LEGEND Dumbass of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Score another one for Florida!

Florida
3 days ago
Man caught masturbating tells cops he's Captain Kirk from 'Star Trek'
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

1527698933424.jpg

James Bundrick, 56, who claimed his name was Captain Kirk, was arrested on Monday. (Pinellas County Jail)

A man who was captured masturbating in public on Monday told Florida police officers he was Captain Kirk from “Star Trek.”

Officers from the Clearwater Police Department were called to a bus stop on Monday morning following a report of a “lewd and lascivious act,” WFLA reports.

Officers stated they discovered a man sitting on a bench and touching himself under his pants. The officers noted in a police report that it was “obvious he was masturbating.”

Beam me up, Scotty.

View: https://youtu.be/Td67kYY9mdQ

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Man caught masturbating tells cops he's Captain Kirk from 'Star Trek'
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

1527698933424.jpg

James Bundrick, 56, who claimed his name was Captain Kirk, was arrested on Monday. (Pinellas County Jail)

A man who was captured masturbating in public on Monday told Florida police officers he was Captain Kirk from “Star Trek.”

Officers from the Clearwater Police Department were called to a bus stop on Monday morning following a report of a “lewd and lascivious act,” WFLA reports.

Officers stated they discovered a man sitting on a bench and touching himself under his pants. The officers noted in a police report that it was “obvious he was masturbating.”

Beam me up, Scotty.

View: https://youtu.be/Td67kYY9mdQ

IMG_5073.JPG

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
From India: Best excuse EVER for not showing up for work but still a dumbass for thinking he can get away with it.
********************************************************************************
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oss-come-office-tenth-incarnation-VISHNU.html

Indian engineer tells boss he can't come to the office because he is the tenth incarnation of VISHNU
By GEORGE MARTIN FOR MAILONLINE

4C7F0C7F00000578-5752977-image-a-55_1526902907502.jpg

Rameshchandra Fefar, an engineer from the Indian state of Gujarat has repeatedly refused to go to work as he says he is the 10th incarnation of the deity Vishnu.

Mr Fefar, who has only worked 16 days in the last eight months, said: 'I am Lord Vishnu's 10th incarnation as Kalki.

'I am doing penance at home by entering into the fifth dimension to change the global conscience.

'This work I cannot do in the office. Thus I don't remain physically present in the office.'

'I realised that I am Kalki avatar when I was in my office in March 2010. Since then, I am having divine powers.

The office worker also claimed that the intense meditation he performed at home had been instrumental in ending India's recent droughts.

'Just because I am Kalki avatar, India got good rains,' he added.

This month his employers at the Sardar Sarovar Punah-Vasvat Agency sent him an official notice warning him he faced disciplinary action.

I would sooo fire his ass

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
After all, if it's from the Daily Fail it has to be true. If you're so advanced then why can't you repair
your time machine? Btw this is why lie detector tests are not sanctioned as evidence in courts.
****************************************************************************************
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hes-stuck-2018-PASSED-lie-detector-test.html

Man who claims he travelled from the year 6491 and is stuck in 2018 because his time machine broke 'PASSES lie detector test'
By ZOIE O'BRIEN FOR MAILONLINE

A time traveller who believes he is from the year 6491 but got stuck in 2018 when his time machine broke down, has allegedly passed a lie detector test.

James Oliver's story was doubted but paranormal experts say they were blown away when they put it to the test, because the results showed he was telling the truth.

Mr Oliver claims he lives more than centuries in the future but was sent back in time.

Paranormal YouTube site ApexTV carried out an experiment, which had bizarre results.

Mr Oliver passed every question.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nbb4EuMWB0

'Your years are different to mine,' he says in an anonymous video which blurs out his face.

'Where I'm from, the years are longer.

'My planet is further away from the sun than yours is, so it takes longer to get around.

'But we have gifted mathematicians who work to calculate our years from those from other civilisations.'

Although the man has a Birmingham accent, with a US twang, he claims he is from outer space.

Describing life lightyears from now, he says more species and planets are discovered – and that there are fights coming between humans and aliens.

He said: 'We are constantly finding new planets and galaxies every day. Most of it is just nothing.

'Sometimes you hit the jackpot and find intelligent life on it. You find new planets, new eco systems.

'There are a lot of planets more intelligent than humans.'

'There have been some conflicts, but most of it has been put under control by the federation very quickly.

'The federation is there as a peace keeping vessel.'

His story resembles the film plot to Back to the Future storyline, where Marty McFly gets stuck in the 50s after he runs out of plutonium to power his machine an old DeLorean car.

According to Mr Oliver global warming is going to get worse and our planet is going to get hotter. He also says there is a United Nations style system of planetary leaders to ensure peace.

And he says he is friends with people from other planets.

He said: 'The definition of alien is something out of this world, so technically, I am meeting one right now.

'I have, on occasion. But the only time I meet them is when I am at home.

'It's the same sort of thing. They travel to where I live and I do know them.

