Demoff on Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dear Kevin D. I hope you still visit & read in here....As you can see, Rams fans still care...I hope...as a 40 year fan, I hope you at least consider some of these excellent thoughts on your comments. ED is a rams great. One of the best RB's I have ever seen. He's not crazy. He knows football.

Who wrote that crap?
What crap? I forgot what I was commenting on 65...oh I remember...that's a quote from Kevin D. When asked about Fisher....

Personally, I think he's just playing...a rouse...can't say much with 5 games left. But the media is going crazy with this Eric Dickerson v. Jeff Fisher...

2012: 18.7 PPG (25th) (Schotty)
2013: 21.8 PPG (21st) (Schotty)
2014: 20.3 PPG (21st) (Schotty)
2015: 17.5 PPG (29th) (Cignetti)
2016: 15.5 PPG (32nd) (Boras)
I was gonnna say Schotty > Cigs....Cigs > Boras....by a wider margin than I'd ever imagined. Maybe Boras & Cigs could get better. But I don't know...OC is kinda a thing where, you either got it, or you don't....

Fisher needs to go and I am glad the public pressure is mounting.
Thank Eric Dickerson personally...he has a radio show and a twitter account. He has brought this coaching situation to the forefront in the media. This weeks game is huge for Fisher...and for Stan K. I think if we get embarrassed, something will pop in week 13 or 14.

Fisher is going nowhere no matter how many times people on the internet scream it.
How bout a screaming HOF ex Ram RB???
Hopefully you'll hang in there while Goff comes around, does Fisher get credit for drafting him?
Hmm...I guess...It was an easy decision after moving up...Now had we stayed at 15, and drafted a QB later...and had a better overall team, you give credit for that.

He's our teams football coach and he hasn't been good enough at that job but he is getting the kind of hate that people should save for actually bad people like Greg Hardy, Aaron Hernandez, Tom Brady, Jerry Sanduski or Pete Carroll - you know, the worst..
I had to really laugh at this BN!:ROFLMAO::snicker: You got some terrible names up there....Ole Uncle Pete & Brady tho....LOLOL, not monsters but bad people. LOLOLOLOL

Just shows fans are not to be listened to when running a franchise they are too emotional and don't know jack crap about what it takes.
Is Eric Dickerson a fan? Is he to emotional? How about some other ex-players? These other coaches?

I don't know what to tell you Bart...Every day I see you defend Fish. I think you were defending Case too... And I'm trying to see why? What makes you think things will change for the better? What has Fisher shown you as a COACH?
my likes:
I like how the team plays hard...
my problems:
the schemes for offense and defense...meh...
the execution....offense meh...defense ok...
the public statements....lean too much towards excuses...double meh...
the failure to be prepared to play out of division teams? the lack of discipline? the guys he hires, mainly the person that reviews plays to throw the challenge flag...the playing down to opponents...playing not to lose...

when do we make a change then? if not this year? 2020? 2021?? 2022??? what should we expect next year? who should be held accountable THIS year ( not poor Boras)?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What about the first 4 years? You know, the three years that every other team gives a HC to turn a team from a horrific loser into a playoff team, at the very least? Fisher has turned around a 2-14 team under Spags, to the 7-8-1 high-water mark with the Rams....and then we gave him another year beyond that, and we achieved 7-9. Is turning a horrific team into a barely mediocre team in four years, what we call acceptable?

Somebody shoot me, and right now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could copy it for you but you can scroll back up and read what you posted
Please do, If I didn't say, "Ron Rivera inherited a team that was 2-14 the year before, which had the worst offense and 3rd worst defense. And they were 12-4 and in the playoffs in his 3rd year."
I'll eat my hat

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had to really laugh at this BN!:ROFLMAO::snicker: You got some terrible names up there....Ole Uncle Pete & Brady tho....LOLOL, not monsters but bad people. LOLOLOLOL

Well just because we're all miserable doesn't mean we can't still be humorous about it!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Here's an ugly thought. The Rams retain a 6- 10 head coach, The Chargers pass on moving to Los Angeles, and a 13-3 Raiders team announces they will be exercising their right to return to Los Angeles. Talk about losing market momentum...
Wouldn't that be a killer? Stan's team getting punked in the stadium he built.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Dear Kevin D. I hope you still visit & read in here....As you can see, Rams fans still care...I hope...as a 40 year fan, I hope you at least consider some of these excellent thoughts on your comments. ED is a rams great. One of the best RB's I have ever seen. He's not crazy. He knows football.

