Demoff on Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently you didn't read everything I posted I agree that the responsibility for this team falls to Fisher, and so does he. The difference is they have a different plan then you, Demoff laid it out. If that isn't clear enough for you I don't know what to tell you.

Hopefully you'll hang in there while Goff comes around, does Fisher get credit for drafting him?

And their plan sucks. It reeks of a team content with mediocrity. Which is why people are losing their tempers over it.

I don't care who gets the credit for drafting him. I care that this team wins. They aren't winning with Fisher. Goff deserves better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, you're saying what I've been saying since the off-season.

I'm truly sorry we're on the same page cuz you're seeing what I saw which is that saddling Goff with Fisher is just...unfair. To Goff, the offense, the organization and the fans.

The choice from the org should have been: keep Fisher? Draft Wentz. OR Draft Goff? Fire Fisher.

Was pretty simple.

So here's hoping the organization realigns, gets Goff someone who can actually develop him and take this team to the next level.

Our disagreement still lies in my belief that Goff will transcend Fisher. Goff will still become a franchise QB even if Fisher remains. He just won't reach his full potential. In that vein, I still think we made the right choice with Goff.

I like Wentz. I liked him back then. But there were more parts of his game that needed work. He's a guy who I think there's a chance he wouldn't pan out if forced to play under Fisher.(only a chance because I think he's intelligent enough and hard-working enough to hire outside people during the off-seasons to fix his issues) I think Goff overcomes it.

It's just unfortunate. Goff could be Drew Brees. But if we stick him with Fisher, we'll likely only get Matt Ryan (pre-Kyle Shanahan). JMO.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And their plan sucks. It reeks of a team content with mediocrity. Which is why people are losing their tempers over it.

I don't care who gets the credit for drafting him. I care that this team wins. They aren't winning with Fisher. Goff deserves better.
From Demoff's comments I'd say the odds are better that Fisher is extended than let go. What are you going to do if he's still here next year?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Demoff's comments I'd say the odds are better that Fisher is extended than let go. What are you going to do if he's still here next year?

I don't know. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

It would be the most disappointing move this franchise ever made for me. I've seen a lot of disappointing moves. But I always believed they did it because they wanted to win but made a miscalculation due to incompetence. Extending Fisher would be a move that told me (and many others I expect) that they don't care about winning. They only care about making money.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
they have a different plan then you, Demoff laid it out. If that isn't clear enough for you I don't know what to tell you.

Hopefully you'll hang in there while Goff comes around, does Fisher get credit for drafting him?

Can we hold you responsible? Si or No?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Our disagreement still lies in my belief that Goff will transcend Fisher. Goff will still become a franchise QB even if Fisher remains. He just won't reach his full potential. In that vein, I still think we made the right choice with Goff.

I like Wentz. I liked him back then. But there were more parts of his game that needed work. He's a guy who I think there's a chance he wouldn't pan out if forced to play under Fisher.(only a chance because I think he's intelligent enough and hard-working enough to hire outside people during the off-seasons to fix his issues) I think Goff overcomes it.

It's just unfortunate. Goff could be Drew Brees. But if we stick him with Fisher, we'll likely only get Matt Ryan (pre-Kyle Shanahan). JMO.

Matt Ryan pre-Kyle Shanahan had people wondering if he was worth the money or if he was even a franchise QB.

But that's us quibbling over degrees. That's you having faith in Goff overcoming Fisher while I'm certain that Fisher is the Vishnu of offenses, worst of all, his own.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

:LOL:

I just want to know about this so called plan. Fisher 6.0 will fail just like 4.0 and 5.0. Notice how I left 1.0-3.0 out?. I'm all for giving chances, 3 is enough.

Also why is Fisher getting credited for the Goff draft? I thought it was Snead on a liaison mission scouted him and reported it back to Fisher?.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
2 questions geniuses:

1. Please name the other NFL Teams who have willingly decided to settle for mediocrity, and

2. How come Rivera liked being mediocre in '11 and '12, then decided to go for it in '13, didn't like it and mediocre'd it in '14,
went for it again in '15, and said, screw it, I'm going back to mediocre this year.

