Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
So I think this will work out. The trade market will set EJs value. We want to keep him and we should be able to work out a deal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still blows my mind.

He's a Top 6 ILB, young, I get the injury concerns. But he's a Leader, a fan favorite and a phenomenal blister and run defender.

Snead will settle for a 6th.

Hate this. Love Speights and like Hummel but Roseboom is a bum and Reeder has been trash since he entered the league.

EJ and Speights would've been electric and dominant. Now, it's potentially another unnecessary weakness on the team with a small window with Stafford at QB.
We are bringing suit against one Iowa pig farmer named Otto for defamation. ~ Spunky ( @AvengerRam ) Hummel & Roseboom

dang

Legend
Still blows my mind.

He's a Top 6 ILB, young, I get the injury concerns. But he's a Leader, a fan favorite and a phenomenal blister and run defender.

Snead will settle for a 6th.

Hate this. Love Speights and like Hummel but Roseboom is a bum and Reeder has been trash since he entered the league.

EJ and Speights would've been electric and dominant. Now, it's potentially another unnecessary weakness on the team with a small window with Stafford at QB.
Looks like your post may have dropped a ‘1’. Top ‘16’ vs ‘6’?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
God-motherfucking-dammit. This is NOT the news I wanted to wake up to.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I wouldn’t extend him. Rather let him play it out this year and leave via FA.
If it means trading instead, if he won’t play, then trade him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
If he plays this year and go free agent we will get a comp pick. So what does he get us if he signs for 10mil a year. What ever the trade partner is willing to pay Jones we should get better than what we would get in a comp pick.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If he plays this year and go free agent we will get a comp pick. So what does he get us if he signs for 10mil a year. What ever the trade partner is willing to pay Jones we should get better than what we would get in a comp pick.
Not necessarily Comp picks only come back if a team's net losses exceed its gains via free agency.

The Rams are unlikely to get any 2025 comp picks because they added more (quantity of players and contract values) in 2024 free agency than they lost.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
But if he signs a FA deal in the next off season, then it would be for 2025. Right? So they would be trading away the possible comp pick as well as the player.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But if he signs a FA deal in the next off season, then it would be for 2025. Right?
No

The 2025 comp picks will be based on what happened four and five months ago ... March and April of 2024.
It's already done. There will be a Formula and Analysis and the 2025 comp picks will be announced around early-April 2025. And the Rams will almost certainly Not get any for the 2025 Draft.

2026 Free Agency will begin in March of next year; and the players the Rams lose ... including Ernest Jones, provided he is not traded, plays with the Rams in 2024 and does not sign an extension ... will be part of the Formula and Analysis for 2026 compensatory picks.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
One other note, moving Jones would eliminate his 3.1M cap number, essentially a 2.3M savings in real cap space since he would essentially be replaced by Speights who is making 800K.

That is significant and could be pushed to next year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hate this and think it shows he isn’t a fit for Rams culture. Get him out of here now so it isn’t festering all year, he won’t play up to potential.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim