CAMP REPORT Camp Report: Day 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm surprised they aren't Playing Blythe at C at all.

He's never really done well at Center tbh. He was terrible enough at the position to be cut and it wasn't until he lined up at OG for us in a size-friendly ZBS that he found his niche. I'd be surprised if they consider him a Center at all, outside of injury emergencies.

Still waiting for news that Edwards or Demby is pushing him, too. He will almost certainly leave in FA so Rams gotta be lookin for his replacement.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

9e91c0d37bbcf84fbdf1bf9280ec18d2a8e334ad3bcc6184b0bc974b5c8f24b8.jpg

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Just got the skinny. #45 has a hammy. Hope to return by Saturday
See, this is why I'm not expecting much if anything from Obo, and I'm wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the roster. You can't get reps or playing time if you don't practice!

dang

Legend
So our WR Corp gets healthy. Our RB Corp gets deeper. Goff gets stronger. Everett blossoms. And the OL forms a younger version of last years unit..... Ssssshhhhhhwwwwwiiiinnnngggg....

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Josh Reynolds has some great plays today Goff found him over the middle on a dig route through a trio of defenders in the area, including Taylor Rapp, who recognized the play just a bit too late. However, I was impressed by his closing speed.

Cooper Kupp had a great deep reception from Goff on a play where they were lined up in a 1 x 3 formation. Kupp was the inside slot receiver on the right, and it looked like man coverage with a Cover-1 shell. Talib and Peters were in man coverage against Woods and Cooks to the outside. The defender (Marqui Christian or Robey-Coleman) on Kupp opened his hips at the snap and Kupp streaked down the seam for a wide open catch. Goff saw it all the way and hit him in stride, never even considering going elsewhere.

An interesting thing to note—I’ve seen our D play a lot of cover-3 with Robey-Coleman playing the deep safety and Weddle/Johnson/Rapp coming down into the box as a hybrid linebacker/safety type, usually over the tight end. Our offense has responded by throwing the mid-distance out routes and digs that the cover-3 are susceptible to.

Weddle and John Johnson have a very good rapport already, as they were trying to disguise coverages. Most of the time, they make it look like a cover-2 shell, but they’ll break off into a cover-1 or cover-3 at the break with Johnson typically going down into the box. Very exciting to see them test Goff, but even more exciting to consider what they’ll do to opposing offenses during the season. Weddle is going to fuck up a lot of plays for opposing offenses.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Everett often lining up wide, and being guarded by Peters or Talib, rather than a safety.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Everett often lining up wide, and being guarded by Peters or Talib, rather than a safety.
Do they respect him that much or are they just preparing for when they play KC and SF?

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I wanna know how Rapp is looking! Lol I have high hopes for him

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
See, this is why I'm not expecting much if anything from Obo, and I'm wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the roster. You can't get reps or playing time if you don't practice!

(LA Rams insider) said about Obo-You can't make the club in the tub.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obo needs to get his @$$ in gear. Being injured your first two camps is a great way to get a bad rep or even a ticket out of the league.

I was very high on his selection and where they got him in the draft. And yes I know injuries happen but Jesus man.