Same coach, same QB - so how'd that happen?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am going to watch the fans boo their asses off and eventually quit coming to the games. I have had the ticket since 1994, but if Fisher is still here I might just save the money and the aggravation next year. It's so frustrating watching the same crap week after week for 5 years.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Or take Minnesota - things seemingly going well, then "let's reunite Bradford and Shurmer, (cuz they tore it up in St Loo), and get rid of Turner", turning a 5-0 juggernaut into a 5-5 mess.
No criticism, press - nothing.

And Oh by the way, wonder boy Wentz isn't anymore.

But Fisher is hammered mercilessly every fucking day, possibly for trying to prevent a good kid's career from imploding before it even begins.

So cool your fucking jets.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The difference is they have a different plan then you, Demoff laid it out.

Demoff has said alot of things that were far from the truth. Let's not get too caught up by what he's saying now. Part of getting the team ready to kick arse in 2019 is letting Fisher walk after this season and hire a competent hc.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Ryan pre-Kyle Shanahan had people wondering if he was worth the money or if he was even a franchise QB.

But that's us quibbling over degrees. That's you having faith in Goff overcoming Fisher while I'm certain that Fisher is the Vishnu of offenses, worst of all, his own.

If you're not a top tier QB, there will always be people wondering about you. Ryan was a franchise QB. Has been from just about Day 1. This year, he's gone from good to great. We'll see if he stays there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope so. Kyle Shanahan is gonna be an HC soon so the next OC hopefully will also be good for them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 questions geniuses:

1. Please name the other NFL Teams who have willingly decided to settle for mediocrity, and

That's the problem. It's hard to think of any. Can you name any NFL coach who got to come back for his 6th season after not posting a single .500 or better season in his first 5 years?

The only guy I can think of is Tom Landry. And that was in the 1960s. He was also handed an expansion team. So he was given some time to build a team in a different day and age.

I can't think of a single guy in the last 30 years that would be handed the sort of benefit of the doubt that Jeff Fisher is if he's given a sixth year.

Is that genius enough for you?

2. How come Rivera liked being mediocre in '11 and '12, then decided to go for it in '13, didn't like it and mediocre'd it in '14,
went for it again in '15, and said, screw it, I'm going back to mediocre this year.

Same coach, same QB - so how'd that happen?

Because the NFL has parity, and Cam Newton is an inconsistent young QB. Here's the problem with your comparison, Ron Rivera went 12-4 in his third year and 15-1 in his fifth year. Jeff Fisher was hired the year after Rivera. He hasn't come close to doing either one.

Nobody here thinks FISHER likes being mediocre. We think he's not a good enough coach to get us out of mediocrity. It's the Rams that we think are accepting mediocrity if they continue with Fisher.

And here's something that really undermines your argument, there are quite a few Panthers fans that want Rivera fired. They're tired of the inconsistency. The man is coming off a 15-1 season and a Super Bowl appearance. He has 3 playoff appearances under his belt as a HC (hired the year before Fisher). He has two 12+ win seasons. AND PANTHERS FANS WANT HIM GONE.

Yet, here we are with 0 Super Bowl appearances, 0 12+ win seasons, 0 playoff appearances, 0 winning seasons, and 0 .500 seasons under Fisher after 5 years. And you actually want to act like we're being unreasonable for wanting him gone? That's nuts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or take Minnesota - things seemingly going well, then "let's reunite Bradford and Shurmer, (cuz they tore it up in St Loo), and get rid of Turner", turning a 5-0 juggernaut into a 5-5 mess.
No criticism, press - nothing.

Well, this is incorrect. They started 5-0. Norv quit the team after losing two games in a row. They've gone 1-3 since. They're now 6-5. And there's little criticism or press because the offense was looking just as crappy with Norv as it does now. The offense under Norv averaged around 15.6 points per game. The offense under Shurmur currently averages around 16.5 points per game.

They're losing now because their defense and special teams aren't winning games like they were earlier in the year. That begun to happen before Norv left.

And Oh by the way, wonder boy Wentz isn't anymore.

Yet, the Eagles still have a better record than us. And wonder boy Wentz still is playing better than Case Keenum did.

But Fisher is hammered mercilessly every freaking day, possibly for trying to prevent a good kid's career from imploding before it even begins.

So cool your freaking jets.

