LEGEND Dumbass of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are few people on this planet I detest more than these scumsucking, lowlife dumbasses. They should give them life imprisonment on top of a fine when they're caught. Think of all the victims of these phone scams, not to mention the amount of annoyance they've inflicted by their greed. :mad:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/robocaller-hit-with-record-120-million-fine/

Robocaller hit with record $120 million fine
By KATHY KRISTOF

The Federal Communications Commission Thursday finalized its largest robocalling fine in history against Adrian Abramovich, a Florida man who is charged with making nearly 100 million spoofed robocalls in just three months.

Abramovich, who claimed in Senate testimony that he was "not the kingpin of robocalling as alleged," must now pay the FCC's $120 million fine or bring the dispute to federal court. Notably, the FCC's second-largest fine in history, which asks for $95 million, related to a robocalling operation that was charged last August for allegedly making about one-fifth as many phone calls.

Abramovich, who asserted Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination in his Senate testimony, could not be reached for comment. However, the FCC alluded to -- and soundly rejected -- his legal response to the FCC charges, in which Abramovich claimed he did not mean to cause harm or wrongfully obtain anything of value.

"Mr. Abramovich didn't just have the intent to defraud or cause harm. He actually caused harm," countered FCC Chairman Ajit Pai in a prepared statement. "Just ask his victims -- a number of whom are elderly -- who were duped into purchasing travel deals under false pretenses."

The FCC fine is part of a multifaceted effort to crack down on robocalls, which have spurred more than 4.5 million complaints to federal regulators in recent years. The complaint against Abramovich and his companies, Marketing Strategy Leaders and Marketing Leaders, said these companies made some 96 million computer-dialed calls over a three-month period.

The calls used caller ID "spoofing" that mimicks the first six digits of the recipient's phone number, a practice dubbed "neighbor spoofing," the complaint added. This practice is illegal partly because federal officials maintain that victims are far more likely to pick up a call if it appears to be coming from their local neighborhood.

Abramovich's companies not only spoofed caller ID systems to appear to be a neighbor, the recorded pitch also misled victims into believing that the call was being made by a major hospitality company, such as Trip Advisor, Expedia, Hilton or Marriott.

It wasn't until victims responded to the offer of a discounted trip by hitting a digit on their phones that they would get a live operator, who was ultimately pitching timeshare interests in Mexico that were unrelated to any of the major companies mentioned in the recorded message.

The practice of using brand names in the recorded pitch apparently turned around to bite the Florida robocaller, though. Several of these major companies, which were getting complaints from consumers who thought they were malfeasors, assisted the FCC in its investigation.

Unfortunately, the move against Abramovich is unlikely to reduce the number of robocalls that consumers receive on both cellphones and land lines. A recent report by Hiya, a call-blocking service, found that Americans received 4.9 billion robocalls in just the first three months of 2018. There was a 10 percent growth in spam user reports and a massive increase in political spam calls.

Abramovich's Senate testimony explained why.

"There is available open-source software that can be misused by someone to make thousands of automated phone calls with the click of a button," Abramovich told the Senate in April. "There are websites right now. ... that offer volume pricing for using their robocalling system that can handle millions of calls."

With these inexpensive services and software, almost anyone can plug in and play in the robocalling game, Abramovich said.

Indeed, FCC spokesman Will Wiquist said that while the FCC is attempting to address illegal robocalls with enforcement, government-industry partnerships and consumer information campaigns that warn about neighbor spoofing, among other things, it's an uphill battle.

"It is the top consumer protection priority for the chairman," said Wiquist, "but there's no silver bullet."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some if not many of us have met the woman with the crazy eyes( girl friends, ex-wives) that wouldn't let go, but this one beats them all. Btw this is yet one more reason I'm glad I don't own a cell phone. :)
***************************************************************************************
http://www.azfamily.com/story/38152...-to-man-said-she-wanted-to-bathe-in-his-blood

Accused stalker sent 65,000 texts to man
By azfamily.com News Staff

View: https://twitter.com/PVPolice/status/994246623260626944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azfamily.com%2Fstory%2F38152568%2Fpd-woman-sent-65000-texts-to-man-said-she-wanted-to-bathe-in-his-blood

PARADISE VALLEY, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -

What started as a potential relationship on a dating site ended in a stalking nightmare for one Paradise Valley man.

PV police say the victim met 31-year-old Jacqueline Claire Ades of Phoenix online and went on a date with her. But things quickly went awry.

After that date, police say Ades began texting the man constantly, sending him more than 65,000 text messages. The victim told police sometimes she would send up to 500 texts a day.

