Dotson Staying with Rams: 3yrs, $48M / $32M Guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
You do realize if I said it was BAD it would have been given away and I never would be able to be sourced news again right? I did the best I could based on the parameters I was given. Had I said it was bad everyone would have said AD is retiring. That’s the only thing I was told I couldn’t do.
You do realize that you posted it in a free agency thread and right in the middle/during conversations about additions being made. You even responded to people who were making comments about additions based on your comments and pushing that thought process. Basically bating posters and teasing them into thinking a big add was coming. Seriously you have no ability to read the room whatsoever.

It’s like a guy telling his wife he was just having a drink & social conversations - no interest/intention of cheating. Ignoring the fact he was having that drink with a hooker in her hotel room.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ever heard of domestic violence

I obviously wasn't talking about domestic violence situations. I was gonna put a disclaimer in my post but I thought everyone would assume it was about fans on social media talking shit.

Lesson learnt.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
BS. Getting called on your shit is appropriate and good. It keeps people honest.

If Jake is smart he will learn from it in fact. Vice dissembling and excuse making and trying to demonize those giving him shit. I don't know how he's handling it so that's why my statement is broad here. I don't follow him on twitter and I don't see his posts any longer. Life's too short to waste your time on such BS.

Now if he was a regularly contributing member who gives to the board his time and effort I might feel differently. But anyway. My last post on the subject as well.
Sorry I’m not a regular contributor I post content for a living I post when I can

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It sucks that AD is gone. I'm thrilled that we have a good offensive line. Jake may not have handled the AD thing perfectly.

I'm ready for the draft now ... why do we have to wait?

Learn from it jake and good luck in your career. It wasn't awesome, but I don't think anything negative was intentional.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What is trolling?​

“Trolling is when someone posts or comments online to ‘bait’ people, which means deliberately provoking an argument or emotional reaction.”

Many posters have been banned or temp banned for less. Inexcusable imo

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Good lord, can everyone shut the fuck up?

Y’all are losing your minds about a young YouTuber being less than elegant about a really big deal (if he fucks up and tells too much, he’s dead to the Rams and has no future beyond what he’s doing now)

Btw, for those paying attention, this is a Dotson thread. Y’all new here? First day on forums? C’mon… 1) relax, 2) take it to the appropriate thread

For all us old heads out here, can we also just remember a very apropos saying from the past when someone would waste our time bitching about a show on TV? If you don’t like it, just change the channel.

No one is compelled to respond and all this personal bullshit is really distracting from being able to process the news, GIVE TRUE HONOR AND RESPECT TO THE GOAT, and try in our individual ways to look forward.

This is supposed to be fun, y’all. If you don’t like something, move on. Don’t like someone, block them and… move on.

I don’t envy the mods the way some are testing the board lately and I really wish folks cared more about keeping this place hospitable than celebrating Festivus every time someone posts something or in a way they don’t like.

We can all, myself included, do better. MUCH better.

Go Rams!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Him yawning during his recent interview had me laughing my ass off. Just a normal ass dude that loves ball.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
How so? He wasn't lying, it just wasn't the type of news we wanted to hear
Sorry but that was weak in my eyes. Could have hinted it had nothing to do with a FA signing and left it at that. He led us to believe it was related to a FA signing

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Like I said, the only thing worse than shitting on Ram fans in that way..........posting "big news coming!!!" in a thread where fans are talking about acquisitions..........is admitting to it.