'I have personal relationships with a few of them, I have friends I'd consider aliens. They are a nice lot, they are. Don't be quick to judge.

'I have some who are quite good friends. My closest friend is from another galaxy.'

Another surprise for the future is how we will all have our own Artificial Intelligence system called Siri – the same name as the Apple operating systems assistant.

He goes on to say that everyone in the future has their own Artificial Intelligence system called Siri, which recognise users by their voice.

When asked if he has ever met an alien, he replies: 'Personally? Several times.

Mr Oliver said there was a 'restriction as to what I can tell you' about the future – when asked who the next US President would be.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
After all, if it's from the Daily Fail it has to be true. If you're so advanced then why can't you repair
your time machine? Btw this is why lie detector tests are not sanctioned as evidence in courts.
****************************************************************************************
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hes-stuck-2018-PASSED-lie-detector-test.html

Man who claims he travelled from the year 6491 and is stuck in 2018 because his time machine broke 'PASSES lie detector test'
By ZOIE O'BRIEN FOR MAILONLINE

A time traveller who believes he is from the year 6491 but got stuck in 2018 when his time machine broke down, has allegedly passed a lie detector test.

James Oliver's story was doubted but paranormal experts say they were blown away when they put it to the test, because the results showed he was telling the truth.

Mr Oliver claims he lives more than centuries in the future but was sent back in time.

Paranormal YouTube site ApexTV carried out an experiment, which had bizarre results.

Mr Oliver passed every question.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nbb4EuMWB0

'Your years are different to mine,' he says in an anonymous video which blurs out his face.

'Where I'm from, the years are longer.

'My planet is further away from the sun than yours is, so it takes longer to get around.

'But we have gifted mathematicians who work to calculate our years from those from other civilisations.'

Although the man has a Birmingham accent, with a US twang, he claims he is from outer space.

Describing life lightyears from now, he says more species and planets are discovered – and that there are fights coming between humans and aliens.

He said: 'We are constantly finding new planets and galaxies every day. Most of it is just nothing.

'Sometimes you hit the jackpot and find intelligent life on it. You find new planets, new eco systems.

'There are a lot of planets more intelligent than humans.'

'There have been some conflicts, but most of it has been put under control by the federation very quickly.

'The federation is there as a peace keeping vessel.'

His story resembles the film plot to Back to the Future storyline, where Marty McFly gets stuck in the 50s after he runs out of plutonium to power his machine an old DeLorean car.

According to Mr Oliver global warming is going to get worse and our planet is going to get hotter. He also says there is a United Nations style system of planetary leaders to ensure peace.

And he says he is friends with people from other planets.

He said: 'The definition of alien is something out of this world, so technically, I am meeting one right now.

'I have, on occasion. But the only time I meet them is when I am at home.

'It's the same sort of thing. They travel to where I live and I do know them.

'I have personal relationships with a few of them, I have friends I'd consider aliens. They are a nice lot, they are. Don't be quick to judge.

'I have some who are quite good friends. My closest friend is from another galaxy.'

Another surprise for the future is how we will all have our own Artificial Intelligence system called Siri – the same name as the Apple operating systems assistant.

He goes on to say that everyone in the future has their own Artificial Intelligence system called Siri, which recognise users by their voice.

When asked if he has ever met an alien, he replies: 'Personally? Several times.

Mr Oliver said there was a 'restriction as to what I can tell you' about the future – when asked who the next US President would be.

I went to basic training with a dude who's family business was lie detector tests. He said that they are admissible in court, or at least the test administrator's opinion of it is. The test doesn't actually determine the truth, so much as it determine what they believe to be true. That's a whole different scale/making in this context. This guy is crazy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/admissability-of-polygraph-tests-in-court.html

What Are the State Laws Concerning Polygraph Admissibility?
Almost every state fits into one of two categories; those that find them completely inadmissible and those that allow their admission with "the stipulations of both parties" (meaning both you and the prosecutor agree to admit the test results as evidence).

States like California, Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, and Florida allow the tests if everyone agrees to them, but may put different emphasis on the test's accuracy.
  • California lawyers, for instance, can present the results to the jury, and allows them to draw whatever inferences from it they wish.
  • Georgia law, on the other hand, allows defendants who suffer damage because of a false result on a polygraph test (which are somewhat frequent) to sue the polygraph operator for damages and attorneys fees.
  • According to Florida lawyers, it is the one state that does require some people to submit to polygraph tests (previously convicted sex offenders), but even then those test results cannot be used against them in court, and are for use only within the course of their therapy.
The states in which polygraphs are inadmissible include New York, Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia. In these states, even if both parties wish to enter polygraph test results into evidence, it is forbidden (except in very rare scenarios).
  • Some states, like New York and Texas, forbid their use completely in all employment and law enforcement contexts.
  • Other states, like Massachusetts, do not allow them to be entered as evidence, but CAN use them as supporting probable cause (to obtain search warrants).
Federal courts have their own rules on when to allow the admission of polygraph evidence (it is usually at the judge's discretion).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/admissability-of-polygraph-tests-in-court.html

What Are the State Laws Concerning Polygraph Admissibility?
Almost every state fits into one of two categories; those that find them completely inadmissible and those that allow their admission with "the stipulations of both parties" (meaning both you and the prosecutor agree to admit the test results as evidence).

