Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just popping in to say we don’t need Jonathan Taylor. I would take a draft pick or combo with picks for an edge rusher though.

swmizzou83

Starter
Kyren Williams looks like a decent back.. but let's be real.. he's undersized and very, very limited as an athlete. He had the second worst Relative Athletic Score of all the RBs in last year's draft.
He'll produce some, but he's not a player who's going to make a difference, imo.

I was dead wrong on Akers, it seems... so maybe I'm dead wrong on this. But I just think they need someone with juice in the backfield.. that would be Evans on the roster right now. Rivers seems to be a nice between the tackles guy too.
Yep he definitely looks very limited today out. He just juked the best MLB in the NFL out of his shoes

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Man, with the small sample size last year I thought Tutu had the ability to run good routes with good hands. He is sure showing that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just popping in to say we don’t need Jonathan Taylor. I would take a draft pick or combo with picks for an edge rusher though.

I'm not seeing an EDGE anytime soon either, at least until after the BYE. I'd suspect the Rams want to see what they have in Ochaun Mathis first, and he won't be eligible until game 5 at the earliest. jmo.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We could use a harder runner to compliment Williams. Kareem Hunt or Leonard Fournette both are out there. Older, but not sure they are washed. Bucs o-line was AWFUL last year. Could be good 1 year stop gaps.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have been on the Alers bandwagon but fuck him. He is a POS distraction ghat isn't worth the troubles. Fuck him and his horse.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We could use a harder runner to compliment Williams. Kareem Hunt or Leonard Fournette both are out there. Older, but not sure they are washed. Bucs o-line was AWFUL last year. Could be good 1 year stop gaps.
One thing for sure, Williams isn’t a three down back. Go get someone.

I'm picking up that you might have a different perspective on the Akers situation. I respect your seniority...sincerely asking what your read is on whatever is going on with Mr. Akers?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I just hope this doesn't drag on like last year

Spend the next 10 weeks in the dog house, only to never get traded , and then get back on the field the last 4 games

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I just hope this doesn't drag on like last year

Spend the next 10 weeks in the dog house, only to never get traded , and then get back on the field the last 4 games
Yep. Rip the band-aid off. He's clearly not the same explosive guy you saw at the end of his rookie year. If you think Williams is a better all-around back go with it and move on.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Kyren Williams looks like a decent back.. but let's be real.. he's undersized and very, very limited as an athlete. He had the second worst Relative Athletic Score of all the RBs in last year's draft.
He'll produce some, but he's not a player who's going to make a difference, imo.

I was dead wrong on Akers, it seems... so maybe I'm dead wrong on this. But I just think they need someone with juice in the backfield.. that would be Evans on the roster right now. Rivers seems to be a nice between the tackles guy too.

First off, I don’t want you to be affronted by my response because I generally like your posts and am not singling you out, but…

One thing that tends to irk me is when posters lean on college stats and pre draft metrics. They don’t mean anything anymore. The competition level is different as well as the game itself.

Having said that (thanks, that felt good to get off my chest), KW is already showing what NO RB has shown since Gurley. He’s getting tough yards, reading cuts, and making blocks in the passing game. I agree, his size will be his biggest challenge because of the rigors of being a #1 back; but he has shown a level of confidence and toughness that is encouraging.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Cam has been pouting since last year. I didn't understand when people were saying he was going to have a breakout year this season. Sure, he played well enough in trash games in a lost season, but he just has not been the same since his rookie year. At this point, assuming this is not a family or injury issue, he gotta gooooo...

Agree 100%.
I never understood why Akers was “rewarded” for conduct unbecoming and Henderson was released. I always felt Henderson was better.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Good riddance. It makes no sense for a player to be so entitled after doing so little. Not that it matters, but he wasn't even a 1st round draft pick, where a player might, rightly or wrongly, expect to be given tons of leash. What is his issue?

Trade him for whatever we can get. We should have done it last year.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
First off, I don’t want you to be affronted by my response because I generally like your posts and am not singling you out, but…

One thing that tends to irk me is when posters lean on college stats and pre draft metrics. They don’t mean anything anymore. The competition level is different as well as the game itself.

Having said that (thanks, that felt good to get off my chest), KW is already showing what NO RB has shown since Gurley. He’s getting tough yards, reading cuts, and making blocks in the passing game. I agree, his size will be his biggest challenge because of the rigors of being a #1 back; but he has shown a level of confidence and toughness that is encouraging.
No offense taken.
I don’t think I ever use college stats to suggest they can predict NFL success.
Athletic profiles are a relevant. They don’t guarantee much, but they do matter.
I like him. He can play. But he is in no way a 3-down back and does not put any pressure on a defense, imo.