Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It really is. The talk years back made me laugh of those here calling Goff and elite QB and then chastising anybody who said anything otherwise. Where are they now? smh. The same exact posters who are 100% dug in and won't hear anything else because that means they are wrong. As is our society now. Tribalism at it's finest.
186155ffe3e84bb507cb12e9b25d191e.gif

69Rp.gif

You would think the answer to this would be common sense with an average ram fan but common sense is not very common sometimes. What changed?
NDsZhQ.gif

An All Pro RB that hid or at least covered the deficiencies of an average to an above average QB that cannot produce without a Pro Bowl line, a All Pro RB, and a deep threat.

People like Easterby strike me as an egotistical billionaire (in general) as most are and say and do as they please. I'm thinking this is why he didn't hold his own promises to Deshaun hole, although who knows maybe for some weird reason he wants him out? I'm thinking the former is way more likely observing fantastically wealthy individuals.

Either way whatever team it is Watson goes to I'm thinking along your mindset is they have not damage controlled this and have screwed the pooch in devaluing what their compensation they get back in return is. Going to be interesting how this turns out.

Easterby isn't the owner. He's the Littlefinger type dude. He was the "character coach" in New England and wormed his way into "VP of Team Development". AFTER Watson was upset about finding out about the Caserio hiring on social media which meant these deeply religious people not only lied to his face, but didn't even give him the courtesy of a call about what they did... they then PROMOTED this "team chaplain" in effect to EVP of Football Operations... He's now Caserios BOSS. This guy is a smarmy pseudo-religious scam artist shit bag who has a weak owner's ear.

Reminds me of Wormtongue...
easterby-.jpg

iu

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It bothers me when people think players can’t make demands and come out on top. It didn’t work for Elway, Eli Manning, Dickerson, Bettis, Faulk, Moss, Montana to name a few. What do I know, my junior decoded pin never came in the mail.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Holy shit can you imagine being a Texans fan right now? Oh wait yes we all can. :ROFLMAO:

Thank God those days are gone.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sullivan was a turnstile in the SB and deteriorating with age.
Yes did I say anything different? Ever since McVay became coach we've needed a center and he's yet to get one that was any good.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Holy shit can you imagine being a Texans fan right now? Oh wait yes we all can. :ROFLMAO:

Thank God those days are gone.

“One telling example of that came at the end of the 1983 season when the Rams were destroyed 51-7 by the Washington Redskins in an NFC divisional playoff game.
"We're walking out of the locker room after that thrashing with big Cabbage Patch dolls under our arms," Slater said. "She gave 'em to us for Christmas...”

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Bleacher Report put out a tweet that the Rams are in exploratory talks with multiple teams.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928967-jared-goff-trade-rumors-rams-open-exploratory-talks-with-multiple-teams

I think I'm realizing that the Stafford stuff might be real, but only as a contingency for not being able to get Watson.

I also think there may be a MEGA trade brewing that would include Watson and Watt, but we'd be sending a bunch of picks and players (we can mitigate Watt's salary with an extension of a year or two).

Taking Watt off their hands (Houston is open to trading him now) would really help their cap situation and may facilitate the trade...

I dunno.

It's the silly season on a kilo of coke on a 4 day bender right now...

Agreed, Mac, insofar as I could imagine a Watson trade being ENORMOUS, with many moving parts. Given the huge stakes, the huge salaries, the huge cap hits... there could be multiple players and picks (on both sides) involved.

I’ll admit it, I’m allowing myself to get my hopes up... mainly just because of Ramsey’s comments that Watson wants to be in LA.

But yeah, Snead and McVay have proven beyond a doubt that they are willing to “go big” with off-season trades. I definitely think it’s possible they could pull off the biggest trade in NFL history for Watson. I’m not saying it’s “probable”, but my guess is they are working their butts off to try to make it happen.

Sure as hell wish I could be a fly on the wall when McVay and Ramsey have a private little chat. “Because of tampering rules I can’t say anything to Watson directly, but if you happen to talk to him, maybe you could mention.....”

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Yes did I say anything different? Ever since McVay became coach we've needed a center and he's yet to get one that was any good.
I apologize if the meaning behind my post was unclear. By no means am I being passive-agressive....

You said "an upgrade at center that people have been asking for since McVay didn't resign Sullivan;" there was missing context so I simply filled it in. The way the sentence was structured makes it possible to read as if Sullivan was let go and the position was back-filled with talent sub-par to him. Prime Sullivan? Yes, our current position play is sub-par, obviously so. SB Sullivan? Ehhhh....it's a wash? Maybe?

