Celebration Thread: Rams@Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
and I don't know if Andrew Whitworth gets enough appreciation for what he does.

We could talk about how awesome Whitworth is and how he has been one of the best blessings to this team in its remarkable turn around from the Fisher era every single minute of every single day and it wouldn't be enough appreciation for what he does lol. The man is everything you want on your team.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Well...someone has gotta give Teams a shoutout.

Zuerlein nailed that 55 yarder from the dirt!! That put us up two scores and the Raiders were on their heels from that point.

Hekker is just Hekker. Best in the game. Period. He impacts games.

Yup! Greg the Leg is back! And Hecker flipping the field in the 2nd half on that one punt that bounced out at around the 12 yard line was awesome.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Donald played a'ight. Had the sack that was taken away by dumb penalty. Even though Carr was yelling at him for the hit, it wasn't legit dirty. We see him falling sideways and trying to get to Carr, not aiming for his knees. Was a great sack that the refs took from him.

Also he hurried Carr into making that unwise lob pass that Littleton picked off. When watching the game replay you'll see Donald was coming at him quickly. Replays also showed Donald being held a few times and he did draw a penalty during another play. The Raiders had their fair share of offensive penalties thanks to that Ram front.

Agree the LB's looked impressive in their debut. And Johnson continues to impress me with his football smarts. The guy is the underrated member of the d-backfield in only his 2nd year.

I thought the Johnson int was amazing...it was really impressive when he went up and won that battle for a jump ball...Huge, huge play in the game...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Yup! Greg the Leg is back! And Hecker flipping the field in the 2nd half on that one punt that bounced out at around the 12 yard line was awesome.

I was a little concerned when he shanked that 1st FG attempt, but the 55-harder was right in the throat...

Rainram

Starter
BF7673B8-80BF-43AC-B07F-8B74A9193E98.gif

Gonna be a lot of this opposing sidelines this year

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I was a little concerned when he shanked that 1st FG attempt, but the 55-harder was right in the throat...

Yeah I was a bit concerned after the 1st miss. Like will that come back to haunt us? But I was also reasoning that it was in the dirt, even though they practiced in it. Dirt fields suck, I disliked Anaheim stadium for that reason.

What I kept waiting for was the Raiders' back-up snapping TE to blow a snap, but he held it together.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Great win! Bit of a slow start for offense, due to no preseason snaps, but got it going in 2nd half.

RamsFan47

Rookie
Well I got to see the fireworks I've been waiting for all off season. This team is a power keg that just got lit!
-I can't think of a game I've seen where the QB had that kind of melt-down with being sacked only one time.
-Five (five) catches from the Oakland WR core. Lock Angeles anyone?

This was a flawed first half. Rust, sluggishness, what ever you want to to call it. This team has corrections to make before Sunday.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I don’t know if it was right or wrong to keep the starters out of preseason play, but Gurley looks like he is in mid season form with fresh legs. Also, I’m not sure what got Carr so antsy..did he take a hit we didn’t see?

I think he could feel AD breathing on him. LOL.

In all seriousness, Carr took a shot below the knees early in the game from AD that was called (rightfully so) and I think that was all we needed to do to rattle him.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Well I got to see the fireworks I've been waiting for all off season. This team is a power keg that just got lit!
-I can't think of a game I've seen where the QB had that kind of melt-down with being sacked only one time.
-Five (five) catches from the Oakland WR core. Lock Angeles anyone?

This was a flawed first half. Rust, sluggishness, what ever you want to to call it. This team has corrections to make before Sunday.
We’re going to fucking destroy the Cardinals next week. Like, nuke their city type of win.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I actually wonder if McVay was a little rusty as a play caller. Thought I heard Walden called plays during preseason. Thought McVay spent too much time trying to prove we could run jet sweep from all WR spots and with some new passing plays. 2nd half seemed like a return to running to Gurley and staple play-action plays. Have to rewatch to be sure.

Love the win though!!! These are the trap games for good teams so glad we could pull it out.

I think that first half was our pre-season. LOL!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Don't know if any were called but none were thrown to a TE. No Everett either. He has sunk to the third TE spot unless that is just being determined by formation/set.
It may just be a match up thing.
Everett played a few snaps, I don't think that he's fully healthy yet.