Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What I know? Is that the Rams look to be well coached and playing hard.
If McVay wants him gone, get him gone.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The amount of vitriol towards cam in this thread is disgusting. And nobody knows what's happened. There is obviously a problem there.

It's just a game, relax. You guys need to go outside and have a long walk, smell the fresh air, enjoy life. You're all so frustrated about draft picks, size and imaginary slights by players.

oldnotdead

Legend
Cam is a very good RB. The problem is this offense is changing. Williams is as good of a RB carrying the ball and he's a decent 3rd down RB as well. In other words Williams is a 3 down RB and Cam simply isn't. I keep spouting this scheme fit stuff and it couldn't be more true in this case.

It wouldn't surprise me if Cam was traded either to the Ravens or Lions. Both need a RB. Cam would go to a playoff contender with either and has a familiarity with Goff but most of all Holmes.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
As much as I am confused by what's going on with Cam and why he can't put it together, he's become a distraction. And given that our team has zero margin of error to give (against good teams) he's got to go...

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Without dissing Cam, I'm pretty sure be wants to start and to come out only when he physically needs a rest for a play or 2. Similar to Gurley/Brown of the past. But because Kyren has shown more in pass blocking, receiving and even running Cam is being slowly overtaken. I'm sure Cam wants a chance to prove himself to be the main guy this year, but apparently McVay doesn't see it that way and thinks Kyren has earned more touches.

In game 1, Cam had some nice runs but later was getting drilled in the backfield for losses. Whether his fault or not, the defenses read run when he was back there and played it that way. Maybe not tells, just tendencies and %s.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think we are seeing the writing on the wall with Cam, as far as the Rams are concerned. he has probably had his last touch as a Ram.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This team has a very positive vibe and seems like they are a high energy group. I wonder if Cams demeanor is making it seem like he is not on board with the changes It could be all about chemistry.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know how they can reconcile this thing after going through this a second straight year. It appears Kyren Williams is the guy they want to lean on for the RB1 duties. He's got the skill to be a 3 down back. I also like Rivers. He's got some toughness to him. Although his running style seems similar to Williams so he's not quite a change of pace guy.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Like to see Evans get some carries. Hopefully he can see that an opportunity has opened up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In an article from the Athletic -
1695051605817.png

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Cam Akers for Tavius Robinson or Trenton Simpson. Both are back up OLBs in Baltimore.