Celebration Thread: Rams@Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
New season, same McVay Rams
Suh and Donald played ho-hum and Barron was inactive. Only allowing one TD versus a top 20 offense at their place was quite the accomplishment. If our young LB crew can improve throughout the year and our defense(pending multiple injuries) will be a top 5 unit no doubt

I'm finally on the John John choo choo. Great tackling and not only was that INT an incredible feat of athleticism but was clutch as hell.

Nice seeing Samson(without Delilah) rack up 3TFL - he's been a pleasant addition since day one.

Donald played a'ight. Had the sack that was taken away by dumb penalty. Even though Carr was yelling at him for the hit, it wasn't legit dirty. We see him falling sideways and trying to get to Carr, not aiming for his knees. Was a great sack that the refs took from him.

Also he hurried Carr into making that unwise lob pass that Littleton picked off. When watching the game replay you'll see Donald was coming at him quickly. Replays also showed Donald being held a few times and he did draw a penalty during another play. The Raiders had their fair share of offensive penalties thanks to that Ram front.

Agree the LB's looked impressive in their debut. And Johnson continues to impress me with his football smarts. The guy is the underrated member of the d-backfield in only his 2nd year.

HellRam

Starter
I was at the game!!! I was nervous for most of the first half but we pulled through big time in the 2nd half.

The Oakland Coliseum was rocking. Gotta give credit to Goff he did a good job running the offense. Great way to start the season!

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah, as mentioned, the Peters crotch grab was more of a homage to Marshawn Lynch who notoriously got fined for it while at Seattle after a 70+ yard touchdown run. Lynch and Peters grew up together and are cousins. I'm sure it was a bit of a jab to him as well as family like to rub it in when winning. :)

I'm ok with it, the game sealing play will be noted on all the talk shows today while they talk about the Rams defense and how they shut the Raiders down in the second half.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Raiders receivers did have catches. Nelson had 3, Roberts 1, and Cooper had 1. Pretty Damn good job by the dbs though. Everything was short and quick. That was Gruden's only answer to the Rams Defense. It's tough to play that way all game and keep driving the full length of the field on every drive.

Cook balling out was pissing me off. Typical Jared. He's likely pissed that the Rams didn't 'resign him. So he actually put in an honest effort for a game.

Dline did great with constant pressure. Their reputation is enough to get into Carr's head. It was in Gruden's head too, judging by his game plan. That is an enormous edge going into every game. I am sure adding Suh and his reputation for cruelty and rage are a part of that. Donald and Brockers are very tough alone. Throw in Suh and it seems unstoppable. Every coach in the league will fear for his QB. Every QB will fear for his safety before the ball is even snapped. They just faced the toughest interior OLine that they will face all year. It's feeding time.

I didn't like the rusty start. I still think some pre-season action would help with that.

I can't wait for this team to be up to full speed. It's going to be great.

The potential sack/zidestep by Goff had potential penalty written all over it, if the Raider connected.

fearsomefour

Legend
UNSUNG HEROES

Blythe....A +
Was good all night. Very effective run blocking and getting to the second level.

Littleton....any "wait and see" reservations I had about Littleton are gone. Very active and physical. Around the ball all night.

Brown.....Malcolm Brown didn't get a lot of snaps but every one was a positive contribution. A couple of runs for positive yardage and a couple of nice catches out of the backfield, one for a first down on a scoring drive. McVay obviously comfortable with Brown in there.

Psycho_X

Legend
Cook balling out was pissing me off. Typical Jared. He's likely ticked that the Rams didn't 'resign him. So he actually put in an honest effort for a game.

Exactly, the guy has honest to god all pro physical talent. Just never seemed to care. Him, Britt, and Quick were quite the trio of under achieving physical specimens. Thank you GOD we don't have to watch that shit every week now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say it: Cooks looked better than Watkins looked in almost any game here. I hope he and Goff can sync up on the deep ball, but he's a more dynamic WR than Sammy, far better in the intermediate range.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Exactly, the guy has honest to god all pro physical talent. Just never seemed to care. Him, Britt, and Quick were quite the trio of under achieving physical specimens. Thank you GOD we don't have to watch that crap every week now.

I bet he doesn't get 800 yards this year despite getting 180 last night or whatever his final total was.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'll say it: Cooks looked better than Watkins looked in almost any game here. I hope he and Goff can sync up on the deep ball, but he's a more dynamic WR than Sammy, far better in the intermediate range.

Yeah that was a really encouraging game for that combo. I read that Watkins only drew three PIs last season. Cooks had what, two last night already? And both were for huge gains. His speed is unmatched and he actually looks and goes for the ball. It's going to be fun to watch all season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah that was a really encouraging game for that combo. I read that Watkins only drew three PIs last season. Cooks had what, two last night already? And both were for huge gains. His speed is unmatched and he actually looks and goes for the ball. It's going to be fun to watch all season.

87 receiving yards + 87 DPI yards

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
gettyimages-1031124772.jpg

la-1536647702-zczrwycbo5-snap-image

rams-raiders-9718-getty-ftrjpg_9utsz4b4o2jt1awcfazv1jtnn.jpg

todd-gurley-of-the-los-angeles-rams-rushes-with-the-ball-against-the-picture-id1031121462

Rams_Raiders_t715.jpg

i

AP_18254151092108_1_0q428DS.jpg

wynjirfun7p8pp5wd4it.jpg

brandin-cooks.jpg

la-1536646825-3yolnx05ab-snap-image

r429242_1296x729_16-9.jpg

hikitcrxxmsqdcmeurry.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly, the guy has honest to god all pro physical talent. Just never seemed to care. Him, Britt, and Quick were quite the trio of under achieving physical specimens. Thank you GOD we don't have to watch that crap every week now.
LOL, the anti triplets the Cowboys used to have.
Although Rich Brooks' trying to recreate what Dallas did (Aikman, Smith, Irvin) with Banks, Phillips, Kennison is right up there.

fearsomefour

Legend
Did Goff throw any passes to a tight end? 0 receptions for what is supposedly McVay's staple target.
Don't know if any were called but none were thrown to a TE. No Everett either. He has sunk to the third TE spot unless that is just being determined by formation/set.
It may just be a match up thing.

Rainram

Starter
Well...someone has gotta give Teams a shoutout.

Zuerlein nailed that 55 yarder from the dirt!! That put us up two scores and the Raiders were on their heels from that point.

Hekker is just Hekker. Best in the game. Period. He impacts games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
How do you cut the clips and make gifs out of them?

I was replaying the full game on gamepass, and there is a clip of Gruden I want... from the 42:26 mark to the 42:29 mark. Just a 3 second clip.
I don't, I find them usually on reddit.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not even comparable.
Very quick and a good route runner.
Cooks, Woods, Kupp can be as good as any set of WR out there.
If the Rams can get a reliable receiving threat at TE that 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set will be feared.

Todd59

Rookie
It took them a half to get all that rust knocked off of the offense, but they delivered in the 2nd half. I was really surprised how well the O-Line looked, and I don't know if Andrew Whitworth gets enough appreciation for what he does. Noteboom is lucky to be able to learn from him. Blythe looked good, and I'd keep him as the starter even past the first 2 games if he is still playing this well.

Littleton may not be a sideling-to-sideline type of linebacker, but he's a thumper between the tackles, and I'll take that every day of the week. Ramik Wilson is fine depth, but I'm hoping either Barron returns soon, or Kiser moves up the depth chart.

All in all, and good win.