What crap? I forgot what I was commenting on 65...oh I remember...that's a quote from Kevin D. When asked about Fisher....

Personally, I think he's just playing...a rouse...can't say much with 5 games left. But the media is going crazy with this Eric Dickerson v. Jeff Fisher...

I was gonnna say Schotty > Cigs....Cigs > Boras....by a wider margin than I'd ever imagined. Maybe Boras & Cigs could get better. But I don't know...OC is kinda a thing where, you either got it, or you don't....

Thank Eric Dickerson personally...he has a radio show and a twitter account. He has brought this coaching situation to the forefront in the media. This weeks game is huge for Fisher...and for Stan K. I think if we get embarrassed, something will pop in week 13 or 14.

How bout a screaming HOF ex Ram RB???
Hmm...I guess...It was an easy decision after moving up...Now had we stayed at 15, and drafted a QB later...and had a better overall team, you give credit for that.

Is Eric Dickerson a fan? Is he to emotional? How about some other ex-players? These other coaches?

I don't know what to tell you Bart...Every day I see you defend Fish. I think you were defending Case too... And I'm trying to see why? What makes you think things will change for the better? What has Fisher shown you as a COACH?
my likes:
I like how the team plays hard...
my problems:
the schemes for offense and defense...meh...
the execution....offense meh...defense ok...
the public statements....lean too much towards excuses...double meh...
the failure to be prepared to play out of division teams? the lack of discipline? the guys he hires, mainly the person that reviews plays to throw the challenge flag...the playing down to opponents...playing not to lose...

when do we make a change then? if not this year? 2020? 2021?? 2022??? what should we expect next year? who should be held accountable THIS year ( not poor Boras)?
I think Groh has made a big difference and will continue to show more as Goff grows. This to me shows Fisher understands there is a need for improvement, the new DC and OCs shows he is willing to make changes to the staff.

I don't know how they walk the line with today's athlete between being too heavy handed and being a players coach. The CBA sucks and hurts with the development of young players especially QBs. Accountability for what? and to who? Are they executing the plan as developed by Kronke and the leadership team? Are they better now than at the beginning of the year? How much fan discontent is acceptable?

There are just too many things we fans know nothing about.

ED is one of my favorites but he gets no slack from me, a real team guy would have never let this crap see the light of day.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He’s a terrific leader of men,” Demoff said. “Players, coaches and staff — he has their complete respect in the way he runs the franchise. It’s easy to talk about the record, but you have to take a snapshot of everything this year and give him the credit that he’s due.

“The past two years, he’s had to deal with the specter of relocation. This year, the actual relocation. A couple of coaches have had to deal with the specter of relocation. No coach has had to deal with an actual relocation. You have try to understand what this team has been through and the success he has had."
http://ramblinfan.com/2016/11/29/kevin-demoff-almost-guarantees-jeff-fisher-extension/

Don't think fish is going no where
Your bottom line may be correct, BUT If he finishes at anything less than 8-8 he's gone! JMO!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think Groh has made a big difference and will continue to show more as Goff grows. This to me shows Fisher understands there is a need for improvement, the new DC and OCs shows he is willing to make changes to the staff.

I don't know how they walk the line with today's athlete between being too heavy handed and being a players coach. The CBA sucks and hurts with the development of young players especially QBs. Accountability for what? and to who? Are they executing the plan as developed by Kronke and the leadership team? Are they better now than at the beginning of the year? How much fan discontent is acceptable?

There are just too many things we fans know nothing about.

ED is one of my favorites but he gets no slack from me, a real team guy would have never let this crap see the light of day.
I actually don't know what Groh is doing...The passing plays look better. I have a problem with the way the plays are set up...The in game adjustments...Again, we just look stagnant after the opponents see what we wanna do...Is that Boras? Does Groh suggest things like, there taking away this, lets try that? of does he just sit up there with Weinke with his mouth shut? game after game?
Make changes? Okay...if you make change but the results stay the same, what do you do then? Who do you look at? Become the businessman....not the fan...what do you look at next? They have a type of computer program...it analyses things...diagram style... a way of trouble shooting problems...very prevalent in shipping..sure it would work here...from top to bottom...
Listen, the job to do is convince the guys on the team to get together on their OWN...That's the only way to get this offense up to speed. We need a REAL leader....A real QB...that knows the plays...hell, Weinke & Groh should sneak over and help them. boudreau should go over to LeCharles Bentley's house...find out what's not working...
Accountability...the overall record is the final sign of accountability...no matter what your efforts are...the results speak for themselves on Sunday.
The article above showed we haven't had less than 83K attend a game....Do you think Stan wants to wait and do something when attendance reaches 40K before making changes?

