Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
They were likely hoping he’d play this year, then let him leave in free agency.

I was too. He’s good but not elite

Yeah, it’s likely agent driven, thinking they have the Rams by the balls, since this team is a contender.

Snead gets what he can get. There is always circumstances involved, like with Ramsey, they could have gotten more. But, they agreed to trade him to a team he wanted.
Trust me, I understand how the trades Snead made went down but doesn't mean I can't like the return he gets. Just once, I'd love to fleece a team, but we'll probably get multiple 6th rd picks since he loves them shits :laugh1::laugh2:

muggmeister

Rookie
Yeah, didn't the Ravens let Queen walk last yr? It's just one of those positions, like RB, that don't get big 2nd deals, especially from contending teams that have better rosters and better players who they are trying to keep.
Queen got a big deal, just happened to be the Steelers and not the Ravens who ponied up, and they received nothing in return. Jones has some trade value, not sure what exactly but something is better than nothing.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
It’s a business u can’t be mad he wants to be payed like he feels he’s worth

Feel like he's worth...

Is that like what all the kids are saying today, "my truth"

I thought there was only fact or fiction...

Jones is a good football player but he's not great, he also has a chronic knee issue that has to be maintained and monitored.

Those are facts that he can't escape, and that's what the rams organization are going to go off of.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Starting Hummel is a joke. He's a backup. I do understand the Rams allowing Jones to seek a trade so that the market sets itself for him m. My guess is his agent is asking for a huge amount of money the Rams aren't comfortable committing to. Crazy timing for this to play out.
IMO, Hummel is not a joke, however, I believe that Jones and his agent like the Rams fear not having the contract because of the knee. IMHO, there might not be any takers and then Jones will have no alternative to play in his final year.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'm probably in the minority, but while Jones is said to be a great leader, it wouldn't shock me if he were dealt and the Rams defense didn't miss a beat.

Do the Falcons have any cap space or draft choices left?
I have always liked Jones but have never seen him as irreplaceable, especially now that his knee issues have become concerning (chronic?). This team was probably going to have to play without him in intervals anyway.

I was not going to be surprised if he wasn’t re-signed for one reason or another.

Having said all that, with the current roster, the Rams will be better with him than without.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
IMO, Hummel is not a joke, however, I believe that Jones and his agent like the Rams fear not having the contract because of the knee. IMHO, there might not be any takers and then Jones will have no alternative to play in his final year.
We'll agree to disagree about Hummel as to me, he's a pure backup. I say joke if the Rams think he's a solid starter. Personally wouldn't mind being wrong but that's what I believe as of now. Losing Jones would impact that position big time to me, but I get it if he's asking for too much. Hopefully the market lowers his ask as I'd love us to keep him at a reasonable price. Crazy timing.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Obviously, many of us would love to know the numbers ... offered by the Rams ... requested by Jones' reps.

A good comparable would be the Browns' Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah who just signed an extension.

Owusu-Koramoah is a very good off-ball-LB, and made the Pro Bowl in 2023. Like Jones, he is 24 years old (both were born in November 1999). Like Jones, he was drafted in 2021 (mid-second, to Jones' late-third round). Both are slightly undersized, athletic players. Both have 33 career starts.

Owusu-Koramoah's extension was signed less than two weeks ago, and was for three-years and $37.5M (Average Annual Value of $12.5M), with $20M guaranteed.

Is Jones asking for that? ... A little more? ... A lot more? ... Are the Rams offering less? ... How much less?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Feel like he's worth...

Is that like what all the kids are saying today, "my truth"

I thought there was only fact or fiction...

Jones is a good football player but he's not great, he also has a chronic knee issue that has to be maintained and monitored.

Those are facts that he can't escape, and that's what the rams organization are going to go off of.
Can't blame the Rams for being hesitant with knee issues.

go-patriots.gif

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm probably in the minority, but while Jones is said to be a great leader, it wouldn't shock me if he were dealt and the Rams defense didn't miss a beat.

Do the Falcons have any cap space or draft choices left?

Jones for Pitts straight up.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wondering if the Dolphins have interest for a CB in return????

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to cast aspersions on either Jones or the Team without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. I surely dont blame any player who wants a new deal upon entering the final year of a rookie contract, all it takes is a quick look at the injuries thread to see why. Jones has outplayed his contract, a contract that didnt exactly leave any room for negotiation. This season he'll be one of, if not the key performer on the defense, and yet he'll make less than Jimmy Garoppolo who hopefully never plays a significant down all season.
Of course the flip side is whether or not there is a realistic expectation on Jones side. Rams seemingly are more apt to pay offense players vs D, so I can imagine there is a disconnect but by how much?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They were likely hoping he’d play this year, then let him leave in free agency.

I was too. He’s good but not elite

Yeah, it’s likely agent driven, thinking they have the Rams by the balls, since this team is a contender.

Snead gets what he can get. There is always circumstances involved, like with Ramsey, they could have gotten more. But, they agreed to trade him to a team he wanted.
Speaking of Ramsey, my son said he heard a recent podcast with McVay where Ramsey came up and McVay commented that he should still be here, then stated that they gave out some bad contracts that cost them Ramsey...alluding to Wagoner and Robinson.

I think they want to avoid another bad contract costing them a good young player at a more important position.

It was mentioned that it will be two more yrs until they have to re-sign last yrs class.... well by that point Jones would be in the 2nd yr of his new deal and could be counting over $10M against the cap. That could cost them a Turner or Young or Avila. While I know they won't keep them all, they would keep one less with Jones getting a new deal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, forgot about them. Who is their MLB?
Think they drafted a guy a couple years ago in the 2nd? Other than that I don't know much about it but bigger question is are they Raheem guys? That's tbd I guess.

Psycho_X

Legend
Obviously, many of us would love to know the numbers ... offered by the Rams ... requested by Jones' reps.

A good comparable would be the Browns' Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah who just signed an extension.

Owusu-Koramoah is a very good off-ball-LB, and made the Pro Bowl in 2023. Like Jones, he is 24 years old (both were born in November 1999). Like Jones, he was drafted in 2021 (mid-second, to Jones' late-third round). Both are slightly undersized, athletic players. Both have 33 career starts.

Owusu-Koramoah's extension was signed less than two weeks ago, and was for three-years and $37.5M (Average Annual Value of $12.5M), with $20M guaranteed.

Is Jones asking for that? ... A little more? ... A lot more? ... Are the Rams offering less? ... How much less?
This is great information for reference. Will be interesting what he's looking for to compare eventually.

This sucks though, I wouldn't care if this happened four months ago but this is horrible timing. I don't ever want to see Reeder starting for us again. Hummel I'm not exactly thrilled with as a starter but he did show good coverage skills. I think he'll get blown up in the run game though. Speights is the new flavor of the month and I did love everything I saw from him in the preseason. If worst case scenario happens and Jones leaves I'd deal with some growing pains and throw Speights out there.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yes ATL has cap and picks next year.
They don't have a 3rd, 5th or 6th in 25'. So a little pick poor. The Rams may settle for a 26' pick and get a higher round pick. Like the Eagles did for Reddick. Getting a conditional 3rd. So might get a round higher for a 26th pick vs a 25th pick