Demoff on Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I thought the theories that Rams brass would blame the record on relocation and use it as an excuse to retain Fisher were conspiracy theory levels of nuts, but wow...

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
So what about the other 4 years of suck? Or his career record of mediocrity? He's basically given a clean slate now because of the move? I was afraid of this. More 7-9 bullshit ahead.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So basically he is saying "nothing to see here."

F4Jhrt.gif

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Wasn't that from like 5 months ago

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll post here what I posted on another thread:

Not encouraging to be sure, but I don't think you can read that as a definite at this point.

Demoff made plenty of statements that, if believed, would have led one to think the Rams would stay in St. Louis. We know how that turned out. And as always, the final decision will be made by Stan, not Kevin. Stan didn't become a billionaire by making bad business decisions, and keeping the status quo with the current coaching staff is not only a bad football decision, but a bad business decision.

Like I said, I'm not encouraged, but I'm still in wait and see mode. YMMV.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I thought the theories that Rams brass would blame the record on relocation and use it as an excuse to retain Fisher were conspiracy theory levels of nuts, but wow...

I knew you'd show up for this week
Hope all is well!

P.S. This New IPA is nice, but not much else exciting here in town
image.jpeg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
For those asking what about the other 4 years think beyond the win loss record and you might get a clue

HellRam

Starter
IMO it's not just about the record alone... it's the way the Rams have been losing and it's the same mistakes and issues every season. That's coaching. I'm sure the move created extra stress on the team. But unfortunately the problems that plague the Rams are the same one's before the move.

Even 7 and 9 looks like a stretch now. That's not good under any circumstance. Nevermind the fact Fisher was given loads of draft picks and the freedom to build a roster that he wanted.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He’s a terrific leader of men,” Demoff said. “Players, coaches and staff — he has their complete respect in the way he runs the franchise. It’s easy to talk about the record, but you have to take a snapshot of everything this year and give him the credit that he’s due.

“The past two years, he’s had to deal with the specter of relocation. This year, the actual relocation. A couple of coaches have had to deal with the specter of relocation. No coach has had to deal with an actual relocation. You have try to understand what this team has been through and the success he has had."
http://ramblinfan.com/2016/11/29/kevin-demoff-almost-guarantees-jeff-fisher-extension/

Don't think fish is going no where

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
"One year back and playing one year of football is not going to get a groundswell of fans yet," Demoff said. "But people are wearing Rams gear and talking about the Rams. Kids are wearing Rams gear to school."

Neither will losing, Kevin.

Neither will finishing below .500 year after year.

Neither will fielding the league's most unproductive and boring offense year after year.

You can make all the excuses for Fisher you want. Excuses don't sell tickets, and excuses won't capture the LA market. If nothing changes, the Rams will be just another team to Angelenos, just one who happens to play locally. If that ends up being the case, then you moved across country and ripped the hearts out of St. Louis fans for nothing.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
For those asking what about the other 4 years think beyond the win loss record and you might get a clue

Hahaha please humor us and tell us what this clue is that we are missing. I'm gonna guess it's just more excuses for Fisher :puke:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's one thing not to fire an inept coach but they're talking about potentially extending one. can't make this up.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hahaha please humor us and tell us what this clue is that we are missing. I'm gonna guess it's just more excuses for Fisher :puke:
It has been discussed for the past 3 years ad naseum, if you can't figure it out for yourself I can't help you.