ED....as real as they come...he always says...if you don't want the truth...his truth...don't ask him...gotta respect that...and gotta respect the way he played.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Ron Rivera inherited a team that was 2-14 the year before, which had the worst offense and 3rd worst defense. And they were 12-4 and in the playoffs in his 3rd year.
He drafted a QB with his 1st pick who ran nothing close to resembling an NFL offense in college, who started only 1 season and was replacing a QB that was drafted with a 2nd round pick the year before. Rivera put him in right away and he paid immediate dividends
So are you crediting Ron Rivera or Cam Newton?

Psycho_X

Legend
I've written about 8 different posts to this thread at different intervals of its existence and had to just erase them and leave because I simply can't talk about Demoff without getting into his lies and shadiness and that turns into emotional ranting so I'm going to try and avoid it past this first sentence. :)

But there is so much to point out with his comments I'm going to stick to two points.
1) Kevin Demoff's father is Jeff Fisher's agent. Enough said right there, even if he was going to fire Fisher after his interview he's not going to say anything bad or negative about him. And that also adds additional leverage for Fisher that other coaches might not get.

2) The Rams are like an expansion team? Really? No, expansion teams start with nothing. Believe it or not the Rams have had 4 years of drafts and free agents to fill out this roster under the current regime. Yes, winning was about the last thing on their list of priorities during those 4 years so if you want to say you've failed to build a team in 4 years better than what an expansion team has to do in 1 offseason that's fair. And I know he wants to just erase the time they were in St. Louis from existence like it didn't happen. But unfortunately the failure is there for everyone to see.

tldr: Don't blame a 5th year of failure on relocation like you were dealt a shitty hand.

Well, it was toned down ranting at least. :)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

After 5 years of Fisher being here, it's not unreasonable to expect our offense to be better than #32.

Furthermore, 1 year after Gurley won rookie of the year, it's not unreasonable to believe he'd at least equal his production from last year with a full offseason and no rehabbing. It's not unreasonable to expect out OL to have improved from the year before either, especially the young guys having another year of experience under their belt.

But I agree they should have put Goff in earlier, and should have definitely made getting him ready as priority #1.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I actually don't know what Groh is doing...The passing plays look better. I have a problem with the way the plays are set up...The in game adjustments...Again, we just look stagnant after the opponents see what we wanna do...Is that Boras? Does Groh suggest things like, there taking away this, lets try that? of does he just sit up there with Weinke with his mouth shut? game after game?
Make changes? Okay...if you make change but the results stay the same, what do you do then? Who do you look at? Become the businessman....not the fan...what do you look at next? They have a type of computer program...it analyses things...diagram style... a way of trouble shooting problems...very prevalent in shipping..sure it would work here...from top to bottom...
Listen, the job to do is convince the guys on the team to get together on their OWN...That's the only way to get this offense up to speed. We need a REAL leader....A real QB...that knows the plays...hell, Weinke & Groh should sneak over and help them. boudreau should go over to LeCharles Bentley's house...find out what's not working...
Accountability...the overall record is the final sign of accountability...no matter what your efforts are...the results speak for themselves on Sunday.
The article above showed we haven't had less than 83K attend a game....Do you think Stan wants to wait and do something when attendance reaches 40K before making changes?

