Clay Mathews has signed with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
I heard its around 18Million over two years. Not sure on Guaranteed.

I like the signing personally. Any sign of pass rush ability is welcomed.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lakers radio guys announced it as I was driving and I'm pretty happy about it! Star studded rams! Get that chip!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another "football smart" player on defense. CM has a knack for anticipating snap counts.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Fowler and Matthews off the edge is a great base to work with before the Draft. Still got Ebukam growing and Obo who is the wildcard. BPA is on the table for the Draft now. If a pick aligns with team needs great, but don't reach for a guy just to fill a hole. The roster looks solid right now before adding any Draft Picks or UDFA's. McSnead is absolutely killing it!

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Really don't like this signing. Don't like the guy or his penalties. And that's a chunk of change. Meh, hopefully Wade can squeeze something useful out of him for two years.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Yikes, that's a lot for an aging player.

I should be happy... Clay Matthews is one of the reason why I always liked the Packers.... but I just don't know how I feel yet.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Welcome Home Clay!
370c8f1e822973c3ab80deafe1aa4d35.jpg

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hate this signing. I'm pretty sure he's running on empty. Most likely a 1year deal we can get out from under if need be.
Better come w/ a George Steinbrenner clause!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another "football smart" player on defense. CM has a knack for anticipating snap counts.
Trying to anticipate them and getting them wrong maybe. Pretty sure he's had the most encroachment penalties in the league for a decade now.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
He’s a situational pass rusher on passing downs. Should work well w Fowler. We can bring pressure on both edges with AD doing damage inside.

We still need an Alvin Wright 3-4 run stuffing NT and a sound and solid ILB that can stuff the run and fill gaps. Looking at the draft. We still need long term O Line and secondary. Next two drafts we need to address this.

Plus backup RB.

jjab360

Legend
Wow, have to love the veteran leadership on this D right now, even if some of them are a bit past their prime. Definitely don't see us making as many mental mistakes as we did last year, that's for sure.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So this will cost us a comp pick, right? Or could make the comp pick for LMJ or Saffold go from a 4 to a 7? Not a fan.