Clay Mathews has signed with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I’m not sold on Kiser !! Can he play call ??
-The Rams just brought back Hager ?? For depth ??

I’m trying to envision what The Rams 2019 will look like.
For a while, just like last year, that duty would go to Littleton.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So let me get this straight. You don't think Kiser can play because he didn't start his rookie year. Yet Hager who has started 1 game in 4 entire seasons of being active was signed because he can start, but Kiser can't? Hager is a special teamer and depth at ILB nothing more.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For a while, just like last year, that duty would go to Littleton.

It think Cory Littleton as a starting LBer & play caller if The Rams defense only took them to the Super Bowl & held NE to 13 points ??

Now he is not worthy to try to do it again next to an All Pro type Clay Matthews??

Corey Littleton also was an all pro special teams guy. The Rams just brought back Hager why ??
You might have answered the question?? Maybe so Kiser does not have to play special teams ?? Will find out soon where The Rams Line players up.Just talking it , because who really knows right now ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So let me get this straight. You don't think Kiser can play because he didn't start his rookie year. Yet Hager who has started 1 game in 4 entire seasons of being active was signed because he can start, but Kiser can't? Hager is a special teamer and depth at ILB nothing more.

Agree with that Hager being a special teams guy only . I’m not sure how good Kiser is ??
We will find out soon.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I am supposed to be the big worrier around here.....I know of no reason NOT to be happy with the coming season with what Wade has @ his disposal to make his defense effective enough to win.

2nd season MLB'er Micah Kiser should not need to make the calls & have to ensure the defense is lined up in the right formations. Wade has Cory Littleton back to do that. Cory can still call the defense & do the same things he did last season but he can do it from the interior weakside post. It's Kiser job to move his 5-11 245 lbs body into the right hole @ the right time & bring the hit with the tackle! I am sure he can do that!

Wade has 8 Interior LB'ers on his roster now. So there will be plenty of competition going into Training Camp.

Now with Bryce Hager's return to the roster, Wade has a solid reserve MLB'er who will enter his 5th season as a Ram. Hager has & can call the defense as good as anyone else on this team. Hager has never missed a game in four seasons. Snead brought in two new rookie interior LB'ers this past week to go with drafted rookie Dakota Allen.

Troy Reeder played in a 34 D as an ILB'er. His Bio goes like this....has good size, experienced, smart, hard-nosed, old school lunch-pail linebacker who plays aggressive, tenacious and brings great leadership. He possesses natural football instincts, to go along with a true nose for the ball. An excellent open field tackler who demonstrates sound wrap up abilities. Two-time Delaware team captain and also a special teams standout.

Natrez Patrick is a 6-3 245lbs has had his issues the last few years with being arrested for possession of marijuana twice. In addition, missing four games with a suspension. Plus he has had to enter a drug treatment program Officially he has been the starting ILB'er for the last 3 seasons when he is there. In truth NP just does not have the measurables to have been drafted. NP is a hard working LB'er with great size but only did 15 reps on the bench in his pro day plus he ran slow 40 times.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/natrez-patrick?id=32195041-5427-4147-43cd-a3c8d402e357

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am supposed to be the big worrier around here.....I know of no reason to be happy with the coming season with what Wade has @ his disposal to make his defense effective enough to win.

2nd season MLB'er Micah Kiser should not need to make the calls & have to ensure the defense is lined up in the right formations. Wade has Cory Littleton back to do that. Cory can still call the defense & do the same things he did last season but he can do it from the interior weakside post. It's Kiser job to move his 5-11 245 lbs body into the right hole @ the right time & bring the hit with the tackle! I am sure he can do that!

Wade has 8 Interior LB'ers on his roster now. So there will be plenty of competition going into Training Camp.

Now with Bryce Hager's return to the roster, Wade has a solid reserve MLB'er who will enter his 5th season as a Ram. Hager has & can call the defense as good as anyone else on this team. Hager has never missed a game in four seasons. Snead brought in two new rookie interior LB'ers this past week to go with drafted rookie Dakota Allen.

Troy Reeder played in a 34 D as an ILB'er. His Bio goes like this....has good size, experienced, smart, hard-nosed, old school lunch-pail linebacker who plays aggressive, tenacious and brings great leadership. He possesses natural football instincts, to go along with a true nose for the ball. An excellent open field tackler who demonstrates sound wrap up abilities. Two-time Delaware team captain and also a special teams standout.

Natrez Patrick is a 6-3 245lbs has had his issues the last few years with being arrested for possession of marijuana twice. In addition, missing four games with a suspension. Plus he has had to enter a drug treatment program Officially he has been the starting ILB'er for the last 3 seasons when he is the In truth NP just does not have the measurables to have been drafted. NP is a hard working LB'er with great size but only did 15 reps on the bench in his pro day plus he ran slow 40 times.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/natrez-patrick?id=32195041-5427-4147-43cd-a3c8d402e357

I guess Micah Kiser comes in on running downs then. Travis Rapp comes in on passing downs ??

I’m not one to stretch out into any of the far fetch sightings. If Snead was so impressed with them why bring in Hager. I guess before really looking at how light the inside LBer depth is Hager adds to Kiser & Littleton.

I’m sure The Rams had a couple guys they really liked going into the draft.Someone counted 37 player that were given to make the team Kiser was one of them. I can not refute that. — Even Littleton is a question,because of his contract. What’s the future at MLBer ??
I can see Kiser coming in on certain first & 2nd downs.I don’t see him being a every down LBer ,even though Wade could play call for him.Just looking at rotations. I saw some tape yesterday that made sense of how this defense will be better.
The tape was showing Suh, not bringing the juice.What I saw also was Barron on the weak side getting eaten up by a blocker. It’s all about getting around the block & as McVay says take good angles.
Westbrook’s is gone, so there is a rotation spot open up front that will be filled by J. Day & F.Myers will fill Longacres spot as well.

Gaines for Suh & what does Smart bring ??
Fowler brings a solid edge. Samson is going to learn a lot playing & being a sponge to Clay.
I can’t seem to get the numbers on defense???

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What is the 53 on defense looking like ??

—-DL
Donald
Meyers
J.Day
Brockers
Smart
Gaines
——LBers
Samson
Clay
Littleton
Kiser