Dotson Staying with Rams: 3yrs, $48M / $32M Guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempests

Hall of Fame
This was the big news. Unfortunately...
I have to say, you wasted our time, then. Jourdan Rodrigue told us more about the situation than you did.

Was there any purpose to you saying anything? Other than wanting us to know, that you knew?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Like I said, the only thing worse than shitting on Ram fans in that way..........posting "big news coming!!!" in a thread where fans are talking about acquisitions..........is admitting to it.

First, he mentioned "Danielle Hunter is their priority", then in response to El Chapo (who was fucking defending him) talking about surprises, he says "there's a big one coming this week". Of course that would imply a big signing to most fans participating in that thread. He goes on to mislead fans by saying "Danielle is someone I've heard a lot about. Brian Burns as well." NO SHIT? Whether you're reading ROD or RFU, those 2 names come up almost as frequently as McVay or Snead. Big scoop. And so that must be what he's talking about right? An acquisition! Then....he tells somebody "not all INSIDE information comes from McVay and Snead". He's got his own 'insiders'. My question here is did his 'insider' tell him "AD is calling it quits" or did he just say, "big news on a big name is forthcoming this week"? Because if he actually knew AD was retiring he would have said, "BAD news coming this week". "Not allowed to share" (or unable to share because all he was told is "big name") "this kind of info, just stay tuned" (maybe listen to his podcast?) "it's big news coming this week. The purpose is to let you know BIG NEWS is coming this week". (This week? The first week of free agency? Big news! Whoda thunk it?) So my bet is he didn't know shit, other than it was a "big name" and misplayed it badly (bigger than Shelton or Noteboom). He figured we felt "it would be nice to be informed something big is coming". "It's a major name. It's coming this week." Yeah, I thought it was really nice to get everybody's hopes up Hunter or Burns or some other BIG NAME was going to sign with the Rams. Finally, "this was the BIG NEWS. Unfortunately". Yeah unfortunately he played it wrong. He was told BIG NEWS was coming and he also thought it was an acquisition. And in an attempt to bolster his cred, he put it out there but he's simply shown he knows someone who teases him with ambiguous tidbits. No names. No real "inside information". Just enough to get people to listen to his podcasts, I suppose. Good job! Thanks! Fuck your podcasts.

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I was letting you know something big was coming. I never said good or bad. I never said signing or trade. I’m hated no matter what I do as I’ve learned. So to be honest, it is what it is. Sorry y’all feel that way. Wasn’t allowed to say anything because only AD was allowed to break the news. Just tried to let everyone know something franchise altering was happening. I wasn’t wrong there.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I was letting you know something big was coming. I never said good or bad. I never said signing or trade. I’m hated no matter what I do as I’ve learned. So to be honest, it is what it is. Sorry y’all feel that way. Wasn’t allowed to say anything because only AD was allowed to break the news. Just tried to let everyone know something franchise altering was happening. I wasn’t wrong there.
Yes. Because YOU didn't actually know WTF was happening. Or you wouldn't have played it that way, in that thread. And the ambiguity of the information you received (and relayed) allowed you to cover yourself with "only AD was allowed to break the news". Of course, no shit. That's why you weren't told anything but big name/franchise altering and obviously you thought it was Hunter or Burns or Allen, et al. "Wasn't allowed" or was unable because you didn't know what the new actually was? Bad play Jake. Misplayed to the Nth degree. You expect us to believe you were told some serious information such as AD retiring? I call bullshit on you actually knowing the news. But thanks for kicking everybody in the balls!!

Last edited:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a general rule, I don't put any faith into posts as generic as the ones I saw from Jake earlier in this thread. Something big is always coming in the first week of free agency. That's what I thought when I read them. That being said, it is your own faith in these posts that lead to the disappointment that obviously you guys are feeling at this point. Although the delivery was questionable, the fact that he says he was right about this doesn't matter. I put no trust in it, therefore I'm not disappointed. I found out about AD retiring from a source I trust like the rest of you did.

I don't know how this turned into a Jake thread, but I can't call bullshit because I just now participated as well.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Like I said, the only thing worse than shitting on Ram fans in that way..........posting "big news coming!!!" in a thread where fans are talking about acquisitions..........is admitting to it.

First, he mentioned "Danielle Hunter is their priority", then in response to El Chapo (who was fucking defending him) talking about surprises, he says "there's a big one coming this week". Of course that would imply a big signing to most fans participating in that thread. He goes on to mislead fans by saying "Danielle is someone I've heard a lot about. Brian Burns as well." NO SHIT? Whether you're reading ROD or RFU, those 2 names come up almost as frequently as McVay or Snead. Big scoop. And so that must be what he's talking about right? An acquisition! Then....he tells somebody "not all INSIDE information comes from McVay and Snead". He's got his own 'insiders'. My question here is did his 'insider' tell him "AD is calling it quits" or did he just say, "big news on a big name is forthcoming this week"? Because if he actually knew AD was retiring he would have said, "BAD news coming this week". "Not allowed to share" (or unable to share because all he was told is "big name") "this kind of info, just stay tuned" (maybe listen to his podcast?) "it's big news coming this week. The purpose is to let you know BIG NEWS is coming this week". (This week? The first week of free agency? Big news! Whoda thunk it?) So my bet is he didn't know shit, other than it was a "big name" and misplayed it badly (bigger than Shelton or Noteboom). He figured we felt "it would be nice to be informed something big is coming". "It's a major name. It's coming this week." Yeah, I thought it was really nice to get everybody's hopes up Hunter or Burns or some other BIG NAME was going to sign with the Rams. Finally, "this was the BIG NEWS. Unfortunately". Yeah unfortunately he played it wrong. In an attempt to bolster his cred, he's simply shown he knows someone who teases him with ambiguous tidbits. No names. No real "inside information". Just enough to get people to listen to his podcasts, I suppose. Good job!

