Cook needs to go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
On that fumble.

Sometimes the defender just makes a great play.

I'm not done with Cookie yet. I'm not happy with his production, but I'll bet he comes up big in some of the remaining games this season.

FRO

Legend
Cut him now, because if you bench him he could become a distraction. He is pretty useless.

Athos

Legend
On that fumble.

Sometimes the defender just makes a great play.

I'm not done with Cookie yet. I'm not happy with his production, but I'll bet he comes up big in some of the remaining games this season.

That might be relevant if the opposition wasn't making great plays on him all the time.

All that size and supposed strength and he has no idea how to use it. He should be bullying DBs and he's not.

Not only bad hands, but getting Cook to fumble is easy peasy. Dude gotta have the weakest hands in the league.

I wonder if he just bulks up in size but never does strength training.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Since you didn't put it in blue I presume you are serious even though he is credited with only 3 drops this year?
Psh, that's very generous for Cook, a lot of balls have just fallen right out of his hands, a couple have been good plays but there's many more incompletions that could be credited to Cook, and why just look at this season?

Look at Cook's total body of work and it's not so hard to imagine that maybe, just maybe Cook has earned the moniker of unreliable.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember when the Rams acquired him.

I went onto the Titans board to see what their feelings were and braced myself for a failed experment... sadly, those fans assessments were true.

I tried to suggest he might not have been a good acquisition... didn't go over well at another board.

But, if you had looked at what Titans fans were saying, you could have seen this coming. (sidenote: they weren't very high on Fisher either).

Cook failed to live up to his potential in Tennessee and he's done the same thing here... it's infuriating to a lot of Rams fans (just like those Titans fans).

iced

I'd call BS on any stat saying Cook has only 3 drops this year - that number seems like it'd only cover 2 or 3 of his games..

And yea I'm done with him - he can't block, struggles catching. I hope Kendricks becomes the #1 TE when he gets back - least the man can block.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
There is a difference between being bad and being a bad value.

Cook is a bad value. I know we want to paint him as bad - but he isn't bad - he is just bad value.

He still needs to be accounted for out there - and even if it doesn't show up on the stat sheet, that matters.

A safety has to think about it before creeping too close to the LOS in ways that they just wouldn't if it were Justice Cunningham lined up out there.

So I'm all for cutting him in the offseason - when we can actually save some cap money and then use it productively, but its pointless to cut him now. I'd trade him if I could get halfway decent value - but not just cut him because he is a bad value - we are pot committed on him for this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Psh, that's very generous for Cook, a lot of balls have just fallen right out of his hands, a couple have been good plays but there's many more incompletions that could be credited to Cook, and why just look at this season?

Look at Cook's total body of work and it's not so hard to imagine that maybe, just maybe Cook has earned the moniker of unreliable.
No doubt about it he could have played better and so could the rest of the offense. I don't keep stats but there are others who do and if there had been more than 3 catchable balls that he dropped they would be registered.

Here is a link to a sight that keeps the stats http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No doubt about it he could have played better and so could the rest of the offense. I don't keep stats but there are others who do and if there had been more than 3 catchable balls that he dropped they would be registered.

Here is a link to a sight that keeps the stats http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/
Stats are easily skewed and missed and messed up. I use sportingcharts and they also miss things, like remember Quick's drop in Green Bay?

Not accounted for, sportingcharts doesn't have Quick registered with any drops.

So no, sites like these aren't perfect showings of whether or not Cook is dropping more balls.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I'd call BS on any stat saying Cook has only 3 drops this year.

Lol I was playing madden last night I played about 5 games and cook couldn't catch a cold so the last game I swear he dropped about 5 passes (I throw to him alot). Wide open, uncontested passes I know he dropped 2 or 3. The others were contested but he had the ball. I looked up the stats at the end and it said he had 2 drops. I KNOW he had more, anyway...

Cook should have played basketball he would have been perfect, he'll I bet he is an amazing b ball player. Basketball players are big, tall, athletic, and SOFT!!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What's the difference, really, between Cook and Pead? Both are physical specimens. Both can make some eye-popping plays. Both are as fast as the day is long, and both tend to disappoint with inopportune fumbles and inexplicable brain-farts.

