Cooper Kupp Signs 3yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
wel that was quick.

Brian Quick? Lmao....That was his name right I try to block it how quickly a new regime can change things. When I saw your post with the word "quick" it triggered rams PTSD!!! When all our hopes were on Brian Quick lol.
Talk about sad wow just feels good to at least be a stable organization and go into every year with real hope that you have something or are building towards something. Breath of fresh air.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
McVay hasn't committed to 12P. Lots of speculation around here though.
Agreed, we need to be able to run both well or we end up back at last season struggles before we went with more 12. Run 11 or 12 pretty much exclusively and we get stale and its alot easier for the DC's to eventually break it down and make life hard again. one thing our Oline thrives on is the confusion and misdirection, diversity will be our friend with these formations, as long as he is keeping the same principles in the schemes.

dang

Legend
Kupp is in that unique class of NFL receivers. They aren’t sure fire #1s that can consistently carry a game. But they are much more skilled and productive than a #2. If unchecked they are dangerous. With that said Kupp will always need a Ying to his Yang...a 1B to his 1A. As a comparison it will be interesting to see how Thielen does without Diggs and vice versus. $16m/year for 3 more years seems fair to both the Rams and Kupp.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, that's a decent deal i think. Not as high as i thought it might be but maybe the guarantees are high. Something I am amazed more players don't go for. I understand everyone wants the highest total numbers than the last guy but I'd rather have a shorter, higher guaranteed contract than a longer fluff contract. Will have to wait for details but I like this for the Rams for sure.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Kevin Demoff is very clever at how to insulate contracts to get under salary caps.

oldnotdead

Legend
This is a market value contract in the range I expected it to be. It's actually a 4 year deal keeping his current final year as the first year. At $16M the money will be there next year and IMO it dictates that both Whitworth and Havenstein will be released to clear the cap. If the is about $185M like I expect it to be then there will be sufficient cap to sign Floyd and perhaps Ebukam using a similar cap-friendly number the first year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Knew we weren't letting Coop go. I think Van replaces Woods.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Knew we weren't letting Coop go. I think Van replaces Woods.
Hate to say it, but I think you're right, cause I love Woods, but I think this was a process of thinking when selecting Jefferson. We can't keep them all :(

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Awesome deal. These Rams are doing a lot right this year so far. Hope it rewards them with a win over Dallas tomorrow night.

Man it's nice to have some talented WRs on this squad (since 2017). Goffs got his supply of weapons intact with a new addition. Sure is a nice change from pre-McVay when the Rams had a stable of low quality receivers for the longest time since after Torry left.

So far nobody is replacing anybody for sure. I'm not thinking ahead, gonna enjoy the players we have this year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Hate to say it, but I think you're right, cause I love Woods, but I think this was a process of thinking when selecting Jefferson. We can't keep them all :(
Reynold’s contract is up after this year so I’m pretty sure Jefferson was brought in to replace him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This is a market value contract in the range I expected it to be. It's actually a 4 year deal keeping his current final year as the first year. At $16M the money will be there next year and IMO it dictates that both Whitworth and Havenstein will be released to clear the cap. If the is about $185M like I expect it to be then there will be sufficient cap to sign Floyd and perhaps Ebukam using a similar cap-friendly number the first year.

Yea the thing with the cap next year I'm not so sure they will just dictate/designate a number like that and cry covid. I'm not even sure if they can do that the players association won't let that just stand right? People being cut out of jobs families etc. I wonder if the agreement owners and players ratified had preparations in it language so to speak for this odd situation. If the players need to approve such a thing like a salary cap reduction we all no they won't. And while the cap might not increase it depends how that agreement is written etc. If the owners try and force such a thing players could strike. I don't think that would do anyone any good.

I'm thinking a logical solution is to give a floor of 175 if that's indeed the number with a ceiling of whatever. Should owners decide to go to max out at let's say what the high end number would be then that's on the owners or maybe set a luxury tax up and redistribute to the rest of the teams.

Having said that I'm thinking nfl small markets aren't like other sports so the luxury tax isn't needed. I think the cap should be set with a low and a high ceiling and leave it up to the owners. If your a cheap owner and you feel you lost a bundle then max out at where you feel comfortable if your an owner that knows you can take the loss and no doubt all franchises will recoup money once things get under control then use the high ceiling. I think this is going to be interesting. There are teams that are like effed and would have to cut like half the team no way players association stands for that. So I want to sit back enjoy this season but am definitely curious as to how this will go.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Need to see the guaranteed money but it appears that Kupp didn't try to rob the bank. Good for him. It's also a sound decision for both sides.

There's a big difference between playing on a 3rd rounder rookie contract and a new deal for tens of millions. Have to consider that a WR or any NFL player may be one play away from a career ending injury. Better to be set for life now than holding out, at risk of injury, for maybe another million or so which may or may not materialize next year. If I'm Kupp, playing for a team I want to be on, I take the deal.