Cook needs to go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't mind looking at Case Keenum right now, either. I just think he's a better fit...right now, with the way the line is playing. I know, I know.

Foles certainly has not shown well under a heavy pass rush. I think Keenum would at least be more escapable.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kendricks can execute in the running game though. Consistently. So can Harkey. Both are better than Cook.

Cigs should be putting the best players on the field. No way Cook is one of them. Go 3 wide, or 2 TE and run the F out of the ball. I don't care. Just hold Cook accountable for his continued inability to execute his responsibilities.

I also think Cunningham can execute in the run game better than Cook. I'll take my chances with their drops over Cooks.

But if we insist on keeping Cook, I'd keep him off the field except in select situations.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Foles certainly has not shown well u Dre a heavy pass rush. I think Keenum would at least be more escapable.
Yeah, my thoughts.

Week one he was running into pressure, and he's still doing it. He can't get to the outside and make a play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is not such a good TE draft, unless they find a Basketball player or a Gary Barnage becomes available.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I also think Cunningham can execute in the run game better than Cook. I'll take my chances with their drops over Cooks.

But if we insist on keeping Cook, I'd keep him off the field except in select situations.
Or.....put him on special teams to earn his way back. He needs a slice of humble pie, or the axe. I am just plain sick of him. This is my first week on the, get rid of Cook, bandwagon.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I have said it before and I will say it again. The dude is not this bad. He has no confidence right now and it is showing. I wish I had to answer how to get him out of this funk.... but this is not the same player we saw in 2014 and 2013. He's always had his warts but this is something else. For the Ram's sake I hope he remembers how to catch a football starting immediately. Because he does an okay job of getting open, and his size and speed makes him a match up problem for opposing DCs when he's not busy killing every drive.

We have a stretch of "weaker" opponents coming up where his screw ups, hopefully, will not cost us football games. Such as today vs. Cleveland. Hopefully Cook can use that stretch to find his old form again.

Like most on this board, I would welcome a trade. But I just don't see that happening. Nobody is taking him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I have said it before and I will say it again. The dude is not this bad. He has no confidence right now and it is showing. I wish I had to answer how to get him out of this funk.... but this is not the same player we saw in 2014 and 2013. He's always had his warts but this is something else. For the Ram's sake I hope he remembers how to catch a football starting immediately. Because he does an okay job of getting open, and his size and speed makes him a match up problem for opposing DCs when he's not busy killing every drive.

We have a stretch of "weaker" opponents coming up where his screw ups, hopefully, will not cost us football games. Such as today vs. Cleveland. Hopefully Cook can use that stretch to find his old form again.

Like most on this board, I would welcome a trade. But I just don't see that happening. Nobody is taking him.
I felt the same way, but he's been consistently bad, this year.

Ready to see more of J. Cunningham.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
2 receptions. One for 2 yards (a fail). 1 nice completion for 17 yards and a fumble (net fail). Don't know how many times otherwise he was targeted (2 from memory) that were incomplete (fail, fail...). Blocking fails in the run game (again, that's a perception moreso than a concrete reality, but I certainly notice Harkey and JCunningham blocking). Heck, I notice Tavon blocking more than I notice Cook.

I really can't remember the last time I thought to myself that I'm happy to have him on the team.

I mean, unlike Stedman who got flagged for the stiff arm, I'm very much of the mind that Cook's problems aren't fixable. Cook's #1 problem, he's not a football player.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm all for trading him, but what value could you possibly get at this point?

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Just thought of this but did anyone else notice Cook fail to block anyone on that long run by Gurley? I think it was on one of his long runs. I remember seeing the reply and Cook just looking for someone to block and failing completely. Not sure how it's possible to not try to block anyone on a play.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
When Kendricks comes back, I have to believe Cook will be gone or benched. It has to happen. If it doesn't, Fisher is putting his loyalty to his Titans above the team, and that makes him a liability as well.

However, let's be happy. We won!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Kendricks has good hands, actually. Turns out he was likely dropping balls this year because of the hand injury. He should be back to normal after his recovery.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As for value for Cook, I still think the best plan is to try to swing a trade for Vernon Davis, straight up and presuming he would agree to an extension.

SF is looking for a vertical threat and while Vernon Davis is actually slightly faster than Cook, both are among the fastest TEs in the game and Davis is at the end of his contract and isn't likely to resign with the 9ers. With the 9ers in the basement, if they don't move him now, they get nothing.

As a fan, I can be upset with Cook, but he's been productive with inconsistent QB play and he's been a mismatch which is something that the 9ers need.

Frankly, BOTH need a change of scenery and while I don't think they'd execute this prior to their game this week, I can see this happening right after the game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Cook is a Fisher guy. Same with Britt. Cook has done next to nothing. Britt has contributed a little more. Neither has played up to the expectations at this point. But they are what we have this year. We can only hope it changes and they both start making larger contributions. Its not like they aren't capable. We can't expect Gurley to be the only offensive threat.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As for value for Cook, I still think the best plan is to try to swing a trade for Vernon Davis, straight up and presuming he would agree to an extension.

SF is looking for a vertical threat and while Vernon Davis is actually slightly faster than Cook, both are among the fastest TEs in the game and Davis is at the end of his contract and isn't likely to resign with the 9ers. With the 9ers in the basement, if they don't move him now, they get nothing.

As a fan, I can be upset with Cook, but he's been productive with inconsistent QB play and he's been a mismatch which is something that the 9ers need.

Frankly, BOTH need a change of scenery and while I don't think they'd execute this prior to their game this week, I can see this happening right after the game.
Headcase, for headcase. I like it!

Athos

Legend

And?

Are they getting the targets and looks Cook gets? Doubtful. He had ONE decent game against the Hags. The first game. He's done nothing but play terrible in each subsequent game. 7 games last year with 30 or fewer yards. 3 with less than 15. No TDs until WEEK 9. And no TDs until week 13. 2013? ONE big game. Then virtually disappear until WK 11.

For a Big, Fast WR, and let's be honest.....I don't care about the designation. He's no TE. He can't score for shit and is virtually useless in the RZ.

He has his one big game a year, and then turtles and makes mistakes in bunches while giving half-hearted blocking attempts.

WHAT really do we lose by plugging someone else in the slot? Hell, if Mason ever gets back 100%, he and Bailey should split time in there.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Cook has always been underwhelming but his play this year makes me think he is dealing with some unknown problem. . . Maybe a family issue. .

Who knows but he is a detriment to our team playing as he is currently playing.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wouldn't mind looking at Case Keenum right now, either. I just think he's a better fit...right now, with the way the line is playing. I know, I know.

Completely with you on that. But we both know that it would take an injury for Fisher to give it a look.