States like California, Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, and Florida allow the tests if everyone agrees to them, but may put different emphasis on the test's accuracy.
  • California lawyers, for instance, can present the results to the jury, and allows them to draw whatever inferences from it they wish.
  • Georgia law, on the other hand, allows defendants who suffer damage because of a false result on a polygraph test (which are somewhat frequent) to sue the polygraph operator for damages and attorneys fees.
  • According to Florida lawyers, it is the one state that does require some people to submit to polygraph tests (previously convicted sex offenders), but even then those test results cannot be used against them in court, and are for use only within the course of their therapy.
The states in which polygraphs are inadmissible include New York, Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia. In these states, even if both parties wish to enter polygraph test results into evidence, it is forbidden (except in very rare scenarios).
  • Some states, like New York and Texas, forbid their use completely in all employment and law enforcement contexts.
  • Other states, like Massachusetts, do not allow them to be entered as evidence, but CAN use them as supporting probable cause (to obtain search warrants).
Federal courts have their own rules on when to allow the admission of polygraph evidence (it is usually at the judge's discretion).
Interesting. I just assumed it was the same everywhere. I have no clue where this dude was from.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Man, @1maGoh you need to hone your reading comprehension skills. He's from a place like Birmingham, only further from the sun. :rolleyes:
That's the first time I've ever heard that before.

I was talking about the dude I knew in basic. I don't know where he was from that polygraphs and his opinion on them were admissable in court (because that was his job).

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
That's the first time I've ever heard that before.

I was talking about the dude I knew in basic. I don't know where he was from that polygraphs and his opinion on them were admissable in court (because that was his job).
I was just giving you crap, having some fun with the guy in the original story.

I agree on the polygraphs. Not a fan. Delusional people believe their own lies, and someone goes to prison? Or is set free, despite other weighty evidence?

Get rid of polygraphs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/d...nute-later/ar-AAylZuh?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=U508DHP

Deputy Beats Sheriff in Election Primary, Gets Fired One Minute Later
Alberto Luperon
3 hrs ago

AAylWOz.img
© Provided by LawNewz, Inc.

Um, congrats to Sheriff-elect Mark Maggs? On Tuesday, this deputy for the Bon Homme County Sheriff’s Office in South Dakota won the Republican primary to lead the department. He blew out the incumbent (his boss) Lenny Gramkow 878 to 331. The problem was, he got fired one minute after polls closed.

Maggs posted the termination letter to Facebook. It was signed by Gramkow.

“This letter is to inform you that effective immediately you are terminated from the position of deputy sheriff for Bon Homme County. As of this moment you are no longer an employee of Bon Homme County,” the letter stated. “Please turn in all equipment belonging to Bon Homme County by 5 p.m. on June 6, 2018.”

It was time-stamped 19:01, one minute after polls closed. Gramkow declined to comment in the Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan‘s write-up on the issue. Law&Crime followed up with a message to the Sheriff’s Office just in case he changed his mind. For now, he has yet to provide an explicit reason why he fired a political opponent one minute after lopsidedly losing to him in an election. It’s a mystery.

South Dakota’s general election is set for Nov. 6, but no one else is reportedly seeking to become sheriff. Maggs would take office next January.

Even he wasn’t saying too much about what happened, but did say he’s going to talk to the Bon Homme County Commission about this in a meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. CDT on Thursday.

“I would like to speak with the commissioners prior to speaking with any media,” he told the Press & Dakotan. “It sounds like we may have that opportunity.”

We touched base with a request for comment. It wasn’t immediately returned as of Thursday afternoon.

South Dakota is an at-will employment state. Under the law, sheriffs have the authority to hire and fire deputies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
For now, he has yet to provide an explicit reason why he fired a political opponent one minute after lopsidedly losing to him in an election. It’s a mystery.
Is it though?

Is it?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
South Dakota is an at-will employment state. Under the law, sheriffs have the authority to hire and fire deputies.
Sloppy journalism. Still needs to be approved by the County auditor, which is why the deputy wanted a commission hearing on this. It won't stick.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I wouldn’t have fired him. I would have sent him on a special mission to battle on the front lines against the Ammonites.

Huh. Boot Sheriff.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/06/07/study-10-percent-people-checking-phone-during-sex/

SureCall, a cell phone signal booster company, in a study finds that 10 percent of people check their phone during sex.

Out of the 10 percent that admitted to checking their phones while getting romantic, 43 percent said they checked their phones during those moments two to 10 times in the past year.

The study also finds 69 percent of participants admitted to checking their phones as they used the toilet/urinal and 59 percent of those who did that said they do it on a daily basis.

Nearly 75 percent of participants admitted to sleeping with their phone on or having the device near their the bed. In addition, they were more likely to say they are sad.