Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting as seems like he's rated as a 3rd round pickup by a lot of peeps.
are these the peeps you speak of, so close to easter.
1711541456663.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He’s so young, I wonder if there’s a maturity level issue and if they could be buying low.

But, yeah.. what you say seems dead-on from what I’ve read.
I do believe coaching would improve him and that might improve his consistency, he reminds me of Bobby Brown, who in college could look like a beast at times and then he would make a big play.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I know his tape isn’t as good.. but Hall from Ohio state has some excellent traits and his playing style is similar to Murphy. I wouldn’t hate trading back a little and hoping to still land Hall.
In the 1st?? Now that would be a terrible pick IMO. Dozens of guys I'd prefer in the 1st.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I would much rather go after Newton than Murphy. No offense meant to Murphy, but I've been on Newton since before AD retired. Now that he has? Definitely would pick Newton first. My mock draft also has us trading up into the late first (with the Cardinals) for Latu (whom I think is going to slide, given medicals and needs for a lot of teams).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would much rather go after Newton than Murphy. No offense meant to Murphy, but I've been on Newton since before AD retired. Now that he has? Definitely would pick Newton first. My mock draft also has us trading up into the late first (with the Cardinals) for Latu (whom I think is going to slide, given medicals and needs for a lot of teams).
Yep. Newton has been my draft crush since the season ended too. Penn State had a good Oline but Newton was disruptive during that entire game. It’s not like he had a lot of help either. A think he has a very high ceiling.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yep. Newton has been my draft crush since the season ended too. Penn State had a good Oline but Newton was disruptive during that entire game. It’s not like he had a lot of help either. A think he has a very high ceiling.

Agree with both of you. I’m fully in the Newton camp. I also feel like the rams could (and should) follow that pick up with Chris Braswell. I think he’s being severely underrated.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do believe coaching would improve him and that might improve his consistency, he reminds me of Bobby Brown, who in college could look like a beast at times and then he would make a big play.
One of those is enough for me. Pass on that shit.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would stick my head in the oven if they drafted McConkey at 19
Well I don’t remember which, either Brooks or Jeremiah said he’s the best route runner in this draft. I could absolutely see McVay being in love with him.

I wouldn’t make that pick but WTF do I know.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well I don’t remember which, either Brooks or Jeremiah said he’s the best route runner in this draft. I could absolutely see McVay being in love with him.

I wouldn’t make that pick but WTF do I know.
Maybe so, but not at 19. I am not looking for a "good route runner" at 19. Justin Jefferson was drafted at 23... A 1st rd WR, top 20 guy, has to be an absolute stud and potential #1 WR.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe so, but not at 19. I am not looking for a "good route runner" at 19. Justin Jefferson was drafted at 23... A 1st rd WR, top 20 guy, has to be an absolute stud and potential #1 WR.
Oh like Puka, yeah I get it.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I know his tape isn’t as good.. but Hall from Ohio state has some excellent traits and his playing style is similar to Murphy. I wouldn’t hate trading back a little and hoping to still land Hall.
Did a mock today, took him with their first pick in the 3rd. Felt like good value there...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Agree with both of you. I’m fully in the Newton camp. I also feel like the rams could (and should) follow that pick up with Chris Braswell. I think he’s being severely underrated.
Braswell has major athletic traits, definitely an athletic freak. His problem is that he's very raw for where we'd be picking him (He may not even be there when we get our second-round pick, and I wouldn't trade up for him.), and he took a lot of easy reps thanks to Dallas Turner on the opposite side.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Oh like Puka, yeah I get it.
That makes no sense. I didn't say you can only get a stud WR in the 1st rd. I said if you draft one in the 1st rd he better be a stud.

So thank you for also pointing out that you can get very good WRs later, especially in this draft.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Braswell has major athletic traits, definitely an athletic freak. His problem is that he's very raw for where we'd be picking him (He may not even be there when we get our second-round pick, and I wouldn't trade up for him.), and he took a lot of easy reps thanks to Dallas Turner on the opposite side.

True, but realistically we’re not getting anyone without flaws if Turner, Latu, or Verse are not picked in round 1. We would have to rely on development of Young, Turner, and the addition of Newton (in the scenario I was talking about).

Which IMO could be a good thing. Someone like Braswell has a much higher ceiling than the miscast Michael Hoecht

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
We don't have to replace him in the first. Rams still have yo take the best player for them at 19.
I love Murphy at 19. a lot of projections have him around 19th.
It's not that I think we need to jump the gun to fill the DT.
I just think there is a definite drop-off at DT after him.

This kid has leverage @ 6' , hands , power and pretty good speed off the ball and in pursuit
As of now he is my wish pick in the 1st rd. (But so was Dilfer back in the day) :laugh4:

That being said, I have no doubt Snead will take care of business, whatever that may look like.

Do you have a prospect you like better at 19?
Just curious. Would like to check out who you and others may be favoring.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I love Murphy at 19. a lot of projections have him around 19th.
It's not that I think we need to jump the gun to fill the DT.
I just think there is a definite drop-off at DT after him.

This kid has leverage @ 6' , hands , power and pretty good speed off the ball and in pursuit
As of now he is my wish pick in the 1st rd. (But so was Dilfer back in the day) :laugh4:

That being said, I have no doubt Snead will take care of business, whatever that may look like.

Do you have a prospect you like better at 19?
Just curious. Would like to check out who you and others may be favoring.
The more mocks that I see, I can see a team like Dallas really wanting to move up to get a LT to replace Smith. And I see mocks with Newton and even Murphy or Latu sliding into the 20's. Those guys, along with both Robinson's, Dejean or even Mitchell (Texas WR) could be there at 24.

So I really expect a trade down so they have an extra pick to bolster the defensive front 7, while still being able to address WR and OT or the secondary. Five top 100 picks would be a huge boost, and it also provides more opportunities to execute another trade down to fill that gap between 99 and 154.

Makes too much sense to move down. Had Donald not retired, maybe they stay put or trade up, but Donald really leaves multiple holes. They now need multiple DL to fill his shoes and the need to find ways to rush the passer is even more important now.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
True, but realistically we’re not getting anyone without flaws if Turner, Latu, or Verse are not picked in round 1. We would have to rely on development of Young, Turner, and the addition of Newton (in the scenario I was talking about).

Which IMO could be a good thing. Someone like Braswell has a much higher ceiling than the miscast Michael Hoecht
Latu has an injury flaw.