Yes. Because YOU didn't actually know WTF was happening. Or you wouldn't have played it that way, in that thread. And the ambiguity of the information you received (and relayed) allowed you to cover yourself with "only AD was allowed to break the news". Of course, no shit. That's why you weren't told anything but big name/franchise altering and obviously you thought it was Hunter or Burns or Allen, et al. "Wasn't allowed" or was unable because you didn't know what the new actually was? Bad play Jake. Misplayed to the Nth degree. You expect us to believe you were told some serious information such as AD retiring? I call bullshit on you actually knowing the news. But thanks for kicking everybody in the balls!!
You have no idea what you are talking about. I posted the AD retirement video the second he announced it
View: https://youtu.be/TwDv2yFK2d4?si=4cpvjrqBX2FM9ATd
keep hating frankly though because I don’t give a damn anymore

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. I break news and the majority go “well its Jake so it probably isn’t true” then I tell y’all something big is coming and you are like wow Jake way to lead us on. I never said if it was good or bad, I never said if it was a trade or signing. I could have been better in explaining it but if I did you have guessed AD. I wasn’t allowed to break AD’s news. Like I’ve said, I’m used to be hated on whether here or Reddit. It’s all good. I’ll continue to make content. You want to support? Great. You don’t want to support? Totally fine. I’m not stopping either way. ‍

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. I break news and the majority go “well its Jake so it probably isn’t true” then I tell y’all something big is coming and you are like wow Jake way to lead us on. I never said if it was good or bad, I never said if it was a trade or signing. I could have been better in explaining it but if I did you have guessed AD. I wasn’t allowed to break AD’s news. Like I’ve said, I’m used to be hated on whether here or Reddit. It’s all good. I’ll continue to make content. You want to support? Great. You don’t want to support? Totally fine. I’m not stopping either way. ‍
I promise this will be my final comment to you on this matter.

My first comment from Thursday was extremely positive and supportive, with some humor. Go take a look.
It's on page 18 of this very Thread.

Don't stop what you are doing.
You have clearly done very well, and have a bright future .. congratulation and keep-it-up!

No, you did NOT lie , and you Never said it was Good or Bad 'big news'. However, you arguably did miss-lead die-hard Rams' fans on a Rams' Forum.

Given this time in the offseason, with the Rams coming-off a very successful year, having cap space and adding talent it was more than reasonable for many ROD members to assume the 'big news' would be Positive.

Just step-back, take a deep breath, and think about it. This is clearly a true statement.

You handled yourself really well last week when a ROD member got petty and insulting. He was put on a timeout for it. That's one of the reasons I submitted my previously referenced positive post to you.

You seem young (20s?); and some of your comments above read young ... in my opinion.
What could you have done differently? Maybe you sit on this piece of information but you certainly do not post in the manner you did, on the forum and thread you did. You totally miss-managed expectations and ...
For some of us (not all), a huge disappointment was just a little more disappointing than it needed to be.

dang

Legend
This forum has to admit We (including me) are so hungry for news this time of year we obsessively click hour after hour day after day for ANY news (good, bad, valid, invalid). We (again including me) practically beg for it like crack addicts. Good news brings elation and praise for the messenger. Bad news brings despair and disdain for the messenger.
I would like to suggest we focus on 2 things with this devastating (purposefully over dramatic term) news. When did the Rams know about this and what is their strategy for filling the void.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This forum has to admit We (including me) are so hungry for news this time of year we obsessively click hour after hour day after day for ANY news (good, bad, valid, invalid). We (again including me) practically beg for it like crack addicts. Good news brings elation and praise for the messenger. Bad news brings despair and disdain for the messenger.
I would like to suggest we focus on 2 things with this devastating (purposefully over dramatic term) news. When did the Rams know about this and what is their strategy for filling the void.
That 1st question has been answered.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah no chance. He knowingly came in here talked up the Rams were after a couple big names that had been thrown around here for a long time. Then without skipping a beat or changing tone he promotes some insider information on a huge move. Never once hinting that it wasn't a signing or a trade or even that it was bad news. He doubled down and went further promoting his inside info and it was huge. Still never hinting at we might not like it.