ED....as real as they come...he always says...if you don't want the truth...his truth...don't ask him...gotta respect that...and gotta respect the way he played.
If you are only talking about win loss record as results that leaves a lot of variables unaccounted for in that computer program. I would love for the CBA to be different and hope there are adjustments that allow more offseason coaching. The way it is right now they would get hung for having the coaches interact, I think Seattle lost a draft pick for something like that.
There is no doubt that the defense is better with Williams I don't even remember the guys name he replaced. Weinke I don't know what he does but it seemed he had some good publicity in his private QB training before the Rams brought him on board. I do agree that the offense does not seem to be able to make adjustments well, is that because of the limitations at QB? The lack of being able to run the ball? Too many penalties? All of the above??
I don't know what Stan wants or expects but from Demoffs quotes it seems they are on track for what they expected. He's always been a stand up guy and I do not think he is fronting, I think their expectations are that this team with consistency and another year in the system will be competing for the playoffs. I don't think they weren't trying this year, I think they knew it was going to be a battle and it would take perfect play and taking advantage of good health and circumstances. That hasn't panned out during the middle part of the season but they have Goff in there now and it looks like he is ready to start leading the offense. 21 points in the first half with a turn over looked like that offense was just fine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And here's something that really undermines your argument, there are quite a few Panthers fans that want Rivera fired. They're tired of the inconsistency. The man is coming off a 15-1 season and a Super Bowl appearance. He has 3 playoff appearances under his belt as a HC (hired the year before Fisher). He has two 12+ win seasons. AND PANTHERS FANS WANT HIM GONE.

Yet, here we are with 0 Super Bowl appearances, 0 12+ win seasons, 0 playoff appearances, 0 winning seasons, and 0 .500 seasons under Fisher after 5 years. And you actually want to act like we're being unreasonable for wanting him gone? That's nuts.
Personally, all you are showing here is that fans are fans. They are not reasonable - nor should they believe they know better or have more insight than the people actually running the show.

That said, I get why the fans want Fisher gone and I have a hard time disagreeing with them.

I'll add that I have read every post and appreciate that not one of them stooped to the level of simply attacking our coach on a personal level. The fans should not be ok with what they are being fed. They have every right to expect better. Should they? Probably. Is it necessarily reasonable that the team should have done things different? Not sure - possibly.

The guy didn't try to prevent the kid's career from imploding. He tried to get himself a contract extension. He put his survival over what was good for the team.

So no, I'll pass on cooling my jets.
I don't buy this at all. If anything, I see a coach who will do as he does - outside pressure be damned. I think he really wants the Rams to do well long term whether he is the HC or not. The guy grew up in LA watching the Rams. I believe that he held to his guns because he felt his young QB - a QB coming out as a Junior from a very non-NFL offense - needed time to watch, learn, practice, the NFL game.

I mean I totally get it.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced.

But the overwhelming negative reaction to any decision Fisher makes by the angry mob is way starting to go past what's deserved.

He's our teams football coach and he hasn't been good enough at that job but he is getting the kind of hate that people should save for actually bad people like Greg Hardy, Aaron Hernandez, Tom Brady, Jerry Sanduski or Pete Carroll - you know, the worst..
This thread probably isn't a good example of that but yeah - I'm not cool with the attitude or lack of respect he has been getting. I think the discussion going on in this thread has a different feel however.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2) The Rams are like an expansion team? Really? No, expansion teams start with nothing
Lets dig a little deeper on that
Last 4 expansion teams
Houston Texans
Year 1: 4-12, by year 3 they reached 7-9
Cleveland Browns
Year 1: 2-14, year 3: 7-9, year 4: 9-7 and in playoffs
Jacksonvile Jaguars
Year 1: 4-12, year 2: 9-7 and in playoffs, year 3: 11-5 and in playoffs, year 5: 14-2 and in AFC Championship game
Carolina Panthers
Year 1: 7-9, year 2: 12-4 and in NFC Championship game

So while it's absurd to say the Rams were an expansion team, what's even more absurd is in realizing that 3 of 4 made playoffs within 4 years!.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lets dig a little deeper on that
Last 4 expansion teams
Houston Texans
Year 1: 4-12, by year 3 they reached 7-9
Cleveland Browns
Year 1: 2-14, year 3: 7-9, year 4: 9-7 and in playoffs
Jacksonvile Jaguars
Year 1: 4-12, year 2: 9-7 and in playoffs, year 3: 11-5 and in playoffs, year 5: 14-2 and in AFC Championship game
Carolina Panthers
Year 1: 7-9, year 2: 12-4 and in NFC Championship game

So while it's absurd to say the Rams were an expansion team, what's even more absurd is in realizing that 3 of 4 made playoffs within 4 years!.
If I remember right they had some different scenarios on how they got to pick those teams too right?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I remember right they had some different scenarios on how they got to pick those teams too right?
Yep, had to be built from ground up.
Its incomparable to a current NFL franchise.
But illustrates how incomprehensible 5 straight losing seasons is when true expansion teams can do better