Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't have to replace him in the first. Rams still have yo take the best player for them at 19.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Thought the same. Although there are others I like in the 2nd round. Kris Jenkins specifically. But also Leonard, Carter, Jackson, etc.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know that you can take someone in the first round to 'replace' him. That just sounds like way too much pressure on anyone.

WestCoastRam

Legend
There's a lot to like about Murphy. I doubt here's there at 19 but if he were I would run the card up.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Murphy and Newton now become major possibilities at 19. We also literally have nobody at edge either. I'd go BPA of an edge or DT with almost no chance of going CB now.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah it would be an overreaction. If he wasn't at the top of your board yesterday he isn't there now just because we need a DT.

muggmeister

Rookie
Nah it would be an overreaction. If he wasn't at the top of your board yesterday he isn't there now just because we need a DT.
Actually it just might help them make the pick, a need is a need and this just became our most glaring hole on the defense outside of another edge rusher.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually it just might help them make the pick, a need is a need and this just became our most glaring hole on the defense outside of another edge rusher.
But the problem, I think anyways, is that you're more likely to hit on the other positions than you are a pass rushing defensive tackle. If Murphy is legitimately the best player on the board than it's all good. But not if we're just trying to replace Donald.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We don't have to replace him in the first. Rams still have yo take the best player for them at 19.
Move Michael Hoecht inside where he should be and then take the best player in round 1 and you can look at DT later.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Who's to say Murphy wasn't at the top of their board already?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who's to say Murphy wasn't at the top of their board already?
No one, including me. I just said if he wasn't before then this doesn't put him there. But if he is then you take him.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I imagine we'll look at an IDL on Day 1 or 2, but my expectation is that Kobie Turner replaces Aaron Donald (to the extent one can replace AD) as the 3-Tech. That's Kobie's natural position.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I imagine we'll look at an IDL on Day 1 or 2, but my expectation is that Kobie Turner replaces Aaron Donald (to the extent one can replace AD) as the 3-Tech. That's Kobie's natural position.

Don't sleep on Desjuan Johnson either. I'd still draft Jer'Zhan Newton with a trade-down (think Murphy benefitted from Sweat too much for me to trade up for him), but don't sleep on D-John getting that 3-tech spot and running with it.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I like Jenkins -- think he's going to ascend and become a star in the NFL. Might need to move up a bit from 52 to get him. Maybe move back from 19 (end of 1st or early 2nd) to get an additional 2nd.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
GBN's list of top DTs. There will be guys in those first 3 rds that can help. Thank God this isn't a year where they don't have any top 75 picks.

1000003277.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Is Murphy now at the top of the Rams draft board?
DL certainly becomes more important. We were a bit light on the roster I felt last year, and you gotta have the beef up front.

DL in most mocks aligns nicely in the 20s. So I would think it is in play.