspiracy theories ever. On one of their albums they have what looks like an autopsy of Paul. Really creepy stuff. Anyone ever ask the current Paul about it?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If cutting/trading Everett opens up enough cap space to lock down Ramsey, or to extend Kupp, its a no brainer