Clay Mathews has signed with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
$8M or whatever really is not a ton of money these days. At the same time couldn't that have been used more wisely?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Yeah, Clay Matthews should help the edge rush. But Wade's not going to reinvent the wheel as far as using CM as an inside linebacker. I'm hoping Wade can get more out of CM as an ILB than just a pale, shaggier Alec Ogletree.

Walk up to LOS + blitz

Capture3.PNG

View: https://imgur.com/huw4Bf1

Walk up to LOS + fake blitz

Capture1.PNG

View: https://imgur.com/7eRb6kx

Blitz
Capture2.PNG

View: https://imgur.com/7UOmKvl

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Matthews has significantly better pass rushing skills than Ogletree, even now.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve heard his old man Bernard is very proud he’s signed for the Rams. Bootiful!

Psycho_X

Legend
So....
How’s the view from the fence?
Penalty comment is total bullcrap.

I don’t give a freak about the deal particulars, he’s a plus add period.
Like I said before, let’s let Demoff worry about the money, and Wade worry about how he’s used.

There’s no fence, I don’t like the guy and never have. He’s been mediocre for a couple years now and most of his big plays were penalties. Doesn’t mean I won’t hope for the best. I was originally assuming he’d play olb though so the thought of him playing ilb and moving around situationally should be very useful to Wade. I’m hopeful he’ll squeeze some more life out of CM for a few years. Doesn’t mean I have to blindly cheer the signing.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
$8M or whatever really is not a ton of money these days. At the same time couldn't that have been used more wisely?
It's incentive based .If he manages to get 8 then it's because he absolutely dominated which would be a bargain at that point .

dang

Legend
It's incentive based .If he manages to get 8 then it's because he absolutely dominated which would be a bargain at that point .
Correct. It’s been reported $10M base. So that’s $5M per year average. If he hits his incentives we will all be glad for the Rams to pay that out. So.....what does this forum feel at that price?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Still early in my thoughts on this. One would think we will know more by the end of the draft and the major UDFA signs as to where CM will be needed in this new tuned up Wade D. At the moment it appears that he will be needed more inside.

It's my belief that Wade will look to start the same two ERs that he went with in the playoffs. Wade hopefully will have two new healthy 2nd yr ERs to work in at backups Okoronkwo and Young. With Lawler. These young five should all show major improvements.

I still have nightmares over the Overall play of the Inside LBs. This is where the major tinkering needs to take place.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's my belief that Wade will look to start the same two ERs that he went with in the playoffs. Wade hopefully will have two new healthy 2nd yr ERs to work in at backups Okoronkwo and Young. With Lawler. These young five should all show major improvements.

Oh No, not two more Emergency Room guys again. THE HORROR ... :shocked:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There’s no fence, I don’t like the guy and never have. He’s been mediocre for a couple years now and most of his big plays were penalties. Doesn’t mean I won’t hope for the best. I was originally assuming he’d play olb though so the thought of him playing ilb and moving around situationally should be very useful to Wade. I’m hopeful he’ll squeeze some more life out of CM for a few years. Doesn’t mean I have to blindly cheer the signing.

Yes. Yes it does.

Now DRINK THIS KOOLAID, DANGIT!!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ding-Dongs and Bar-B-Que sauce.....Are we having fun yet?:help:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
those were quotes from our 70's favorite microcephalic. Anyone remember Zippy?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Doesn’t mean I have to blindly cheer the signing.

Of course it does, otherwise you're not a true fan!
(Well...maybe not blindly, but you still have to cheer). :boxing:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
when does the scissors come out to cut his lettuce?