Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Are we still talking about happy endings?

I guess it's better than this sad ending with Akers. So much promise down the drain all because the coach and RB couldn't work together.

Mcvay went from "I made some horrible calls" to "this guy doesn't fit with the Rams" very quickly.

In between was Akers probably saying "hey coach, what the fuck with these calls? 3 defenders in my face as soon as I secure the ball? Get your act together when I'm on the field."

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think we need the So Ram whisperer to translate. Calling @Allen2McVay

I made a joke (below) but So Ram didn't get it; apparently, still hasn't.

So Ram used the double entendre "Happy Ending" yesterday when he posted:
"looking for a Happy Ending to come Monday Night in Cinncy!!"

I responded with:
Good Luck with All That.

So Ram interpreted that as me thinking the Rams couldn't win; and then extending it to me not being a loyal Rams fan. I offered several hints, including a Robert Kraft gif, and even suggested he Think Hard.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, if Akers is not a personality fit, I wish they had cut him last year. Then they may have drafted a RB in the last draft.

We all think Kyren can’t be a lead back due to his size. If he’s hurt then the Rams are suddenly hurting at the RB position.

Back to personality fit- my guess is Cam wants to be the lead back despite not being a good blocker. Instead of buying into the overall plan he sulked a bit and felt under appreciated. I don’t see that as a reason to hate on the guy. But it definitely doesn’t sound like ‘We not me’.

So, Snead used a second round pick on him. Did he not do his homework on Cam’s character? Did he figure that need and talent trumped that issue? We won’t ever find out. I wonder if part of this saga had something to do with the last draft focus being about team leaders and kids that fought to be on the field. Could be. I hope it the new focus continues. They can’t afford to be wasting early picks on guys like Greg Robinson, Jackrabbit, or Akers.