Police say some of those messages were threatening. According to the police report, the messages included:

• "Don't ever try to leave me... I'll kill you... I don't wanna be a murderer!"
  • "I hope you die... you rotten filthy Jew."
  • "I'm like the new Hitler... man was a genius."
  • "I'd wear your fascia 'n the top of your skull 'n your hands 'n feet."
  • "Oh, what I would do w/your blood... I'd wanna bathe in it."
Also, police say Ades entered the victim's residence when he wasn't at home. According to the police report, Ades had "a large butcher knife on the passenger seat of her car" at the time.

Ades also reportedly showed up at the victim's workplace, claiming to be his wife. Paradise Valley police arrested Ades Tuesday, May 8. She was booked into 4th Avenue Jail on threatening, stalking, harassment and failure to appear charges.

When detectives asked Ades about the threatening text messages, she said "She did not want to hurt the victim because she loved him" and she says "she threatened him because she did not want him to leave."

Ades is set to appear in court May 15. She is being held without bond.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Whip it good dumbass. Video at the link.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pstairs-doesnt-hear-burglars-STEALING-TV.html

Homeowner blasting Devo classic while upstairs doesn't hear burglars STEALING her TV
By MATTHEW WRIGHT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

4C1A084C00000578-5718711-image-a-18_1526052466930.jpg

A Devo fan in Ohio will now have an unfortunate memory when she hears one of the band's most famous songs thanks to two home robbers.

As 'Whip It' plays loudly in the background of the woman's Columbus, Ohio, home, a thief can be seen peaking into the living room to see if anyone is around.

'When a good time turns around, you must whip it!,' the song plays while the robbery is taking place.

'You will never live it down, unless you whip it!

'No one gets away, until they whip it!'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

fearsomefour

Legend
Never even saw this in my years of playing little league, Babe Ruth, HS, or slow pitch softball. Way to be a pro organization Mets.
https://www.obsev.com/sports/mets-batted-out-of-order.html
Haha.
The closest I've seen was at a travel tournament was a team having the same kid bat once RH and once LH....changing jerseys to attempt a "pinch hit"....then the kid changed back to his first jersey and went back to the field. Haha. Idiots.

fearsomefour

Legend
Some if not many of us have met the woman with the crazy eyes( girl friends, ex-wives) that wouldn't let go, but this one beats them all. Btw this is yet one more reason I'm glad I don't own a cell phone. :)
***************************************************************************************
http://www.azfamily.com/story/38152...-to-man-said-she-wanted-to-bathe-in-his-blood

Accused stalker sent 65,000 texts to man
By azfamily.com News Staff

View: https://twitter.com/PVPolice/status/994246623260626944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azfamily.com%2Fstory%2F38152568%2Fpd-woman-sent-65000-texts-to-man-said-she-wanted-to-bathe-in-his-blood

PARADISE VALLEY, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -

What started as a potential relationship on a dating site ended in a stalking nightmare for one Paradise Valley man.

PV police say the victim met 31-year-old Jacqueline Claire Ades of Phoenix online and went on a date with her. But things quickly went awry.

After that date, police say Ades began texting the man constantly, sending him more than 65,000 text messages. The victim told police sometimes she would send up to 500 texts a day.

Police say some of those messages were threatening. According to the police report, the messages included:

• "Don't ever try to leave me... I'll kill you... I don't wanna be a murderer!"
  • "I hope you die... you rotten filthy Jew."
  • "I'm like the new Hitler... man was a genius."
  • "I'd wear your fascia 'n the top of your skull 'n your hands 'n feet."
  • "Oh, what I would do w/your blood... I'd wanna bathe in it."
Also, police say Ades entered the victim's residence when he wasn't at home. According to the police report, Ades had "a large butcher knife on the passenger seat of her car" at the time.

Ades also reportedly showed up at the victim's workplace, claiming to be his wife. Paradise Valley police arrested Ades Tuesday, May 8. She was booked into 4th Avenue Jail on threatening, stalking, harassment and failure to appear charges.

When detectives asked Ades about the threatening text messages, she said "She did not want to hurt the victim because she loved him" and she says "she threatened him because she did not want him to leave."

Ades is set to appear in court May 15. She is being held without bond.

Perfectly normal....perfect healthy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.yahoo.com/news/domestic-dispute-germany-man-arguing-parrot-120043145.html

Domestic dispute in Germany: Man arguing with a parrot
Associated Press

tumblr_o6dhr9r6De1udh5n8o1_400.gif

BERLIN (AP) — Police were called to investigate a domestic disturbance in a southern German town — and found a man arguing with a parrot.

