Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I am grateful for the presence of and the promising pre-season play of the UDFA Speights, boy has he been impressive.
I think it is likely serendipitous and nothing more than EJ & the Rams F.O making this public at the same time that Speights has emerged. The Rams F.O under McSnead has nearly always been ahead of this. I think there is gamesmanship as is usually part of it, The ILB group has been getting devalued and there could be a concerted effort among the high-profile players (agents) to reset the position's value.
Salary Cap increases affect values that are continually being negotiated, see the WR's.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So that's why they've been holding Reeder out of the preseason games. They've been cognizant of the potential that this could happen the whole time.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
btw... I don't think that the plan is for Reeder, Rozeboom or Hummel to be the primary ILB... I believe their being open to moving Jones is 100% because of Speights. Did you guys hear McVay talk about him the other day? The guy is the real deal, imo.
That's a big ass leap of faith. I'd be super nervous about that. Guess we'll just have to roll with whatever they decide and drink to it to celebrate or cope lol

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's a big ass leap of faith. I'd be super nervous about that. Guess we'll just have to roll with whatever they decide and drink to it to celebrate or cope lol
It would be a big leap of faith, if that's the direction they go in.
But.. McVay's specific wording about him (Speights) being mature make me think it's a possibility.

Memphis Ram

Legend
btw... I don't think that the plan is for Reeder, Rozeboom or Hummel to be the primary ILB... I believe their being open to moving Jones is 100% because of Speights. Did you guys hear McVay talk about him the other day? The guy is the real deal, imo.
Maybe. But if Jones is moved, I'd look for the team to bring in someone like Zach Cunningham just in case Speights wasn't ready.

Then again the Vikings started an UDFA last year in Ivan Pace Jr. and he looked pretty good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It does indeed suck. Why now, Ernie? Go away and get your bag, while we just go ahead and get another Super Bowl. Buh bye.

Ram65

Legend
I skipped a few pages.

I think Jones is overrated. He doesn't have the speed/quickness of a top-level LBer.

Hard to keep up with salaries as they move higher and higher.

He will play hard this year so it's all good. I don't see a trade but, you never know.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Queen got a big deal, just happened to be the Steelers and not the Ravens who ponied up, and they received nothing in return. Jones has some trade value, not sure what exactly but something is better than nothing.
What is more valuable? Him playing out the season or trading him for a low round next year?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Still blows my mind.

He's a Top 6 ILB, young, I get the injury concerns. But he's a Leader, a fan favorite and a phenomenal blister and run defender.

Snead will settle for a 6th.

Hate this. Love Speights and like Hummel but Roseboom is a bum and Reeder has been trash since he entered the league.

EJ and Speights would've been electric and dominant. Now, it's potentially another unnecessary weakness on the team with a small window with Stafford at QB.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know that you can assume Les Snead will make one of those 6th or 7th round trades in this case. That seems to be for players they would have just cut if a trade didn't happen - Akers, Jefferson, etc., or a money dump (Allen Robinson, Ramsey - a 3rd, but definitely took less to move him than his value to the team).

They have never really had a top-value starting player that they wanted/felt they had to trade, that wasn't a salary dump (in the Les Snead era). I hope that will lead to a better return. Or, even better, this leads Jones to seeing the market and taking the deal the Rams are offering.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am looking at GBN. They traded their 3rd for Judon last week. We have their 6th for the Jefferson trade last yr ( they get back a 7th). They forfeited their 5th for the Cousins tampering punishment.

Yeah two of the sites I looked at hadn't updated the Judon trade but had them with a 6th even listing the Jefferson trade. It's all good these things aren't always up to date. Either way they have picks to trade especially if they think Jones is that piece they need. And they definitely have cap next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After this and AJ’s suspension, I think I’ll stop crowing about Rams culture for a while.
LOL ok. A contract dispute that happens in every team every year. And something with AJ that we don't know about off the field.

LOURam85

Rookie
Feel like he's worth...

Is that like what all the kids are saying today, "my truth"

I thought there was only fact or fiction...

Jones is a good football player but he's not great, he also has a chronic knee issue that has to be maintained and monitored.

Those are facts that he can't escape, and that's what the rams organization are going to go off of.
So he wants a trade if somebody pays him what he wants then ‍♂️♂️♂️nexxxxxt

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Still blows my mind.

He's a Top 6 ILB, young, I get the injury concerns. But he's a Leader, a fan favorite and a phenomenal blister and run defender.

Snead will settle for a 6th.

Hate this. Love Speights and like Hummel but Roseboom is a bum and Reeder has been trash since he entered the league.

EJ and Speights would've been electric and dominant. Now, it's potentially another unnecessary weakness on the team with a small window with Stafford at QB.
I love EJ.. he’s not a top 6 ILB.

He’s got real limitations in coverage.. but is nice between the tackles and is an excellent blitzer.