Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Wasn't comparing positions man. Simply stating findings.

OL as a whole are taken much less on a yearly basis than people think. Especially C.
Yes they are because each position you cited puts twice as many people on the field. Also each of those positions have a rotation of up to 5 or 6 people at times each where as you put 5 OL out for a game unless somebody gets hurt. There's no comparison.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I love the over reaction to Austin Blythe being signed by the Chiefs.

"The Rams didn't prioritize the center position"
"The Rams didn't make a play for a pro bowl caliber center"
"The Rams should have let Floyd and DWill walk along with Hill, Johnson and Fox and signed a fooking offensive center!!!"

Geesh!!! These guys have gone 43-21 the last 4 years and some act like they don't have a clue!!! They get paid to know what they're doing. We pay to watch them do what they do. And going into the 2021 season, many prognosticators (who also get paid to do what they do) believe the Rams are the favorite in the NFC West, just behind Tampa for the Conference. As Tom Jackson used to say, "Come On Man!!!"

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

"The Rams should have let Floyd and DWill walk along with Hill, Johnson and Fox and signed a fooking offensive center!!!"

Geesh!!! These guys have gone 43-21 the last 4 years and some act like they don't have a clue!!! They get paid to know what they're doing. We pay to watch them do what they do. And going into the 2021 season, many prognosticators (who also get paid to do what they do) believe the Rams are the favorite in the NFC West, just behind Tampa for the Conference. As Tom Jackson used to say, "Come On Man!!!"
A good record isn't going to shield them from criticism nor predict that not prioritizing a veteran center will bite them in the ass. At this point, we are what we are. Time will tell if their plan works. Let's enjoy the ride along with some kicking and screaming involved lol. Here's to hoping we draft the best center in the draft that's ever been drafted.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
They liked Austin Blythe except for the salary cap situation.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A good record isn't going to shield them from criticism nor predict that not prioritizing a veteran center will bite them in the ass. At this point, we are what we are. Time will tell if their plan works. Let's enjoy the ride along with some kicking and screaming involved lol. Here's to hoping we draft the best center in the draft that's ever been drafted.
yeah I'm really not feeling us going into the championship window with a rookie center. But now that that seems to be the only other option we better go straight for a center at 57.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

“Just shut-up and watch!”
Kind of defeats (most of) the purpose of this site doesn’t it?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if they did, they'd learn a thing or two.......for example, boobs are a great thread idea
You wanna hear some crazy reasoning when you dispute a poster's dearly held analysis of a player that the Ram's brain trust has violated, by disagreeing with said poster

I say, "I think I'll trust the guys who get paid for a living to draft/sign talent, over a fan on the internet." lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

Everything you and others have said is true. Does that mean they haven't made mistakes? Does that mean their handling of this or other situations is correct? Nobody who is commenting on the Blythe free agency is saying we weren't 43-21 in the last 4 years. But to act like they've won some games when Rams coaches and GM's haven't done that in a long time makes them beyond reproach or perfect is a pretty big stretch. Unless it's really unacceptable to have a different opinion than McSnead I'll go on expressing my opinions on the team as I'm sure you will as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll still be available after I'm cut in KCMO....As Arnold says, "I'll Be Back" ~ Austin 3:66
ciMLyHW.jpg

Shuie3225

Starter
How do you know we didnt make a play for one?

Because we signed Floyd, thats how I know. Snead and McVay said he was their priority. So instead of bolstering the interior OL with a stud pro bowl caliber player, we chose defense. When we go after people we get them. We've shown that time and time again in FA and in the draft.

Shuie3225

Starter

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1376995904952037377?s=20

This is exactly what it is. We're now playing poker with our cards face up. Everyone in the NFL knows we're taking a center or guard at 57. And if for some reason some stud Edge or CB falls we either wont be able to draft him, or risk entering the season with a complete hole at center. Which is still a possibility at this point regardless of who we draft. Blythe wasn't good, but he was insurance and depth which allowed us to enter the draft with flexibility and unless we sign Reiter that is gone.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Is that what I said? Don't criticize the head coach and front office? I've criticized McVay a number of times this year.

“Just shut-up and watch!”
Kind of defeats (most of) the purpose of this site doesn’t it?

Again, a misquote. Sure criticize but perhaps lean on logic a bit. "They didn't have a plan" because they didn't sign a guy MOST Ram fans didn't think should be resigned. If they were "banking" on Blythe not getting a single offer, then he wasn't worth signing anyway.

*Logic*

Everything you and others have said is true. Does that mean they haven't made mistakes? Does that mean their handling of this or other situations is correct? Nobody who is commenting on the Blythe free agency is saying we weren't 43-21 in the last 4 years. But to act like they've won some games when Rams coaches and GM's haven't done that in a long time makes them beyond reproach or perfect is a pretty big stretch. Unless it's really unacceptable to have a different opinion than McSnead I'll go on expressing my opinions on the team as I'm sure you will as well.

They are not beyond reproach. I think I covered that above and with many of my previous posts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jourdan is reading this wrong. She needs to watch Blythe's tape.

What just happened is we lost a backup level player.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jourdan is reading this wrong. She needs to watch Blythe's tape.

What just happened is we lost a backup level player.

she's just regurgitating the info she's being fed by the rams.

she's like bernie m without the whiny bitch and lapdog part.