CAMP REPORT Camp Report: Day 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Loving these camp reports!

Also love the D-Line drills they ran, this team is really trending in the right direction, I'm more hyped already than I ever was during those dark days, and training camp was all we had back then!

Henderson is a real good coach. He let them alone early. He gets on the padded machine. Will guys work on there form.

Lbers did a couple doughnut drills as well

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
RB group ??

Gurley had an off day. No reason to get him hurt.

Kelly is a guy I did not notice??

Malcom Brown is a flat out stud. He is all-around good.Speical teams,catching,out of backfield,blocking.

Justin Davies made a play. Aaron Donald after the play tried to dislodge it a few times. He was having fun with it.Ball security is a Ram things

Colburn showed up a couple times. Don’t remember how. Almost for sure one was on special teams.

Ram fans around are excited about Henderson. They say he is going to be fun to watch . Smooth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
WR -

Hodge made a nice play.
Reynolds ?? I think he made a few plays.
I think his jersey was wrapped so it made it hard to see though ???

Woods- just a good veteran player.

Kupp- enough said - actually he is sneaky. Gets open on quick routes.He has always been a Goff guy.

Cooks looks bulked up ?? He is going to have a big season.Great ball security . He gets another full season with The rams

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
O’ Line ??

I thought when The Rams did O vs D drills
the D’line Schooled them. I think really depth
Is a problem. Then again the young guys will
find there way.

Evens & Edwards should be fine. just next group fork is

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have really enjoyed the camp reports from everyone. I like them even better than from the Pro reporters! I was disappointed that the NFLN did our camp report before pads,which was sort of useless. I have seen fan video on YouTube and the Rams are doing things right for the fan experience. It looks like a great place to take your kids to...maybe even better than an actual game because of the player interaction. The players seem to be feeding on fan energy, which was nice to see.
I remember camp reports in St Louis, and they were good too, but the Rams organization was really bad at the old Rams Park...I don’t remember it being close enough to get a good view of the different position groups, etc...IE,the Rams have upped their game in this respect!

I loved the fans giving Myles the business about leaving for the frickin Raiders in Vegas! Get a Vegas buffet in you Myles and put on some weight up there!

Thanks so much for being our eyes in camp my friends! It’s too bad there won't be More of them!

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Webster can field punts. If he can show as a WR in pre-season he might have a chance to unseat Jo Jo as 6the WR.

Webster put up some big receiving numbers last year... should be an interesting battle for that spot.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
https://www.therams.com/news/10-observations-from-day-4-of-rams-2019-training-camp

10 Observations from Day 4 of Rams 2019 training camp
yxqee8vl8lffkokpp7ky.jpg

Myles Simmons
RAMS INSIDER

3) The defense began the first period of practice with a pursuit drill. Notably on the first-team defense, Bryce Hager was on the field as the unit’s second inside linebacker next to Cory Littleton. Hager and second-year LB Micah Kiser have traded days at that spot through the first four days of camp.

finally a word on that Inside LB battle... not surprised that Hager is getting first team reps...he's got experience... Hopefully Kiser is looking good and making plays..

I actually thought that Hager might not make the squad if guys like Allen and Howard really show well... but Hager has experience with us..and he's solid on special teams

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Yeah - I didn’t see you guys. Anyway freaking pisses me off I can’t go to the Chargers vs Rams. Could ride my bike quick. This was probably the only practice I’ll make.

Saw almost all those plays you reported. I did get to the D”Line. Watch them. They were mellow, for the most part early.
—Gosh I like Brockers work ethic & leadership. Donald wasn’t around early.Think he was interviewing??

For those that talk about cutting Brockers really don’t understand what he means to the D”Line. My take from today is how freaking
much Morgan Fox is going to mean to The Rams upfront. He is going to get a lot of reps.
I thought he got some first team reps today ??

#69 is the man in the middle though. Was next to Gaines. He is strong ,but smallish ?

Gaines may be short, but he is wide. I think he and Sebastian-Day will spell for each other on run/pass plays. Gaines is a big boy, and he will be a roadblock in the middle. We don’t need him to get push up the middle (though he certainly does that!!); we need him to just clog the middle.

Rapp looks good, but I’m a bit concerned that he’s often just standing around instead of communicating with the ones in the secondary—Talib, Peters, Weddle, and Johnson. With his helmet off, he really looks like a lost little high school kid, but I think he’s going to factor in pretty well.

David Long is a true technician. His athleticism doesn’t really jump out at you, but he had really good technique. He got beat on a crisp five-yard slant by Michael Thomas, but I think that’s because he was on an island and his responsibility was not to get beat deep. He came in and made the tackle right after the catch was made. On another play, he was isolated wide on Robert Woods, and he was able to knock the ball away. He did a really good job of using the sideline to squeeze Woods before reaching out to bat the ball away. I am VERY excited about David Long.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Myles lol. Dude goes out of his way to use words like "analogous" above, or "ostensibly" which is one he uses quite a bit, etc., on top of extended explanations. So irritating and Raiders fans gonna have a lot of fun with that.
Can they even read?!? Those hooligans!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is a really intriguing note above: that is a 2 gap drill. Makes me wonder whether the Rams made note of how the Patriots ran varied fronts defensively against them and elected to build some of that ability on their own roster.

Also wonder what Wade thinks about it.

Bill Johnson is gone , so the D’line Is going to
bring in a different mind set. Wade adapts well
to different types off fronts.