First, he mentioned "Danielle Hunter is their priority", then in response to El Chapo (who was fucking defending him) talking about surprises, he says "there's a big one coming this week". Of course that would imply a big signing to most fans participating in that thread. He goes on to mislead fans by saying "Danielle is someone I've heard a lot about. Brian Burns as well." NO SHIT? Whether you're reading ROD or RFU, those 2 names come up almost as frequently as McVay or Snead. Big scoop. And so that must be what he's talking about right? An acquisition! Then....he tells somebody "not all INSIDE information comes from McVay and Snead". He's got his own 'insiders'. My question here is did his 'insider' tell him "AD is calling it quits" or did he just say, "big news on a big name is forthcoming this week"? Because if he actually knew AD was retiring he would have said, "BAD news coming this week". "Not allowed to share" (or unable to share because all he was told is "big name") "this kind of info, just stay tuned" (maybe listen to his podcast?) "it's big news coming this week. The purpose is to let you know BIG NEWS is coming this week". (This week? The first week of free agency? Big news! Whoda thunk it?) So my bet is he didn't know shit, other than it was a "big name" and misplayed it badly (bigger than Shelton or Noteboom). He figured we felt "it would be nice to be informed something big is coming". "It's a major name. It's coming this week." Yeah, I thought it was really nice to get everybody's hopes up Hunter or Burns or some other BIG NAME was going to sign with the Rams. Finally, "this was the BIG NEWS. Unfortunately". Yeah unfortunately he played it wrong. He was told BIG NEWS was coming and he also thought it was an acquisition. And in an attempt to bolster his cred, he put it out there but he's simply shown he knows someone who teases him with ambiguous tidbits. No names. No real "inside information". Just enough to get people to listen to his podcasts, I suppose. Good job! Thanks! Fuck your podcasts.
I wouldn't say defending him completely. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pissed that this is the big news and that he fucked with us big time. That's not cool at all in my book. Whatever gets thrown his way from this forum, he clearly earned it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. I break news and the majority go “well its Jake so it probably isn’t true” then I tell y’all something big is coming and you are like wow Jake way to lead us on. I never said if it was good or bad, I never said if it was a trade or signing. I could have been better in explaining it but if I did you have guessed AD. I wasn’t allowed to break AD’s news. Like I’ve said, I’m used to be hated on whether here or Reddit. It’s all good. I’ll continue to make content. You want to support? Great. You don’t want to support? Totally fine. I’m not stopping either way. ‍
I honestly wouldn't have guessed it was AD but that's just me.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN

What is trolling?​

“Trolling is when someone posts or comments online to ‘bait’ people, which means deliberately provoking an argument or emotional reaction.”

Many posters have been banned or temp banned for less. Inexcusable imo
Then ban me. I’ll live either way. Just was asked to start posting on here. Get shit no matter what I do. People like you are just miserable and quite honestly the bane of what a forum should be. Seriously just ban me if you want. I’m over this interaction.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
IMHO the responsibly way to have reported this would have been for Jack to say something like there is news coming and Rams fans may want to brace themselves because it is not good. Instead, he led fans to believe that the Rams were on the verge of signing a big-time player. Plain and simple irresponsible reporting by Jake, come on fella ROD deserves better!
Except then we would have guessed that AD was retiring. Fans here are too intelligent not to guess that if told bad news is coming. And then he would lose his source.

The best play is to do what Jourdan did...just allude to hearing whispers about Donald but not saying anything conclusive, good or bad, is going to happen. (even though she got hate too.)

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say defending him completely. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pissed that this is the big news and that he fucked with us big time. That's not cool at all in my book. Whatever gets thrown his way from this forum, he clearly earned it.
Ok I'll amend this part about deserving whatever comes his way as I read more of this thread. No one deserves death threats or any physical threats of any kind so it is sad and unfortunate to hear that part. We can be upset with how this all went down, but I'll at least try to keep it as respectful as possible. At the end of the day, what's done is done. Hopefully it's used as a learning moment and everyone moves on without holding crazy grudges. Life is too short to do that, but respectfully, to each their own.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok I'll amend this part about deserving whatever comes his way as I read more of this thread. No one deserves death threats or any physical threats of any kind so it is sad and unfortunate to hear that part. We can be upset with how this all went down, but I'll at least try to keep it as respectful as possible. At the end of the day, what's done is done. Hopefully it's used as a learning moment and everyone moves on without holding crazy grudges. Life is too short to do that, but respectfully, to each their own.
Nobody deserves violence at all ever end of discussion. Anybody offering or suggesting that need help.

But idiotic trolls like this absolutely deserve to be called out for it. For somebody to think them coming in here and doing that is a constructive way to contribute to the board is again idiotic. There are so many better ways this hint of his could have been delivered it's hard for me to fathom the way it was done actually being done for any reason other than trolling.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Except then we would have guessed that AD was retiring. Fans here are too intelligent not to guess that if told bad news is coming. And then he would lose his source.
Would we? That would have been at the top of the list. But it would have been a list wouldn't it? AD retiring. An off season injury to somebody.....Kupp. Puka.....or a setback to a recovery....Higbee. Or rumors of Alaric getting a mega deal we couldn't match. Some UFA failing a physical......Jonah Jackson?

Hell, a brand new thread entitled "bad news coming" probably would have elicited multiple guesses beyond AD retiring. More importantly, it certainly wouldn't have led to expectations for a huge UFA signing. But now it's water under the bridge.

I'm actually surprised with something as important as keeping a lid on such epic news, an 'insider' passed along specific information anyway. Hell, Jourdan who may be the most sourced Rams reporter, may have been given a heads up and actually warned us it beared monitoring. Makes me respect her reporting even more.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Nice going Jake. I've never seen such a highly controversial bold-faced stretch of the truth since.... since...

darth.jpg
jake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.