Dotson Staying with Rams: 3yrs, $48M / $32M Guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I am cool with Jake. The dude is a die hard Rams fan, so why would I hate on that?

He spends a lot of time and effort making content. I extremely rarely consume it, because I already have my go to guys, but if he wants to put in the effort to try and make it in the game, why hate on him for it?

If a well known NFL Insider said "big Rams news coming this week", without specifying if it was good or bad, nobody would have hated, whether he made that announcement via Twitter, NFL Network, or by posting on this forum. So why does Jake get hate for it?

I think a lot of fans are angry and sad and who knows what other emotions over AD99 is retiring early, after such an amazing start to the off-season, and are re-directing that frustration etc. at Jake, which isn't right or fair. The Rams looked like legit contenders. Now it's a lot more uncertain I'm with you. It friggin' sucks.

The fact he even has at least 1 insider now (I am assuming that he does, and didn't just getting lucky) is super cool. He started as just another fan and now has an ear in the Rams' building. How many of us would not want to have that inside access?

He is 100% right when he says he cannot give too much of a sneak peak re: pissing off his sources. Rule #1 of sports journalism.
I appreciate you. Well said!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Quite honestly dont care who hates me or not
Well look at that. A step towards being a respected analyst. And coupled with your cryptic post that ended up being a ball kicker, you're bound to get clicks from both sides. The fans and as you say, the haters. I'm currently neither but you are a Ram fan so....

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well look at that. A step towards being a respected analyst. And coupled with your cryptic post that ended up being a ball kicker, you're bound to get clicks from both sides. The fans and as you say, the haters. I'm currently neither but you are a Ram fan so....
I never really followed him for his content, but I will say it was hilarious and a bit embarrassing watching him on X, arguing with Lions fans and not just letting go of the fact that the Rams lost. It went on for weeks and he became a laughing stock.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I never really followed him for his content, but I will say it was hilarious and a bit embarrassing watching him on X, arguing with Lions fans and not just letting go of the fact that the Rams lost. It went on for weeks and he became a laughing stock.
I don't know anything about that. But I guess I'm too old. I don't follow anyone. I click on this website and RFU because there are so many passionate, diehard, intelligent Ram fans with different perspectives and opinions. I like my opinions to be challenged and I enjoy challenging others. It's stimulating and refreshing. More so than reading ESPN or watching NFLTalk, or following somebody on X, etc. though I gotta say, I enjoy Eisen and Cowhard a lot. None of them know who in the hell the Rams are going to trade for, sign or pick in the draft. And they don't pretend to know but that's okay because eventually, we find out.:biggrin:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Yeah I’m sure you enjoyed watching people dox my home address and send me death threats too

WestCoastRam

Legend
@JKBOGEN, hey man. You do what you do. People definitely have their thoughts on it. Maybe it's worth it to just get off the board for a bit. This stuff is getting pretty circular.

Good luck with your stuff.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
IMHO the responsibly way to have reported this would have been for Jack to say something like there is news coming and Rams fans may want to brace themselves because it is not good. Instead, he led fans to believe that the Rams were on the verge of signing a big-time player. Plain and simple irresponsible reporting by Jake, come on fella ROD deserves better!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
IMHO the responsibly way to have reported this would have been for Jack to say something like there is news coming and Rams fans may want to brace themselves because it is not good. Instead, he led fans to believe that the Rams were on the verge of signing a big-time player. Plain and simple irresponsible reporting by Jake, come on fella ROD deserves better!
You do realize if I said it was BAD it would have been given away and I never would be able to be sourced news again right? I did the best I could based on the parameters I was given. Had I said it was bad everyone would have said AD is retiring. That’s the only thing I was told I couldn’t do.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
They have I’m sure. I haven’t been attacked yet. Although getting a picture of your house posted on Twitter is spooky to say the least. Spookier than the address
Just a question, has anybody ever followed through with their death threats on social media?

dang

Legend
Sounds like a criticism of what he posted. Which is on point I think.
So last post for me on this subject.

Jake -
You may not have been intentional but your posts were misleading and I think you should have picked up on that. On the other hand I applaud your dedication to the Rams so live and learn and become the best that you can as it certainly sounds like you have a passion for it.

All Others -
I think any displeasure and disappointment in how Jake communicated this situation has been clearly stated. So I’d like to see this forum move forward. Bullying is no joke in todays social media world.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bullying is no joke in todays social media world.
BS. Getting called on your shit is appropriate and good. It keeps people honest.

If Jake is smart he will learn from it in fact. Vice dissembling and excuse making and trying to demonize those giving him shit. I don't know how he's handling it so that's why my statement is broad here. I don't follow him on twitter and I don't see his posts any longer. Life's too short to waste your time on such BS.

Now if he was a regularly contributing member who gives to the board his time and effort I might feel differently. But anyway. My last post on the subject as well.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Cmon now, he said his life was threatened. Jeez.
Well, not saying that is right, but the guy was relentless talking shit to Lions fans. I mean give it a rest and take the L. Move on.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Guys, let's stop arguing. This is a Kevin Dotson thread.

So let me just say, I can't wait for our offensive line to completely bully the San Fran 69ers! A-Jax, J-Jax, Avila, Dotson, and Havenstein...that's a hell of a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.