Cooper Kupp Signs 3yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I met @ScotsRam once and I can tell you he wasn’t as quick up the bar as he is with these new contract threads.

Scotsmen are tight as fuck, thought this was well established!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scotsmen are tight as fuck, thought this was well established!

Ha ha I’m obviously just kidding he was an absolute gent and the fact he’s started this means Kupp will sign his new deal. The omens are good.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Damn if we can get Kupp done our FO are football gods. I suspect like many of you that Donalds and Goffs contracts will be adjusted.

Also players like Gurely and Mathews dead money fall off next year so that significantly helps us out. Now we just need a real MLB / ILB. Hopefully we have him on the roster already.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
To get Kupp signed...My thinking is we will have to adjust Goff or Donald's Contract and push that money to 2022.

I show 8M cap space for 2021 and that is before the Ramsey signing so not sure how that even works.

For 2022 I showed 98 million cap space per Spotrac.

I aint no capologist so maybe someone can figure it out.
But how many players are still under contract in 2022? 98 million sounds good, unless we have to sign 40 players for that year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Damn if we can get Kupp done our FO are football gods. I suspect like many of you that Donalds and Goffs contracts will be adjusted.

Also players like Gurely and Mathews dead money fall off next year so that significantly helps us out. Now we just need a real MLB / ILB. Hopefully we have him on the roster already.

Doesn't matter who comes off next yr etc... We already have the numbers prior to any new cuts, trades, etc.. the other situations re: Gurley, Matthews, and Cooks are already accounted for.

So the known number does not improve from thise guys. Their savings are in the nooks already. As of now, with Ramsey's new deal, they are $6M over w/ a cap of $175M (worse case number).

So you have to restructure Goff or Donald then also release Robinson, Brockers and or Whitworth. Probably 2 of the 3 have to go.

After all that it will still be tight if the cap is the worse case number or close to that of $175M.

So the idea of keeping Floyd or Johnson is dreaming unless the cap can jump up to the $190M range.
Screenshot_20200910-222745.png

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I can’t imagine Kupp taking a ‘you drafted me’ discount that we need him to take.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was just sorting contract data for the top 100 per year ave.

Rams have 3 of the top 100. Goff, Donald, Ramsey

Some teams (ATL, KC) have as many as 6 of the top 100. Cards have 5. Jax, Den, Balt at quick glance 2 or less.

It’s all how you add them up.

dang

Legend
I can’t imagine Kupp taking a ‘you drafted me’ discount that we need him to take.
agreed. name an NFL player at the top of their game who has recently taken a home team discount. Note: Brady doesn’t count because of how the Pats set him up outside of his contract.

Tano

Legend
I just got an alert that Kupp and the Rams are really close to finalizing a deal

If so :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Memphis Ram

Legend
For a team that plans to play a lot of 12 personnel, methinks an HUGE extension right now for WR who has made most of his hay in the slot is a mistake. Oh well, maybe he's winning on the outside quite a bit in practice. And maybe the contract won't be a HUGE as some expect.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Signing our top players is great. But isn't there a concern about the cap dropping due to covid and the resulting revenue decline?

Psycho_X

Legend
For a team that plans to play a lot of 12 personnel, methinks an HUGE extension right now for WR who has made most of his hay in the slot is a mistake. Oh well, maybe he's winning on the outside quite a bit in practice. And maybe the contract won't be a HUGE as some expect.

I thought I read they are going to go back and forth between the past couple seasons formations on offense? Which is something that would be great step for our offense as McVay tends to get stuck in his play calling against good D-coord. They really need to have versatility going in and out of what we did in 2017/2018 to what we did the last half of 2019 as the game dictates.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

I hear you and typically I'd agree but in this offense it doesn't really matter where you play because the ball is spread around. That being said it could be match up orientated or who really says Kupp has to move outside maybe at first but Jefferson might be heading towards that outside position he has all the attributes for it, and then you keep Kupp inside but with all the clever schemes it won't much matter. Also for this year at least we still have Reynolds so there are a lot of different ways to use these guys but if Jefferson progresses the way they and others rave about him he may take that cooks spot and Kupp inside. Jefferson speed is deceptive and his route running is excellent but also a bigger target for Goff. By week 3 or 4 things might change.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I will say with all these big deals.... man we have to NAIL the middle rounds of the draft this next few years.