Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He probably asked Mcvay why he was getting 3 untouched defenders in front of him almost every carry he had and didn't like the answer. Saw a lot of money going down the drain every time he secured a ball and then getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage by a wall of defenders.

Who knows what's happening behind the scenes.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
TRADE HIM FOR BRIAN BURNS STRAIGHT UP!
Troubled RBs who cannot stay healthy and run into issues with McVay or his staff are probably worth a fucking ham sandwich. If that. I had hopes for Akers this year and all that but I am not gonna delude myself that teams are going to be crazy for him. We're talking probably a midround pick if that.

Just popping in to say we don’t need Jonathan Taylor. I would take a draft pick or combo with picks for an edge rusher though.
I would wait to see what the final price is, i.e. the top bid. And if I felt he was worth that I'd deal for him. Taylor would juice the shit out of this offense and our depth would be better.

Couple weeks ago our second round pick sounded like it would be closer to 30. But now I'm thinking that pick will be in the 50s. So I'd consider it if we could get him to agree to something reasonable on say a three year deal.

WestCoastRam

Legend
TRADE HIM FOR BRIAN BURNS STRAIGHT UP!

Troubled RBs who cannot stay healthy and run into issues with McVay or his staff are probably worth a fucking ham sandwich. If that. I had hopes for Akers this year and all that but I am not gonna delude myself that teams are going to be crazy for him. We're talking probably a midround pick if that.

Duuuuude...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The way NFL running backs are devalued in the draft, I wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for him, which is apparently the asking price. We could get a very good RB with that pick - especially if it is higher in the round. One with far, far less tread on the tires than Taylor. Who really has only had 1 huge season anyway.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd swap Akers with Jacksonville's D'Ernest Johnson.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@blackbart @Giles

No need to be at each other's throats. Blackbart, you've been here long enough to know that last statement was out of line. Giles, I don't think the chill was necessary; people are allowed to feel that way about a Ram who has disappointed, has obvious maturity issues, and may very well be on his way out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
@blackbart @Giles

No need to be at each other's throats. Blackbart, you've been here long enough to know that last statement was out of line. Giles, I don't think the chill was necessary; people are allowed to feel that way about a Ram who has disappointed, has obvious maturity issues, and may very well be on his way out.
It fit the situation exactly the way I would handle it in person at a bar watching with friends.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
@blackbart @Giles

It was completely necessary. We don't know what the issue with Akers and mcvay is. It could be as simple as him not producing and just lost his spot but dude coming at him calling him a pos is out of line given what we know. The fuck is wrong with yall thinking that's okay?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Guys, seriously, stop. I am saying this so you both have a chance to back off.

@blackbart , judging by a few of your other posts, you'd have long been thrown out of the figurative bar for disorderly conduct. You've been here, you know better, and while i love you as a poster, this is not how we treat fellow RODites.

@Giles , it could've easily been a worse opinion, but unlike Stetson Bennett where McVay obviously wanted to keep it private, Akers made it clear that he was cool venting out in public.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Got it I didn't realize there were body language experts. I saw a guy being congratulated by his team mates after scoring the game sealing TD untouched. I guess I'm not negative enough about these things.
Yes, please lift your game! We will have none of that positivity around here

Last edited:

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Guys, seriously, stop. I am saying this so you both have a chance to back off.

@blackbart , judging by a few of your other posts, you'd have long been thrown out of the figurative bar for disorderly conduct. You've been here, you know better, and while i love you as a poster, this is not how we treat fellow RODites.

@Giles , it could've easily been a worse opinion, but unlike Stetson Bennett where McVay obviously wanted to keep it private, Akers made it clear that he was cool venting out in public.
How in anyway did Akers vent out in public? By saying he was as surprised as we were of the decision? That's not "venting". Like I said b4 we don't know anything of the situation other than Akers was surprised by the decision which tells everyone that this wasn't communicated well and we all know mcvay has a history of not communicating with players in his doghouse. None of the above warrants calling Akers a pos. A disgruntled player, sure but a pos? Absolutely not.

WestCoastRam

Legend
How in anyway did Akers vent out in public? By saying he was as surprised as we were of the decision? That's not "venting". Like I said b4 we don't know anything of the situation other than Akers was surprised by the decision which tells everyone that this wasn't communicated well and we all know mcvay has a history of not communicating with players in his doghouse. None of the above warrants calling Akers a pos. A disgruntled player, sure but a pos? Absolutely not.
Is it possible that Aker's surprise is a lie? If memory serves, he said something similar when he was benched last year.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Is it possible that Aker's surprise is a lie? If memory serves, he said something similar when he was benched last year.
Maybe but again we don't know that. What we do know 4sure is that mcvay has communication issues with players he's done with.