Chris Long retires, Hawaiian pizza sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Mojo Ram @RamFan503
YsLJHFb.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I prefer my pizza with just cheese. A lot of cheese. And the crust has to be good as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ham is great on pizza.
Sweet Pineapple is great with smokey Ham.
Therefore, pineapple is good on pizza.
Not my favorite by any stretch, but it works.

Carry on haters!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.thespruceeats.com/flesh-eating-enzymes-of-pineapple-and-papaya-4047013

The Curious Flesh Eating Enzymes in Pineapple (Excerpt)

You may have heard that you can't make jam from pineapple and papaya because they contain various enzymes that won’t allow the flesh to gel. First and foremost, yes, these fruits don’t jam well because of certain enzymes. Second, you definitely can make jam from both if you use a few tricks.

What are these enzymes and what exactly are they doing?
Pineapples are packed with the stuff, though particularly in the stem and skin.

Bromelain is known for its ability to break down protein chains. This gives it a culinary use as a tenderizer to soften up tough cuts of meat. In fact, it’s such a great tenderizer that when using pineapple juice as a marinade, you only have to actually marinate for a short time. Marinate too long and the meat will literally fall apart.

This enzyme is also why pineapple won't form into jam and jelly when gelatin is used, as the enzyme breaks down the gelatin. However, you can add agar-agar to neutralize this reaction.

In fact, this enzyme is so strong that pineapple processors have to wear gloves and masks since the juice will eventually eat away at the hands and face. When cutting up lots of pineapples, it isn’t uncommon to come away with dry, flaky skin or even small sores.

There is some research to see if this enzyme can be used to treat osteoarthritis, but results so far are still pending or inconclusive.

So remember - when you are eating that Hawaiian pizza, that Hawaiian pizza is eating YOU!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.thespruceeats.com/flesh-eating-enzymes-of-pineapple-and-papaya-4047013

You may have heard that you can't make jam from pineapple and papaya because they contain various enzymes that won’t allow the flesh to gel. First and foremost, yes, these fruits don’t jam well because of certain enzymes. Second, you definitely can make jam from both if you use a few tricks.

Bromelain is known for its ability to break down protein chains. This gives it a culinary use as a tenderizer to soften up tough cuts of meat. In fact, it’s such a great tenderizer that when using pineapple juice as a marinade, you only have to actually marinate for a short time. Marinate too long and the meat will literally fall apart.

This enzyme is also why pineapple won't form into jam and jelly when gelatin is used, as the enzyme breaks down the gelatin. However, you can add agar-agar to neutralize this reaction.

In fact, this enzyme is so strong that pineapple processors have to wear gloves and masks since the juice will eventually eat away at the hands and face. When cutting up lots of pineapples, it isn’t uncommon to come away with dry, flaky skin or even small sores.

There is some research to see if this enzyme can be used to treat osteoarthritis, but results so far are still pending or inconclusive.

So remember - when you are eating that Hawaiian pizza, that Hawaiian pizza is eating YOU!
Good way to lose weight

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

In addition.
If using pineapple as a tenderizer, I believe it has to be fresh pineapple juice.
NOT canned or bottled juice

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Couple of thoughts....

If you blame a player for the slot they were drafted, you're an idiot. Fact.

Chris Long was a solid player for our Rams who has done more good for this world than most. Respect.

Fuck your politics. Seriously. Take that shit somewhere else...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Oh, and fuck your "chills" too....

Pineapple on pizza is Un-American..... Lolz.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For me its NY style, Italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms. Bam!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Couple of thoughts....

If you blame a player for the slot they were drafted, you're an idiot. Fact.

I agree with someone being an idiot if they would blame the player. But nobody blamed the player. Personally I hated the pick and never liked the player either.

It’s kinda like if you went to a pizza party expecting for a great pie with lots of wonderful toppings like sausage and mushrooms, but the host only gave you Canadian bacon and pineapple. You would most likely have a few slices cause, 1 - you’re hungry and, 2 - you don’t want to insult the host. When Long was in horns I rooted for the guy the same way I’d eat a slice of pineapple pizza at a party with friends.

For some of pizza party revelers they would be thrilled with pineapple and canadian bacon all day long - and by the posts i’ve read the majority do. But if I’m going to a pizza parlor I am ordering myself a large Matt Ryan - oops - I mean pepperoni

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Geez, you people. Everybody knows that in heaven they serve jalapeno and bacon pizzas!