Gerald Everett Tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
If cutting/trading Everett opens up enough cap space to lock down Ramsey, or to extend Kupp, its a no brainer
If memory serves me correct, Everett’s contract is done after this year, and if and when Ramsey and Kupp get their contracts extended it the extra cost won’t go into affect until 2021. So Everett‘s being traded or getting cut would have zero impact on Ramsey and Kupp. Which is why the Rams drafted a TE to take Everett’s spot next year if not sooner.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never thought he was being cut. I figured they were trading him. Now he has removed LA Rams from his bio. Pretty telling imo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If memory serves me correct, Everett’s contract is done after this year, and if and when Ramsey and Kupp get their contracts extended it the extra cost won’t go into affect until 2021. So Everett‘s being traded or getting cut would have zero impact on Ramsey and Kupp. Which is why the Rams drafted a TE to take Everett’s spot next year if not sooner.
My only point is that cutting or trading him would save 1.3 of cap space, that would make sense if it was being immediately used on another player.

Dick84

If he's not there, I hope it would be a trade for a decent player in a similar overall situation. Young, talented and on a rookie contract.

dang

Legend
If Everett was traded what could the Rams get? 4th round draft pick? 5th round draft pick? I don’t think either are worth trading him vs letting him ball out on a contract year.

oldnotdead

Legend
Like I've posted previously, IMO the drafting of Hopkins shows the FO acceptance that they won't or can't keep Everett. This is a contract year for him and it would make sense to trade him while they can. His cap value will be such next year that they won't be able to afford him. This goes all the way back to when they extended Higbee and not Everett.

Troy Hill is IMO another piece of trade bait, especially as his $4.4M cap hit is too high for a backup CB. Both Hill and Everett have good trade values as both can be starters elsewhere. Hill is really a zone coverage CB and not a good fit for this defensive scheme. Everett will be gone next year and the FO knows it.

They should trade Hill to Miami for Rosen and a 3rd round pick. That would solve their backup QB problem with a QB who is a very good fit for this offense. With the COVID restrictions looming a backup QB has become an issue. If they trade Everett its probably for an ILB or a second-round draft pick.

Dick84

Like I've posted previously, IMO the drafting of Hopkins shows the FO acceptance that they won't or can't keep Everett. This is a contract year for him and it would make sense to trade him while they can. His cap value will be such next year that they won't be able to afford him. This goes all the way back to when they extended Higbee and not Everett.

Troy Hill is IMO another piece of trade bait, especially as his $4.4M cap hit is too high for a backup CB. Both Hill and Everett have good trade values as both can be starters elsewhere. Hill is really a zone coverage CB and not a good fit for this defensive scheme. Everett will be gone next year and the FO knows it.

They should trade Hill to Miami for Rosen and a 3rd round pick. That would solve their backup QB problem with a QB who is a very good fit for this offense. With the COVID restrictions looming a backup QB has become an issue. If they trade Everett its probably for an ILB or a second-round draft pick.

Troy Hill is a good starter at a critical position.
He's better in zone than in man, but no team goes man-to-man only.. they mix up coverages.
I LOVE Darious Williams.. and I still wouldn't trade Hill because you need more than two or three, imo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He already is replaced, Mundt and Hopkins are already on the roster and count towards the cap. He is a straight deduction

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You can roll unused cap space this yr into next yr and now they are talking about the cap number could be $30-40M lower next yr due to Covid.

So every dollar saved will be important if you want to keep Kupp & Ramsey.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He already is replaced, Mundt and Hopkins are already on the roster and count towards the cap. He is a straight deduction
Regardless his roster spot will be replaced and thus he does only save his salary minus a rookie min guy.

However if they trade I think the driving factor would be adding some cap room and more importantly adding a draft pick for next yr because they only have 6 picks as of now.

If FA is going to be limited, while not being able to keep many of your own players, the draft will be huge. So they need more quality picks.

Maybe you can get a 3rd and a conditional pick if he has a big yr.