Cook is playing like Pead was when he got cut. I guess the big difference is that there's no Gurley or Mason or even Cunningham (well... Bennie Cunningham) competing with Cook for targets.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I prefer Jared Cook to be gone yesterday. Lets give other much more deserving Rams the opportunity to make a play instead of the opposite.

My plan would be to get TE/FB/HB Justice Cunningham more time in Cory Harkey's post and then work Cory into Lance Kendricks role/position & let Lance Kendricks get most all of Jared Cook's action. :)

I am so done with Jared Cook period:palm:!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5165/jared-cook

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There is a difference between being bad and being a bad value.

Cook is a bad value. I know we want to paint him as bad - but he isn't bad - he is just bad value.

He still needs to be accounted for out there - and even if it doesn't show up on the stat sheet, that matters.

A safety has to think about it before creeping too close to the LOS in ways that they just wouldn't if it were Justice Cunningham lined up out there.

So I'm all for cutting him in the offseason - when we can actually save some cap money and then use it productively, but its pointless to cut him now. I'd trade him if I could get halfway decent value - but not just cut him because he is a bad value - we are pot committed on him for this year.

I'm still of the belief Cook will win back fans during this run through the playoffs.

But, this post is where my head is at if he doesn't turn it on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams entertain trades then I would presume that both the Jets and Broncos would be willing to move a 6th or 7th round pick to the Rams for Cook. So would Atlanta and possibly Green Bay, although I would not want him in the NFC. Better to ship him off to the AFC just in case the trade does wake him the F up. But I wonder what Snead is asking for. Snead is very good at extracting value in trades, so he might be playing hardball with some team leading up to Nov 3.

Rams are probably pretty irritated by how badly Cook is playing since it not only hurts them but his value if they are looking to move him.

FRO

Legend
What's the difference, really, between Cook and Pead? Both are physical specimens. Both can make some eye-popping plays. Both are as fast as the day is long, and both tend to disappoint with inopportune fumbles and inexplicable brain-farts.

Cook is playing like Pead was when he got cut. I guess the big difference is that there's no Gurley or Mason or even Cunningham (well... Bennie Cunningham) competing with Cook for targets.
Unfortunately I could only like this post once. I would rather put Cunningham and Harkey out there, because at minimum they are good blockers. They may offer little in the pass game, but it's not like Cook is giving us much. It took forever for Fisher/Snead to cut bait with Pead, looks like they will do the same with Cook. He better be off the team next year.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Really hope a Jason Witten type TE is on our priority list this offseason if we want Gurley to have more lead blockers or open lanes. Seeing a 1 WR, 3 TE set with Quick / Kendricks, Harkey, and the 2016 rookie with Gurley in the backfield would make me cream my pants.

FRO

Legend
Really hope a Jason Witten type TE is on our priority list this offseason if we want Gurley to have more lead blockers or open lanes. Seeing a 1 WR, 3 TE set with Quick / Kendricks, Harkey, and the 2016 rookie with Gurley in the backfield would make me cream my pants.
Problem is there aren't a lot of Jason Witten types that come out often at all. He has been an underrated TE which is crazy since he plays for the Cowboys.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Another ex Titan. Cook should be doing for us what Jimmy Graham did for N.O the past few years...except Cook is a crackhead and apparently has all the freedom in the world to dick around on the field and not get so much as a slap on the wrist from Fisher.
Ship his ass out for a bag of chips and a 6 pack of whatever beer is on sale at the corner liquor store. GTFOH bruh.

fancents86

Starter
Call Baltimore and tell them we sent them the wrong receiver. We'll throw in some gorilla tape gloves for the inconvenience.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I also think Cunningham can execute in the run game better than Cook. I'll take my chances with their drops over Cooks.

But if we insist on keeping Cook, I'd keep him off the field except in select situations.
Justice Cunningham can absolutely block and I would absolutely love to see him on that right side some more.