A resident in Loerrach, near the Swiss border, called the emergency number Monday to report his concerns about loud shouting from a next-door apartment that had been going on for some time.

Police said Tuesday that officers sent to the scene found there was a loud argument going on — but it was between a 22-year-old man and a parrot. The man told them he had been annoyed with the bird, which belonged to his girlfriend.

The parrot responded to being shouted at with loud noises of its own. Police said it couldn't speak but could bark like a dog.

Since no one was hurt, the officers left.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Krista Glover is a dumbass. Lucas Glover shot a 78. His wife wasn't having it.

.https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/go...-bad-round/ar-AAxkvA7?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U508DHP

Lucas Glover's wife arrested for domestic violence; reportedly attacked him for bad round
Joel Beall
1 hr ago

AAxktkZ.img
© David Cannon PGA Tour player Lucas Glover was attacked by his wife during the Players Championship, according to police reports. Following the tournament's third round, Krista Glover was arrested and charged with domestic battery and resisting arrest.

Police arrived to a residence rented by the Glovers on Saturday night due to a disturbance 911 call. A document from the St. Johns County Sheriff's department states Lucas was berated by his wife for his poor play (he shot a third-round 78 for a MDF—made cut, did not finish). In the report. Lucas told deputies "when he plays a bad round of golf, Krista proceeds to start an altercation with him and telling him how he is a loser and a p***y, how he needs to fire everyone, and how he'd better win or her and the kids would leave him and he would never see the kids again."

The police report said Lucas was tired of these altercations, but simultaneously tried to dissuade officials from arresting Krista.

Police noted multiple lacerations to both Lucas and his 62-year-old mother, who had blood on her shirt and said she was hit in the chest. Krista told police she had been attacked by Lucas' mother, but police reported no visible injuries.

Police officials noted in the report that Krista resisted them, refusing to get in the squad car by "blocking herself from sitting down." She reportedly attempted to wrap her legs around the car door, but deputies were able to push her in. Krista reportedly damaged the inside of the vehicle by kicking the door.

During the transportation process, the report states Krista's handcuffs were loosened and she attempted to flea. Two lawmen were able to re-handcuff her.

The report also states Krista berated the police, using threatening language.

Lucas informed officers that Krista had been drinking. The altercation allegedly occurred in front of their children.

On Tuesday afternoon, Lucas posted the following message on Twitter: "On May 12, my wife and mother were involved in an argument to which the police were called. Everyone is fine. Regrettably, although Krista was charged, we are comfortable that the judicial system is able to address what actually happened and Krista will be cleared in this private matter. We thank you for respecting our privacy as we work through this unfortunate situation."

Glover, who won the 2009 U.S. Open, married Krista in 2012. Glover is not in this week's AT&T Byron Nelson field.

View: https://twitter.com/kristacglover/status/971817938205454336

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Whip it good dumbass. Video at the link.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pstairs-doesnt-hear-burglars-STEALING-TV.html

Homeowner blasting Devo classic while upstairs doesn't hear burglars STEALING her TV
By MATTHEW WRIGHT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

4C1A084C00000578-5718711-image-a-18_1526052466930.jpg

A Devo fan in Ohio will now have an unfortunate memory when she hears one of the band's most famous songs thanks to two home robbers.

As 'Whip It' plays loudly in the background of the woman's Columbus, Ohio, home, a thief can be seen peaking into the living room to see if anyone is around.

'When a good time turns around, you must whip it!,' the song plays while the robbery is taking place.

'You will never live it down, unless you whip it!

'No one gets away, until they whip it!'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

Whut she gets for listening to DEVO.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I guess we now know @FaulkSF is a DEVO fan. :hiding:
Not so much a fan as I'll listen when they come lb the radio and more preferable over pop, pop country, soulja boy, and anything similar with no redeeming value. Devo influenced bands like talking heads, radiohead, and even nirvana, soundgarden and rage against the machine listened to and covered them.

Perhaps I overestimated your taste in music @RamFan503
:p

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not so much a fan as I'll listen when they come lb the radio and more preferable over pop, pop country, soulja boy, and anything similar with no redeeming value. Devo influenced bands like talking heads, radiohead, and even nirvana, soundgarden and rage against the machine listened to and covered them.

Either way, you wont be watching much tv.:ROFLMAO:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Just flicking you shit. It kind of bugs me that IMO, one of their worst songs is the one for which most people know them. I hate that song.

That being said - my taste in music is impeccable and beyond reproach.:D