Faileb for Caleb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wasn't really posting about tanking for (only for) Caleb, just wondering whether Snead was strategically structuring a team that would lose enough games to get a high pick in a talented QB class.

I figure we will draft somewhere between 5th-10th. Probably a good QB in that range. Was it by design?

The only sure-fire win I see remaining in our schedule is our New Years Eve game against the Giants, ... even Arizona, Washington & New Orleans won't be pushovers.

Turducken

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McVay is unable to develop QBs no point…
Cousins said he owes his entire career to McVay. Goff was considered a bust (by many) before McVay arrived. I've got concerns about McVay, but developing QB's isn't one of them.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Cousins said he owes his entire career to McVay. Goff was considered a bust (by many) before McVay arrived. I've got concerns about McVay, but developing QB's isn't one of them.
Considering how both qbs got better after mcvay I don't see how you could say that.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Proof thus far isnt in the pudding and McVay was only a OC for washington not a QB coach….

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Caleb Williams has bust written all over him. Drake Maye on the other hand...
Yea I would take either but Maye is the one for me. Williams doesn't have the arm talent to not be technically sound plus I don't trust a Lincoln Riley qb.

swmizzou83

Starter
I wasn't really posting about tanking for (only for) Caleb, just wondering whether Snead was strategically structuring a team that would lose enough games to get a high pick in a talented QB class.

I figure we will draft somewhere between 5th-10th. Probably a good QB in that range. Was it by design?
It's the perfect opportunity for it. If you could build a strong team in the draft next year, it sets the QB for the future pretty well. A strong team around him and having a QB like Stafford there to mentor him.

Turducken

Starter
Considering how both qbs got better after mcvay I don't see how you could say that.
I didn't say that. *Cousins* said it about McVay when he signed his big contract in Free Agency. And we all watched Goff improve from a zero-win rookie to two straight division titles (and pro bowl appearances, SB, etc.).

McVay didn't think that Goff could close the gap within our SB window (AD's prime). He was right about that, but he also thought Goff would find long term success after the trade.

McVay was wrong to think they could keep the SB window open last season (no one wanted to admit it was closing).

Ellard80

Legend
how exactly did jared goff get better AFTER Mcvay...

His two best statistical seasons were under Mcvay . 101 and 100 ratings

3 playoff appearances - including a Super Bowl.... 2 pro bowls

Detroit - no playoff appearances and 1 pro bowl.

Turducken

Starter

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
how exactly did jared goff get better AFTER Mcvay...

His two best statistical seasons were under Mcvay . 101 and 100 ratings

3 playoff appearances - including a Super Bowl.... 2 pro bowls

Detroit - no playoff appearances and 1 pro bowl.
Oh idk going 29/7 leading his 3rd top 5 offense with a bunch of nobodies and carrying a sorry ass detroit team to a winning record with a bottom 2 defense. Also is top 5 in most passes without a pick and has full control of a offense that's centered around him. He's a much better qb then he was here and that's not even debatable. He's also on his way to leading his 4th top 5 offense and he's doing it without a generational talent like Gurley on his team. Ditto to cousins in minny.

Ellard80

Legend
Oh idk going 29/7 leading his 3rd top 5 offense with a bunch of nobodies and carrying a sorry ass detroit team to a winning record with a bottom 2 defense. Also is top 5 in most passes without a pick and has full control of a offense that's centered around him. He's a much better qb then he was here and that's not even debatable. He's also on his way to leading his 4th top 5 offense and he's doing it without a generational talent like Gurley on his team. Ditto to cousins in minny.
oh its certainly "debatable"

The numbers and results on the field don't fully support your thesis.

Actually go back and watch tape of him here - i was watching the Cowboys playoff game other day.

He had total control of the offense. he was calling audibles like a mofo

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
oh its certainly "debatable"

The numbers and results on the field don't support your thesis.
You obviously haven't watch him play and are just going off stats and not being objective at all. Its not Goffs fault the lions are a trash organization and he had to deal with not only a worse defense but less talent then Stafford did. By your logic mahomes hasn't improved since his mvp year in 2018. We all know that isn't true.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Goff's two best seasons were with McVay. His passer rating in Detroit is 95. Under McVay was 94. I would say Goff is about the same under both coaches.

Both Cousins and McVay were much younger in Washington. And McVay wasn't the head coach there. They both got better as they gained more experience somewhere else. That comparison is not a fair one in my opinion.

Things have been going pretty bad the last couple seasons. But people calling for a coaching change sounds like knee jerk reaction. We knew this could be a rough year.

We just got ourselves excited after a better than expected start. So the disappointment hits harder when we finally realize what the season is going to be.

If anyone wants a coaching change they're likely to be disappointed. Stan Kroenke doesn't have a history of knee jerk reaction to losses. In fact, he has a history of sticking to coaches perhaps longer than he should.

McVay stayed with the team knowing what kind of roster he would have to work with. I'm thinking he doesn't plan to retire soon. I think he wants to see this rebuild through. It could take 2 or 3 more years to build a championship caliber roster.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I believe if anyone can figure it out, it’s McVay. But I simply don’t believe it’ll be this year.

The reality is - we need to have a killer draft this year. In no particular order, we need to solidify our LT position, massively upgrade our backup QB position, and get some key pieces on defense (DB, edge come to mind).

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
"If anyone wants a coaching change they're likely to be disappointed. Stan Kroenke doesn't have a history of knee jerk reaction to losses. In fact, he has a history of sticking to coaches perhaps longer than he should."

I believe that McVay IS (stealth) tanking, and that he has Kroenke's tacit approval.

This is based on nothing more than me wanting it to be so...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You obviously haven't watch him play and are just going off stats and not being objective at all. Its not Goffs fault the lions are a trash organization and he had to deal with not only a worse defense but less talent then Stafford did. By your logic mahomes hasn't improved since his mvp year in 2018. We all know that isn't true.
For the record, Goff has won as many playoff games (as a Lion) as Stafford did