Celebration Thread: Rams@Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I actually wonder if McVay was a little rusty as a play caller. Thought I heard Walden called plays during preseason. Thought McVay spent too much time trying to prove we could run jet sweep from all WR spots and with some new passing plays. 2nd half seemed like a return to running to Gurley and staple play-action plays. Have to rewatch to be sure.

Love the win though!!! These are the trap games for good teams so glad we could pull it out.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
cr0tch $wag

DmyiYh_W0AAEr4q.jpg

Thanks for my new wallpaper :yay::yess:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peters has got some balls, literally! I'd still be looking for my old boy to grab if that was me. I'm off to work now, still celebrating though. Rams!!

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
rams didn't play well, won by 20 and destroyed them in the second half on the road

will take it

times are a changin

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've been really impressed with Blythe . Keep Starting Blythe!

Ya, I realy like Brown because of his size and he is good...but, maybe Blythe is better.....hmmmm, maybe we have great depth with Blythe/Brown and Noteboom. Thanks for your analysis on this.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
+1 This ^^^^^^
I totally agree with this. Heck, there's nothing wrong with some tough 3 yard runs. It's a lot like body punches in a prize fight. They take their toll and soften the defense. Plus it keeps your O line firing forward and playing nasty and physical.
And that's always a good thing.......

~ArkyRamsFan~
Still looking forward to a game where McVay gives Gurley the ball six times in a row, not just to get a td but to freak with D Coordinators' future game planning.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Had to work tonight but had game on radio during break and on the way home. Still thinking we should have pounded Gurley more inside the 10, but I'm not complaining. :cool: A very good win my friends. Look forward to next week when i can be in chat and us beating up on Zona. Cheers folks!

PS. Great job by marcus when crossing the goal line on pick 6 but I'm afraid the league will be fining him. lolol. We need to start a gofundme account for him as that was damn good entertainment from the video I saw here. lolol

JackStraw

Rookie
New season, same McVay Rams

Averaging over 30 points per game and are masters of the half time adjustment. I recall a few games last year where opposing D drove down field for opening drive TD only to do pretty much nothing the rest of game. Red zone defense still great. I thought whistle should have been blown on their only TD 5 yards short of end zone.

Only stinkers i can think of offensively was Kupp's drop at his belly button and to a lesser extent Goff overthrowing the deep ball but I'll take and incomplete over an INT. Maybe a stretch but I'm expecting Goff's TD to INT ratio to be better than 2:1

Cooks > Watkins for simple fact of creating downfield PIs. He showed some very solid mid range route running considering he's supposedly just a deep threat

OL gets game ball with Saffold(praying he can reach an extension) and Whitworth leading the way. Not sure Jamon Brown is guaranteed anything after tonight's performance out of Blythe. Let's see how next week goes. Nice to know there's at least a little depth.

Suh and Donald played ho-hum and Barron was inactive. Only allowing one TD versus a top 20 offense at their place was quite the accomplishment. If our young LB crew can improve throughout the year and our defense(pending multiple injuries) will be a top 5 unit no doubt

I'm finally on the John John choo choo. Great tackling and not only was that INT an incredible feat of athleticism but was clutch as hell.

Nice seeing Samson(without Delilah) rack up 3TFL - he's been a pleasant addition since day one.

BEAT ARIZONA

SELL OUT THE COLOSSEUM

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've been really impressed with Blythe before this season and after watching him closely in the preseason I started to think he was better than Jamon Brown. No longer a sneaking suspicion for me, he should be the undisputed starter at RG. Blythe has sneaky power. He is an excellent blocker on the move, which is a key part to everything McVay does. Far better than brown than getting out on the move in the screen game and getting movement laterally at the first and second level on in the zone run game. He is far superior to brown in pass protection, where Brown is a liability at times. Keep Starting Blythe!

Blythe was very good tonight, but Brown was the #1 guard in the NFL in pass blocking from the 5th game on. Just means we have mad OL depth

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When Jared Cook has games like tonight he demonstrates what a heartless turd he is the rest of the schedule. Wouldn't take him in fantasy for the next 2 or 3 games.

Had a great time at the bar tonight. Raiders fans all crazy thinkin it was their night. I wasn't worried man, this team you could tell still had that calm. The calm they didn't have in the playoff loss. They just weathered the storm and took charge and ran away with it.

Oh and that FG there at the end was a little bit of a tip of the cap by McVay to his mentor. He took his foot off the gas there towards the end, and IMO showed some class by burning clock then putting that 3 on to basically finish it. The pick six was a great and final door slam on their hopes. What a great game man, glad I have it recorded will watch it later without drunks all around me coloring my perceptions.

Oh and....

upload_2018-9-10_23-49-20.png

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anybody know why Carr was so rattled in the second half. Did he get clocked, or are we developing a reputation? He looked really scared and made some uncharacteristic decisions I thought.

JackStraw

Rookie

As someone who can't stand false modesty from greatness I love the confidence using borderline taunting + giving his teammates love. Shit talkers will always have a special place in my heart:sneaky:

Loved AT's comment at the end - because he aint lyin'!!