Nobody is upset with the person that first posted the tweet with the retirement info on it, frankly I can't remember who started the thread and I don't care tbh. Further dispelling the disdain for Jake. He chose the tone and how he would deliver the message then he runs to twitter and plays the victim. He further shows how low he is by claiming it's hate. A childish claim to say the least, there's no hate there's only anger at being trolled. Trolling by the way I'm pretty sure is something not allowed here but hey he's a youtube content creator claiming to be a media member so he gets away with it.

I don't hate Jake and I doubt very seriously anybody else around here does either. I pity him because he felt the need to do what he did over the last week. Then he made it worse by playing the victim in his safe space on twitter. Best of luck to him but I certainly won't be following him or putting any thought into him at all after this. No room for people who act the way he did especially then claiming to be a victim after abusing the feelings of Rams fans here on ROD.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
You have no idea what you are talking about. I posted the AD retirement video the second he announced it
View: https://youtu.be/TwDv2yFK2d4?si=4cpvjrqBX2FM9ATd
keep hating frankly though because I don’t give a

Jake, some constructive criticism if you will - in the first :30 of this podcast you say you “warned” us there was going to be something big. A warning is cautionary that something negative could happen. This is not how you worded your posts here so I can see where people could feel misled. I respect you, especially since you have come a long way from your awkward beginnings. However, if you want to be in the inside scoop/breaking news business, let this be a learning experience on the nuances of setting expectations if you want to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
- in the first :30 of this podcast you say you “warned” us there was going to be something big. A warning is cautionary that something negative could happen. This is not how you worded your posts here so I can see where people could feel misled.
Exactly.

"Hey how about Danielle Hunter?"
"What about Brian Burns?"
"Is there a chance we could get Josh Allen?"
"If we don't get one of those 3, we gotta go Edge at #19!!!"
"Oh something big is gonna happen and it's none of the names you mentioned"

One of those things turned out to be nothing like the others!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
keep hating frankly though because I don’t give a damn anymore
And you have no idea how to be a respected media analyst.
The second he announced it? You mean like ESPN and a bunch of other sites?

BTW, not a hater. Just not a fan. Don't quit you day job.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I am cool with Jake. The dude is a die hard Rams fan, so why would I hate on that?

He spends a lot of time and effort making content. I extremely rarely consume it, because I already have my go to guys, but if he wants to put in the effort to try and make it in the game, why hate on him for it?

If a well known NFL Insider said "big Rams news coming this week", without specifying if it was good or bad, nobody would have hated, whether he made that announcement via Twitter, NFL Network, or by posting on this forum. So why does Jake get hate for it?

I think a lot of fans are angry and sad and who knows what other emotions over AD99 is retiring early, after such an amazing start to the off-season, and are re-directing that frustration etc. at Jake, which isn't right or fair. The Rams looked like legit contenders. Now it's a lot more uncertain I'm with you. It friggin' sucks.

The fact he even has at least 1 insider now (I am assuming that he does, and didn't just getting lucky) is super cool. He started as just another fan and now has an ear in the Rams' building. How many of us would not want to have that inside access?

He is 100% right when he says he cannot give too much of a sneak peak re: pissing off his sources. Rule #1 of sports journalism.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
And you have no idea how to be a respected media analyst.
The second he announced it? You mean like ESPN and a bunch of other sites?

BTW, not a hater. Just not a fan. Don't quit you day job.
This is my day job and I make a very good living. Thanks

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jake, some constructive criticism if you will - in the first :30 of this podcast you say you “warned” us there was going to be something big. A warning is cautionary that something negative could happen. This is not how you worded your posts here so I can see where people could feel misled. I respect you, especially since you have come a long way from your awkward beginnings. However, if you want to be in the inside scoop/breaking news business, let this be a learning experience on the nuances of setting expectations if you want to be taken seriously.
I appreciate this. I will definitely go about things differently next time. Thank you for the constructive criticism. And for watching!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Nah no chance. He knowingly came in here talked up the Rams were after a couple big names that had been thrown around here for a long time. Then without skipping a beat or changing tone he promotes some insider information on a huge move. Never once hinting that it wasn't a signing or a trade or even that it was bad news. He doubled down and went further promoting his inside info and it was huge. Still never hinting at we might not like it.

Nobody is upset with the person that first posted the tweet with the retirement info on it, frankly I can't remember who started the thread and I don't care tbh. Further dispelling the disdain for Jake. He chose the tone and how he would deliver the message then he runs to twitter and plays the victim. He further shows how low he is by claiming it's hate. A childish claim to say the least, there's no hate there's only anger at being trolled. Trolling by the way I'm pretty sure is something not allowed here but hey he's a youtube content creator claiming to be a media member so he gets away with it.

I don't hate Jake and I doubt very seriously anybody else around here does either. I pity him because he felt the need to do what he did over the last week. Then he made it worse by playing the victim in his safe space on twitter. Best of luck to him but I certainly won't be following him or putting any thought into him at all after this. No room for people who act the way he did especially then claiming to be a victim after abusing the feelings of Rams fans here on ROD.
I dont need you anyway. Didn’t run to twitter. Its not just ROD giving me shit. Quite honestly dont care who hates me or not

Status
Not open for further replies.