Fisher is hammered mercilessly for losing year after year after year. Him choosing to delay Goff's development by playing games only added to the frustration.

The guy didn't try to prevent the kid's career from imploding. He tried to get himself a contract extension. He put his survival over what was good for the team.

So no, I'll pass on cooling my jets.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You don't get the benefit of the doubt for life. I gave Fisher the benefit of the doubt for 4 years. By the end of the 4th year, he had used up all that benefit. Fisher has done NOTHING to earn the benefit of the doubt.

And when you stop giving him the benefit of the doubt, you start recognizing that the man doesn't learn from his mistakes and continues to make bad decisions that harm this team.

I mean I totally get it.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced.

But the overwhelming negative reaction to any decision Fisher makes by the angry mob is way starting to go past what's deserved.

He's our teams football coach and he hasn't been good enough at that job but he is getting the kind of hate that people should save for actually bad people like Greg Hardy, Aaron Hernandez, Tom Brady, Jerry Sanduski or Pete Carroll - you know, the worst..

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
(Fisher) choosing to delay Goff's development by playing games only added to the frustration.

The guy didn't try to prevent the kid's career from imploding. He tried to get himself a contract extension. He put his survival over what was good for the team.

And this kind of what I mean.
You don't know what his intentions were.

The facts are that Goff did have a lot to learn, did come in younger and skinnier and knew nothing about protections, etc.

When the kid got to play, he looks prepared.

We both disagreed with Fishers decision, but that his intentions were self centered is not something that you can pass off as fact.

Bad coach? Fine.
But he very well might have had the best intentions that were purely motivated by what he thought was best for the Rams and not Jeff Fisher.

Fisher might not deserve to keep his job, but I just don't know why he has to be despised as a person....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you don't consider how they got to that record or who was on the roster or who was injured during the year? Having Goff makes no difference going forward? Is he going to get slammed because he is 0-2 now? I don't think so.

the record is what it is ..FIsher must have broken a lot of mirrors to have as much "bad luck" as it seems to have had...or maybe he makes bad choices be it regarding players . OC's.. game plans and i dont wnat our HC making bad choices

no having Goff does make a difference i think Goff is very much our future at QB but if he hamstrung by Fishers antiquated run run pass punt Philosophy it wont matrter who our QB is

i blame the last two losses on fishers supposed strength his run frst offense (or lack of it) and his defensive unit ..let up two TDs in the last 5 minutes against the dolphins and rolled over by brees and the saints not Goff

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And this kind of what I mean.
You don't know what his intentions were.

The facts are that Goff did have a lot to learn, did come in younger and skinnier and knew nothing about protections, etc.

When the kid got to play, he looks prepared.

We both disagreed with Fishers decision, but that his intentions were self centered is not something that you can pass off as fact.

Bad coach? Fine.
But he very well might have had the best intentions that were purely motivated by what he thought was best for the Rams and not Jeff Fisher.

Fisher might not deserve to keep his job, but I just don't know why he has to be despised as a person....

Maybe his intentions were self-preservation. Maybe he's just plagued by his archaic view of football. That's a possibility. It doesn't make me feel any better about it, though.

The thing that makes us doubt his intentions is the line about Fisher refusing to start Goff until the Rams were all but eliminated from the playoff picture.

I mean I totally get it.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced.

But the overwhelming negative reaction to any decision Fisher makes by the angry mob is way starting to go past what's deserved.

He's our teams football coach and he hasn't been good enough at that job but he is getting the kind of hate that people should save for actually bad people like Greg Hardy, Aaron Hernandez, Tom Brady, Jerry Sanduski or Pete Carroll - you know, the worst..

Until he's fired, he's in the group of the worst. Because he's tanking another year of my football life. :cry:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Here's an ugly thought. The Rams retain a 6- 10 head coach, The Chargers pass on moving to Los Angeles, and a 13-3 Raiders team announces they will be exercising their right to return to Los Angeles. Talk about losing market momentum...

I think momentum will be lost if the chargers end up in LA. They may not be a winning team but they're fun to watch and fans can get excited about them. If it's the Raiders then obviously times that by ten.

I think this point is huge for Kroenke. He needs to do everything he can to try to avoid potential Rams fans becoming Raiders or Chargers fans (if they move to LA).