I saw Marquis Christian in a lot. It was hard to see if John Johnson was in as well. I believe he was though ?? Using a extra DB ?
There was a 2 minute drill going on. I got caught with one of the ropes that stopped me from moving around. I left a little early,which I had to make a decision on.
Last year I was by the video screen watching the replays which was nice. The generator gas was nasty. This year though the generator actually had a nice smell to it,but the
Monitor was facing straight towards the field & a security guy didn’t allow people in the area, until it got a little more crowded. I went to early & should have taken care of a couple things first..
The rookie Taylor Rapp did not show much except a little on special teams. Did not pick up on Nick Scott. There were a couple sleepers out there. One guy really blocked well totally keeping a gunner away from the dummy. Impressive?? Can’t recall his number.
though.
The Rams Depth is pretty good.As I missed the D’line drill transferring to DB’s.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gaines may be short, but he is wide. I think he and Sebastian-Day will spell for each other on run/pass plays. Gaines is a big boy, and he will be a roadblock in the middle. We don’t need him to get push up the middle (though he certainly does that!!); we need him to just clog the middle.

Rapp looks good, but I’m a bit concerned that he’s often just standing around instead of communicating with the ones in the secondary—Talib, Peters, Weddle, and Johnson. With his helmet off, he really looks like a lost little high school kid, but I think he’s going to factor in pretty well.

David Long is a true technician. His athleticism doesn’t really jump out at you, but he had really good technique. He got beat on a crisp five-yard slant by Michael Thomas, but I think that’s because he was on an island and his responsibility was not to get beat deep. He came in and made the tackle right after the catch was made. On another play, he was isolated wide on Robert Woods, and he was able to knock the ball away. He did a really good job of using the sideline to squeeze Woods before reaching out to bat the ball away. I am VERY excited about David Long.

My question is about Morgan Fox ?? Rotation guy ?? I think Smart is a goner.Gaines was next to me talking to his buddies. His mind set
was casual. Brockers & Fox really working together on technique.
- Good report on Long. I just was surprised how in athletic he looked trying to catch a football.

D66535D3-DA14-4EF2-907E-4B9103553295.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here is a picture load and clear of Morgan Fox at DE . SJD is right there at NT !!
I’m not sure if this the 2nd unit ?? I guess what I’m saying is Morgan Fox is earning his stripes & no one is saying anything about him.
He & Brockers are tight during practice. They really have a cool zen bond together over the years I’ve been to camp.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Webster put up some big receiving numbers last year... should be an interesting battle for that spot.

Good call !! Bubba likes JoJo better though. Which I would agree as a PR guy.

My point is as a development point of view, the future is brighter for Nsimba Webster 5’10 180 vs 5’7 153. Webster can be a gunner as well ? Then with your point of putting up good numbers as a PR or WR ?? Just going by site & feel from a scouting point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams LBers.
1B81E0F2-E61C-451C-8C36-B1C5C2A6A462.png

On this post picture.50’Samson is coming off the edge.
53 Lawler is being held. Johnson is covering M.Brown.
Bryce Hager comes up and makes a nice play after Everett catches the pass from Goff. Looks like Goff is getting the ball out faster with a little more zip.Placing the ball in better spots.

This photo is of Samson & Clay, below is the other photo.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
45FAA852-CE2F-4666-8547-DC3C8AEAEFCA.png
OLB - is an interesting group ??

Fowler is there ?? Clay stands out so much more. This defense is going to be good. Clay
Mathews is so good getting off the ball and to the QB.
- 49 Young is solid
-Lawler is not bad.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Webster can field punts. If he can show as a WR in pre-season he might have a chance to unseat Jo Jo as 6the WR.

That is the one guy and another Eastern Washington man....Webster only returned 5 punts in college, however, one was for a long TD...At 5-10 180lbs bigger than Natson, but many are and has great speed.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
O’ Line ??

I thought when The Rams did O vs D drills
the D’line Schooled them. I think really depth
Is a problem. Then again the young guys will
find there way.

Evens & Edwards should be fine. Just next group fork is

Most all know the OL cadre is the biggest concern on this Ram team. All this youth being inserted in the starting lineup & most reserve positions would mandate concern, even with Kromer/Dickerson being in charge. Kromer has his hands full @ the moment. The defense always has the upper hand on the offense early in TC. I need to remind myself that this our coaching staff (McVay/Wade/ Kromer/Walden) is having it's first look at Aaron Donald in training Camp.:shocked:

I will be looking for this OL to be rounding into form time the preseason concludes. I expect 9 OL'ers to be on the final 53 player roster.

finally a word on that Inside LB battle... not surprised that Hager is getting first team reps...he's got experience... Hopefully Kiser is looking good and making plays..

I actually thought that Hager might not make the squad if guys like Allen and Howard really show well... but Hager has experience with us..and he's solid on special teams
Been thinking that we in ROD land may have been overlooking Bryce Hager. Never missed a game due to injury in four seasons. Bones top Special Teamer who did play on all his squads. Never blessed with any athletic special gifts, but he has a excellent working brain. That should come in handy on those reads inside. Last years inside starters @ ILB'ers Littleton/ Barron/ Wilson/ Christian missed a ton of reads being caught out of position & seeing things way too late to prevent big gains.

I would bet that Barry has a big list of things to work on & getting improvement in the area pointed out above from his starting two ILB'ers would be top on that list. Not sure Kiser will help him as well as Hager can.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Some of those videos Myles Simmons had of the Dline.

A few observations.

Donald is so fast and flexible.

Joseph-Day is a BIG Dude