Gerald Everett Tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It’s not an open roster spot. They have 3 TE in their salary cap calculation.
If Everett goes, they still have 3 TE and save 1.3 mill
No.... Not in terms of real cap space.

They save in terms of cap spent on the TE room, but his roster spot will be filled by a rookie. Whether its a rookie OL or LB or whatever.

So if a rookie gets $600K, that is essentially subtracted from any cap savings Everett gets you.

Unless they do not intend on filling his roster spot and go with one less player.

This really should not be difficult to understand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No.... Not in terms of real cap space.

They save in terms of cap spent on the TE room, but his roster spot will be filled by a rookie. Whether its a rookie OL or LB or whatever.

So if a rookie gets $600K, that is essentially subtracted from any cap savings Everett gets you.

Unless they do not intend on filling his roster spot and go with one less player.

This really should not be difficult to understand.
Dont need to get salty, it's a net savings
The Rams 2020 cap calculation already includes Higbee, Everett, Mundt and Blanton
Hopkins rookie salary has not yet been applied and when he replaces Blanton (or Mundt), it will actually save an additional couple $$
That leaves 4 TE on the roster
Remove Everett, and there is no replacement needed
They carried 3 last year
So yeah, they can use that savings to be applied elsewhere, which is the point of saving cap room
It really isnt difficult to understand

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
What a jerk, now we are ALL having to wait on whatever it is that HE'S waiting on, sheesh

This thread seems like sheer desperation to me when we are sent into a frenzy of speculation by an obscure tweet from one of our four tight ends. Who has shown talent but, unlike Higbee, no breakout, and is a probable cut cap in the not very distant or maybe immediate future or will be a free agent signing with someone else.

Ok, we're desperate.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Dont need to get salty, it's a net savings
The Rams 2020 cap calculation already includes Higbee, Everett, Mundt and Blanton
Hopkins rookie salary has not yet been applied and when he replaces Blanton (or Mundt), it will actually save an additional couple $$
That leaves 4 TE on the roster
Remove Everett, and there is no replacement needed
They carried 3 last year
So yeah, they can use that savings to be applied elsewhere, which is the point of saving cap room
It really isnt difficult to understand
My point is the overall cap savings for this yr and or to rollover to next year, is really only about half his salary because his roster spot still must be filled.

Sure you can spend that money on another position, but that doesn't help much when it comes to cap room for Kupp & Ramsey.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Do y'all ever wonder if sometimes these guys put out cryptic tweets just to mess with people?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do y'all ever wonder if sometimes these guys put out cryptic tweets just to mess with people?
Or need attention?
One thing is for sure, he's certainly not overly concerned about addressing his fans on there who are concerned about his Rams future. And there is a very conspicuous absence of other Rams players jumping in there.
Like remember when Cooks tweeted "Free me" and everyone thought he wanted out? Kupp jumped in to clarify...

View: https://twitter.com/CooperKupp/status/1243671374280843264?s=20

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

0A351590-817C-4927-AFE8-6A485F801B3C.png

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry guys seems I jumped the gun on an Everett trade. Still, he removed the Rams from his bio so who knows.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sorry guys seems I jumped the gun on an Everett trade. Still, he removed the Rams from his bio so who knows.

Honestly, I'd love a Gerald Everett/Trysten Hill (Cowboys DT) trade. Huge fan of him out of Central Florida, and he'd be a pass-rushing upgrade over Fox.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wouldn't be so fast to concede on that. I don't think it's likely or anything but there's still time. If for example Hopkins comes in hot (and if they plan to prioritize blocking opposite Higs in 12 sets which is possible) they might elect to kick Gerald's ass to the curb.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Could just be that maybe there were some very preliminary talks or maybe he hoped there could be talks on an extension and nothing materialized.

Thus he realizes this is his last yr here.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are only two ways to deal with a contract year;

1. Sulk and devalue yourself and/or fail to maximize this opportunity. Blame something. Watch your career fade away.

2. Go out and show why you are the #1 guy here. All works out here, or elsewhere. Become a career NFL player.

Winners always choose door #2.

Who knows what those tweets mean, tho.