Anyways my man, while I understood what you meant, in this forum one has to be crystal clear on intent and purpose or people with half a brain and 1 thimble-full of football knowledge will start challenging you with the most baseless, absurd ideas that even a complete novice could dissect.....thats my experience anyways; I'm just trying to help a homie out. I'm sure you already know all of this and don't need my help at all. Maybe next time I'll just quit while I'm still ahead.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Demoff's going to have to do a lot of work on the cap. Down $27mil now, add another $22.5 for Goff and then pay Watson his $16mil this year. Seems like a lot of players are going to have to restructure their deals pushing a lot of salary into future years that we'll have no first round picks.

Well, with the Rollover, it's $20M, so that's $7M right there.

also you're numbers aren't quite right.

Goff's 2021 cap hit if he remains on the Rams: $34.625M
Goff's 2021 cap hit if traded by 3/17/21: $22.5M
Watson's 2021 salary 2021: $10.54M

Net: Rams save $1.585M in 2021.

And that INCLUDES the cap hit from Goff being traded.

That was the last time I looked at Spotrac.com

For some reason in the last day, the numbers have shifted up by like $7M and It's gonna take me a bit to figure out what happened.

Anyway, point being that the Trade for Watson actually helps with the cap. The cap isn't the issue for this trade.

The issue will be meeting the Texans' demands.

And even without this trade, the Rams were already going to have to restructure things to get under the cap... just like 1/3rd of the NFL.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I still don't see how they will cut the cap like that and the NFLPA not say a word? You shouldn't be able to just cut the cap it not right for players that won't get a job if cut or because there are a plethora of players available that cannot be signed. And not that I give a crap about the taints but they are like 109 million over what do you do just tell players your all cut and take less? I can't see how that works. The cap is predicated on a certain number every year with an annual increase to suddenly decrease it by over 25 million on each team seems that it's not palatable not to mention they are playing 17 games this year with the extra playoff game. This won't fly.

All that said the players played and will play and at great risk to there own health and families so I don't see how this flies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
“One telling example of that came at the end of the 1983 season when the Rams were destroyed 51-7 by the Washington Redskins in an NFC divisional playoff game.
"We're walking out of the locker room after that thrashing with big Cabbage Patch dolls under our arms," Slater said. "She gave 'em to us for Christmas...”
Yeah man just crazy lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a hunch but don't count on the $175 million number.

Yeah, that would be devastating to a good chunk of the NFL. I'd guess they spread their losses and have a cap closer to $190 million this year. With new TV deals around the corner, they can afford to spread the losses into future years.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
That game was very painful, we came back to relevance to be absolutely destroyed in the divisional playoffs, hard game to watch.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Floor is $175 million
The NFL and NFLPA reached an agreement late last week where the 2021 salary cap will have a floor of $175 million. The revenue loss will be spread out the next three years. If revenues are better than expected, the 2021 salary cap could be higher. This year's salary cap will remain at $198.2 million.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that would be devastating to a good chunk of the NFL. I'd guess they spread their losses and have a cap closer to $190 million this year. With new TV deals around the corner, they can afford to spread the losses into future years.
I think they'll keep it as is for 2 or 3 years until the union speaks up and they raise it again. The NFLPA will not allow so many of their guys to be cut because of this a deal will be made. No increase for a few years is workable for everybody. You figure it's gone up about $10 million a year the last few years so 2-3 years should cover the difference between the $175m and what is it $198 now?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right but it says a "floor" not a ceiling. So that means what??? They keep saying a floor but does that mean there's a ceiling like keep the current cap. I guess I'm not too bright.
It means if they have to lower it that was the number the Owners and NFLPA agreed on would be the worst case scenario. We know though that TV revenues are going up. I'd wager a slower growth with the new deal to offset the cut people are assuming that floor number means.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Just a hunch but don't count on the $175 million number.

There's been word from reporters who've talked with owners that some want it to be around $180 which would basically put all the pain in 2021, but with 1/3rd of the league over and most of the league unable to take advantage as they'll be very near the cap... I'm sure the NFLPA is gonna argue for a lesser reduction and/or a cap freeze...

But even if they don't, I agree that it's gonna be $180M or more...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I still don't see how they will cut the cap like that and the NFLPA not say a word? You shouldn't be able to just cut the cap it not right for players that won't get a job if cut or because there are a plethora of players available that cannot be signed. And not that I give a crap about the taints but they are like 109 million over what do you do just tell players your all cut and take less? I can't see how that works. The cap is predicated on a certain number every year with an annual increase to suddenly decrease it by over 25 million on each team seems that it's not palatable not to mention they are playing 17 games this year with the extra playoff game. This won't fly.

All that said the players played and will play and at great risk to there own health and families so I don't see how this flies.

Saints are $93.7M over... which is INSANE... Granted, they have moves they can make, but Brees' retirement only saves them $14M on the cap... so they gonna have a LOT to think about...

Even if the cap were frozen... Saints would be in wicked bad trouble...

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It means if they have to lower it that was the number the Owners and NFLPA agreed on would be the worst case scenario. We know though that TV revenues are going up. I'd wager a slower growth with the new deal to offset the cut people are assuming that floor number means.

Thanks man